It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wither [UFO] Iconoclast(s)? 2006-2014 RIP

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
whofortedblog.com...-10399

Rich Reynolds' UFO Iconoclast blog disappeared this past weekend. I've yet to find an explanation or a reasonable theory as to it's demise. As many of you remember they were recently the source of much controversy regarding the Roswell "Dream Team" alleged alien photos. There was a week or two of internet thuggery on the part of Reynolds, Kimball and others directed at Kevin Randall, Don Schmitt and Anthony Bragalia...

ATS small thread regarding the photos/slides...www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Roswell Dream Team Nightmare...www.theparacast.com...

UFO Chronicles old interview with Rich Reynolds...www.theufochronicles.com...

edit on 312014x432014-01-14T14:43:02-06:0002uTue, 14 Jan 2014 14:43:02 -0600f by Toxicsurf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Toxicsurf
I've yet to find an explanation or a reasonable theory as to it's demise.

Rich Reynolds had posted a couple of weeks ago following the demise of the UfoUpdates List that (if I may paraphrase from memory) Errol Bruce-Knapp's retirement from the field of ufology was a sensible move and he would probably be closing that blog in the next few days.

A couple of people (including me) posted on Rich Reynolds's Facebook page over the weekend asking if he has indeed shut down - but we have not had an answer yet.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

thnx Issac....

Found some of the past drama on Wayback...
web.archive.org...://ufocon.blogspot.com/2013/09/authentic-alien-images-from-roswell.html
edit on 312014x012014-01-14T15:01:20-06:0020uTue, 14 Jan 2014 15:01:20 -0600f by Toxicsurf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Hello Toxic and Isaac, I had no plans to be posting comments on UFOs or ufology, but this caught me by surprise.

Next to nothing is happening with UFOs and here we have another dramatic change in ufology. With EBK's List retiring and now (possibly) Rich Reynold's blog, it's a significant change in the landscape of the field. In my opinion, they represented two of the last public outposts of sincere and serious ufology.

I was once a regular commenter on the Iconoclasts blog and found Mr Reynolds to be a congenial and likeable host. With that in mind, I can only wish him and the RRRgroup well.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Jeff Ritzmann has just pointed that the blog is back online, and its absence being said to have been a "social experiment" by Reynolds to "see who our friends were".

Jeff has expressed some skepticism as to whether that was the real reason.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Maybe Rich Reynolds just pulled a shallow publicity seeking stunt by capitalizing on the closure of UfoUpdates.

new topics

top topics

join