It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is why I do not believe the radiation readings being put out by Tepco or the Japan government

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Its citizens like this guy that keep it real...... there are many of the videos out there, but this one is pretty straight forward.

The date of this video is 1/12/14.

Nihonmatsu, Fukushima is 30 kilometers from Fukushima Daiichi.

Storm drain readings are 100 x normal backgound, but yet Tepco/Japanese government would have you believe that everything is ok... its only the plant itself that has high readings....

its all a pipe dream about manipulating numbers.... a reading 5 feet in the air is vastly different from a reading on the ground... especially where water flows.... why?? because the radiaton naturally sinks where it accumulates.

there is and will continue to be bio-accumulation in the Pacific ocean.... and it will move up the food chain....the top of the food chain ( you and I ) are eventually going to consume some radiation from Fukushima.... there is no way to avoid it. The 64 million dollar question is, of course, how much!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M8SdLFxBY0
edit on 13-1-2014 by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by RickinVa

When this first happened I felt very bad for the Japanese people. They had to deal with us nuking them now them nuking themselves. However after all the lies, coverups, anti-whistle blower legislation and I am starting to think I could care less about what happens to them.

Toss in their abject rape of fish populations via illegal fishing and whaling in sanctuaries and I don't even feel bad about saying it out loud.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

The kindergarten kids that would play on the playground in the video have nothing to do with the ridiculous legislation or illegal fishing and whaling. Do you feel bad for what happens to them? Your statement is rude and callous.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

RickinVa
Its citizens like this guy that keep it real...... there are many of the videos out there, but this one is pretty straight forward.

Storm drain readings are 100 x normal backgound, but yet Tepco/Japanese government would have you believe that everything is ok... its only the plant itself that has high readings....

its all a pipe dream about manipulating numbers.... a reading 5 feet in the air is vastly different from a reading on the ground... especially where water flows.... why?? because the radiaton naturally sinks where it accumulates.

there is and will continue to be bio-accumulation in the Pacific ocean.... and it will move up the food chain....the top of the food chain ( you and I ) are eventually going to consume some radiation from Fukushima.... there is no way to avoid it. The 64 million dollar question is, of course, how much!

Thought id add this youve been drinking radiation now for decades if you like wine.

www.decanter.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

MojaveBurning
reply to post by Mamatus

The kindergarten kids that would play on the playground in the video have nothing to do with the ridiculous legislation or illegal fishing and whaling. Do you feel bad for what happens to them? Your statement is rude and callous.

the playground is closed and fenced off,,,,, for obvious reasons....

the point of the video is that there are high and dangerous readings across Japan in spite of what the Japanese government is telling its people.

Most telling is the fact that the open air monitoring station has a reading of .58 micro seiverts per hour.... while the storm drain 50 feet away (approx) shows a reading of a whopping 32.48 micro seiverts per hour. Thats a huge difference between 5 feet in the air reading and ground readings.

I shutter to think what the wind stirs up every time it blows across northern Japan

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

dragonridr

RickinVa

Thought id add this youve been drinking radiation now for decades if you like wine.

www.decanter.com...

post like this are nothing but distractions...... there is no environment that has 0 radiation,,, that is an accepted scientific fact...... but as soon as you go above zero...... radiation is unhealthy.... the higher, the worse it is.... you can't deny the truth.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Way too much data is available on ridiculously high radiation levels in Japan and in the Pacific. It's no longer a point of saying "Fukushima is safe" - that's comedy. If anyone researches themselves, there can be no doubt. Hopefully people can get out of those affected zones.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
waiting for the banana guy to make an appearance to talk about naturally occurring radiation.

Anything above a 0 radiation level is not good for you. The higher it goes the faster you will see the effects.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
correction,,,, the date of the actual reading was Oct 2013.... it was posted 1/12/14 ;;;so thats 2 1/2 months ago.... so it's still a recent demonstration that clearly shows there are readings way way above what the Japanese government would have you believe.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
The very well demonstrated fact that radiation varies in intensity with the accumulation of the fallout should be a tripwire for everyone.....
The message is stay away from such sources of accumulation.
But when it comes to eating radioactive foods,...unless they glow in the dark, or you personally geiger counter your groceries.....
How can the japanese feel secure about anything at this point?
Drinking water,vegetables, sea foods,virtually the whole Japanese food production process.....think not about minute doses, but
think instead about ACCUMULATED DOSEAGES!!!.....
As in places like Iraq, where depleted uranium was used as munitions....The frequency and severity of birth defects from the prevasion of minute radioactive residue of the ammunition after use has skyrocketed....
The japanese people are in for a many generational price that will be extracted from their own hearts, and their childrens children too.....
What is the entire span of human life compared to a half life of 500,000,000 yrs?
The very longevity of the residues of any nuclear materials should have turned the paranoia driven governments aside from dabbling with this avenue of human endeavour.
It only makes sense to stop further proliferation of this poison till such time as the science is practicable for dealing with the consequences of any "accidents".

