It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astronomers Capture The First Image Of The Mysterious Web That Connects All Galaxies

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+52 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Thought this was very cool new info and haven't seen it posted. The universe is similar to a spider web or neuron network of gas, energized in some way. This could aid in interstellar travel. I'll add a pic in a minute.

For the first time, astronomers were able to see a string of hot gas known as a filament that is thought to be part of the mysterious underlying structure that dictates the layout of all the stars and galaxies in our universe.

www.businessinsider.com...

edit on 19-1-2014 by sligtlyskeptical because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

There was another post about this recently. Pointing out the similarity between the connections and the synapses in the human brain.

Very cool

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Reminds me of the neuron network of the brain.

+14 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Whelp, it seems that we are nothing more than characters in the dream of a much greater being. Good game folks.

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
It looks more like to me that the further we look, the harder we look out in space, the more we are actually just looking in.

Maybe thats my web?

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Perhaps this is evidence of quantum entanglement between that which is observed and that doing the observing. The structure resembles the circuits in our brains because they perform similar functions on a larger scale.

There is an obvious cohesion to the entirety of creation that can be imaged and gravity is woefully inadequate to the task of holding it all together...if consciousness is intrinsic to the fabric of reality, then that could very well be the "mind of the creator" we are looking at there and we are but specks within that vastness, but know that as we peer outward we are merely looking deeper within as well for one cannot exist without the other.

And I really did not mean to go all stream of consciousness on this...

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Very interesting - this reminds me of the Hyperion Cantos series by Dan Simmons where he presents the idea of "the void which binds"

The Void Which Binds, more commonly known as Planck Space, is a dimension which is present nowhere and everywhere at the same time; as its name hints, it is the plane which unifies all of existence, unlimited by space and time.

Link

Here is more:

It is suggested numerous times in the Cantos that the Void is the place where every consciousness is located, as a quantum wave of probabilities. The human emotion, reasoning and self awareness, as well as other sentient species', are projected in the Void. The physical location of those other races and their identity is never deemed clear throughout the Cantos, but it is said that some of them are organic and some artificial, and that they inhabit both our galaxy and others. They posses ultimate control over the Void for billions of years, and are therefore capable of manipulating space and time. This feat enables them to experience past, present and future events, as well as casting physical substrate throughout the universe. The energy to power their projects comes, it is claimed by Aenea in The Rise of Endymion, from quasars and blasting cores of distant galaxies.

edit on 19/1/2014 by deltaalphanovember because: that = which

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   

All Seeing Eye

Reminds me of the neuron network of the brain.
Yep, I've always thought we were in the brain of God. Talk about collective consciousness. There ya have it!

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by new_here

God is formless we are the brain.

+13 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Also, when people talk about alternate dimensions, no one seems to mention that dimension can mean SIZE. Like, humongous brain = universe. As above, so below, and all that jazz. Of course, it would also mean your brain is a universe, and the The Universe is a brain in one being in a bigger universe. Maybe that's the true nature of Infinity... it goes on forever in both directions... Fractal Universe, or FU for short. I so bad.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   

onequestion
reply to post by new_here

God is formless we are the brain.

Welllll maybe... and yet God is unfathomable, and so is the Universe. So they do have that in common. But I won't say you're wrong. You'll just have to settle with I'm not sure I'm right. Definitely something fun to ponder, eh?

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
This topic has my mind swimming. The way this is illustrated shows a connected energy throughout the universe. Is it possible that constant cosmic events are what keep everything going? I.E. does the universe keep itself going by "sucking" energy from these events? Could this "sucking" of energy actually cause the super nova events and such, as the universal force overcomes solitary star systems? I think this discovery will open the door for a quantum leap of understanding of how the universe operates.
edit on 20-1-2014 by sligtlyskeptical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Cool...

This certainly makes one wonder if we are in fact nothing more than a neural net inside someone's head.

For those star trek people - An episode of DeepSpace 9 / Star Trek TNG had episodes that brought this topic up.

In ST:TNG Professor Moriarty and his mistress were stored in a self contained device that could sit on your desk. However, to Moriarty he thought he had left the Enterprise and was off to explore the galaxy without knowing he was on nothing but a self contained holodeck.

In DS9 the Defiant hits some type of rip in space. When they broke free they found they had accidentally snagged a proto-universe that was not visible. They discovered intelligent life developing in the proto universe and so had to find another way to deal with the problem.

Recently we have scientists discussing the possibility that we are actually in a holographic environment ourselves...

Maybe we are all living in a simulated holodeck world, sitting on someone's desk

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I find the whole concept very fascinating, on many levels. Several one liner comments come to mind as well..

"Art imitates life, and life imitates art", or "As above, so below" and "As within, so without".

The idea that reality is a fabrication being brought to our senses was brought to the mass public in the movie "The Matrix", and yea I know, many of us loath to bring that up, but in all actuality, how do we know it's not that way already?

Conceptually, we do bend reality to our will with our efforts, in one way or another.

Think of it as your computer, you click an icon on the desktop, and something happens. Much the same way in the holodeck, you touch something, and something happens..

WHAT happens is the interesting part, because I don't think we fully understand all the dynamics of what is happening behind the scenes.

Perhaps "magic" is real, and we just have lost the arts..

Anything is possible, even the improbable.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Thank you for creating the post SS.
I think this is only the beginning of what is going to be revealed/discovered though. Micro/macro, I think it is obvious what we all are.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I think this is a great discovery that confirms the current view of the large-scale structure of the universe. I'm more interested in the scientific side of this, rather than perusing whether me might be inside God's brain, or whether we might be "creating" what we see.

There's no basis to say that there's some sort of energy that flows through those filaments. They were formed either through gravity, or through the quantum "foam" at the beginning of the universe, or through both. The EM radiation from stars and quazars is what energises it and makes it visible, same as with regular nebulae.

What I'm really wondering about, is whether this filamentary structure becomes homogeneous at larger scales, or continues on, no matter how large a scale you chose.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Ok, the universe we see, is a tiny part of the brain of the observer of the univers. But this guy must be very big than, and what about the world he lives in, who big is that world ? or does he somehow live in this universe, and observ him self, as we do ?

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Like the brain of God.

Surprised no ones ever said that

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Ove38
Ok, the universe we see, is a tiny part of the brain of the observer of the univers. But this guy must be very big than, and what about the world he lives in, who big is that world ?

That is one possibility. I think another is that size is part of the illusion and awareness will have a micro and a macro to observe no matter where the reference point is located.

or does he somehow live in this universe, and observ him self, as we do ?

This is a cool thought. Perhaps the architect of this Universe is not aware that they are so they can forever enjoy the game.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   
It's worth pointing out that the picture at the top of this page is a computer simulation so any analogies to how it looks like God's brain or a neuron are misguided as its not a real physical representation.

I would go further to doubt the validity of the article itself as it goes on to state:

"Computer models tell us that those galaxy clusters are linked by long filaments of hot gas and dark matter — a mystery substance that we can't see because it doesn't radiate or scatter light but that makes up most of the web."

Not only can we not see Dark Matter- we cant measure it, therefore we have a computer simulation using partial date with null data to give us understanding of the bit "that makes up most of the web"...

There is no need for Dark Matter in Physics that embraces Superfluid Vacuum theory....Bose Einstein Condensates are more interesting than dark filaments of magic.

edit on 20-1-2014 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-1-2014 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join