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

RickinVa

MojaveBurning
reply to post by Mamatus

the point of the video is that there are high and dangerous readings across Japan in spite of what the Japanese government is telling its people.

Most telling is the fact that the open air monitoring station has a reading of .58 micro seiverts per hour.... while the storm drain 50 feet away (approx) shows a reading of a whopping 32.48 micro seiverts per hour. Thats a huge difference between 5 feet in the air reading and ground readings.

I shutter to think what the wind stirs up every time it blows across northern Japan

Not a fair comparison storm drains will have higher concentrations the material is washed in to the sewer thats not a ground reading.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MojaveBurning

And I could give a crap what you think either. Call it rude call it callous, I no longer care. Just like in the USA, The People get the Government They Deserve.

Don't want to make a stink about something your Government is doing wrong and you are complicit. If you are complicit then I say no tears wasted. Besides kids are like puppies. No matter how many you put down there will be ten more right behind them.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

dragonridr

RickinVa

MojaveBurning
reply to post by Mamatus

Not a fair comparison storm drains will have higher concentrations the material is washed in to the sewer thats not a ground reading.

Yeah...it's fair to tell someone that the air monitor is showing .58 an hour.... but meanwhile junior who is crawling on his/her hands and knees by the down spout is receiving a significally higher dose that what you are led to believe. That doesn't make any logical sense.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

RickinVa

dragonridr

RickinVa

MojaveBurning
reply to post by Mamatus

Yeah...it's fair to tell someone that the air monitor is showing .58 an hour.... but meanwhile junior who is crawling on his/her hands and knees by the down spout is receiving a significally higher dose that what you are led to believe. That doesn't make any logical sense.

I dont let my kids play in sewers and neither should they since radiation isnt the only problem nasty stuff in sewers so your points silly.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

stirling
The very well demonstrated fact that radiation varies in intensity with the accumulation of the fallout should be a tripwire for everyone.....
The message is stay away from such sources of accumulation.
But when it comes to eating radioactive foods,...unless they glow in the dark, or you personally geiger counter your groceries.....
How can the japanese feel secure about anything at this point?
Drinking water,vegetables, sea foods,virtually the whole Japanese food production process.....think not about minute doses, but
think instead about ACCUMULATED DOSEAGES!!!.....
As in places like Iraq, where depleted uranium was used as munitions....The frequency and severity of birth defects from the prevasion of minute radioactive residue of the ammunition after use has skyrocketed....
The japanese people are in for a many generational price that will be extracted from their own hearts, and their childrens children too.....
What is the entire span of human life compared to a half life of 500,000,000 yrs?
The very longevity of the residues of any nuclear materials should have turned the paranoia driven governments aside from dabbling with this avenue of human endeavour.
It only makes sense to stop further proliferation of this poison till such time as the science is practicable for dealing with the consequences of any "accidents".

The japanese probably know more about radiation than any country on the planet as they say experience id the best teacher.Trust me when i say the only readings being taken is by the government is false. The people of Japan has dealt with it before and will handle this as well they are very determined.In fact the reason this continues is they want to clean it up instead of intomb the place like the Russians did.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

dragonridr

RickinVa

dragonridr

RickinVa

MojaveBurning
reply to post by Mamatus

I dont let my kids play in sewers and neither should they since radiation isnt the only problem nasty stuff in sewers so your points silly.

its not a sewer....its the down spout from a house.... the detector was sat on the grate above the run-off drain. The point is, no one knows where and how many of these "hot spots" exist..... do a youtube search... there are plenty that show much higher readings across Japan than what the government tells its citizens.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

RickinVa

dragonridr

RickinVa

dragonridr

RickinVa

MojaveBurning
reply to post by Mamatus

its not a sewer....its the down spout from a house.... the detector was sat on the grate above the run-off drain. The point is, no one knows where and how many of these "hot spots" exist..... do a youtube search... there are plenty that show much higher readings across Japan than what the government tells its citizens.

Thats odd to say the least should be lower sice rain will carry the radiation with it. cant figure out why it would br higher then background unless water is trapped in it maybe.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

This is, as we can see, from Tokyo
(Don't know why it is not showing up!)
www.youtube.com...
Birdhairjp is very selective in the Places he chose
(But his Measurements are important and i watch every Video published
on his Youtube Channel!)

We do not live in a Drain, we do not live in a dark Corner
and we don't live under Rain Pipes, also we don't spend that much
Time on the Ground.

The max. allowed Dosages are based on exact Rules,
this Rules are based on Averages not the extreme!

Nihonmatsu is very close to the Daiichi Plant and the area get
Decontaminated various Times.

This Video is from Hitachi, not that far away from Nihonmatsu!

www.youtube.com...

edit on 13-1-2014 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-1-2014 by Human0815 because: Video do not work

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
By the Way: Japan is full of People with Geiger Counter,
alone Safecast.org or Earthspiral provide more that 12.000.000 Measurements
done by the average Citizens and not by Tepco or the Government!

Safecast

Earthspiral

We do not need Tepco or the "Government" anymore
because we waked up already (a bit late but Shoganai)

Why are the People in the US that "Lazy" and un-organised?

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Human0815
By the Way: Japan is full of People with Geiger Counter,
alone Safecast.org or Earthspiral provide more that 12.000.000 Measurements
done by the average Citizens and not by Tepco or the Government!

Safecast

Earthspiral

We do not need Tepco or the "Government" anymore
because we waked up already (a bit late but Shoganai)

Why are the People in the US that "Lazy" and un-organised?

I tried to tell people that the JAPANESE ARE MUCH MORE AWARE OF RADIATION AND ITS EFFECTS! Here in the states the big problem is Americans dont understand how geiger counters work and what they detect and well radiation in general. The only reason this became of intrest was the disaster. This caused people to rush out and buy geiger counters with no clue how they function or even what there detecting. The big scare is Cesium 137 and everyone is convinced the world is doomed problem is they dont understand it. Lets start with the bad stuff gamma and xray these are highly energetic particles that we get bombarded with every day from space. This is not the kind of radiation that was released from the accident however yet every geiger counter will pick this up. This is one reason i expect we see the scare videos there picking up background gamma particles. Since this is a thread pertaining to just the plant i wont go in to the types such as alpha beta other then to say beta is weaker then alpha.

So now to the disaster and all those scary readings. People are not aware rain water is in fact radioactive always has been always will be. Has to do with gamma emissions when water evaporates. In fact if you buy salt guess what its radioactive if you have a geiger counter try it. So lets talk about rain water ive seem people on videos testing rain water or grass and getting 20 or 30000 counts per minute.Well the good news is thats not from Fukushima bad news is your being scammed and they changed the calibration to 0 or that person lives in a reactor choose one. How do i know thats not from the accident simple its way to energetic for the particles. The release was two types of radiation radioactive iodine and cesium 137. Radioactive iodine is known as an alpha particle.This means its more energetic but not like gamma or x rays which is lethal. Prolonged exposure to alpha is not good you will become sick.Good news is all the radioactive iodine released from Fukushima has already decayed into beta particles.And is not being created anymore since the reactors shut down so its gone.If you were exposed damage is done if you didnt get sick but were exposed you may have increased your chances of getting cancer by about .001 percent. Why because you can handle the stuff with no adverse effects just dont sleep with it. You can buy uranium for example they produce alpha particles.Also in most smoke detectors as well.

Now for the scare cesium 137 is a beta particle Meaning on the average your looking at maybe 9 or 10 particles per minute. Be careful here people up there readings on geiger counters by changing the display per hour giving you 50 or 60 looks scary that way.As i said Beta particles are in rain water oceans stream wherever there is water. And it always has been and will always be beta particles are produced by evaporation when those highly energetic particles from the sum and space hit the water during evaporation. Now the release from Fukushima may have increased somes chances of developing cancer we wont know the true effects until a decade or so. But further away say 200 miles we are only talking about an extra 1 or 2 particles per minute a drop in the bucket. Releasing in to the ocean wont cause a mass die off beta particles are produced naturally in the ocean remember i said salt is radioactive. Even with a massive release of beta particles withing a couple of days the ocean will return close to normal say maybe 5 or 6 particles per minute over there norm. It either gets dispersed over a wider area or many particles will simple find crevices on the ocean floor to hide in. There is alot of radiation already on the ocean floor thats why if you have an up welling in an ocean current you get higher readings. Beta is the least harmful because its the least energetic you can hold it in you hand for an hour with no increase in cancer and agin barely registers on a geiger counter being say 9 a min.The only real danger is breathing it and having it get stuck in your lungs this will indeed increase your risk of lung cancer. If you ingest it it would be gone from your system in 72 hours remember we eat stuff all the time with beta particles. Is it good for you well no this is probably one of the main causes of cancer besides smoking. But cancer has been around ever since man walked the earth. Are body has certain protection to try to prevent it but not everyone matabolizes things the same and people develop cancer.

Now there are going to be people that race in here and tell me im wrong if your truly worried about radiation exposure dont be what i said was for you. If you are the people that like doom porn and want to scare people then we will continue to debate in the thread and i will use physics to explain your wrong.

top topics

join