It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doppelganger Confusion, Anyone?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
There was a story related to this on Reddit www.huffingtonpost.com...

"He had a friend take a photo, which he posted to Reddit. In the thread that followed, he wrote that he was "tripping like crazy" when he ran into his long-lost look-alike. Because he's "all Afghan" with Caucasian siblings and his doppleganger is half German and half African American, the genetic coincidence seemed particularly unlikely to the student, whose Reddit ID is Hamazing."

I have a few stories to share. The first incident I believe I was a senior in high school in 1996. I lived in a small town but my friends and I would drive over an hour to the big city to go to a 16 and older dance club. I was shy and would usually just hang out on the side and watch, lol. Anyway this group of girls kept looking my way and smiling but I didn't do anything about it. My friends decided to leave the dancing area and go shoot some pool so I went to follow and a few of the girls ran up and grabbed me. They asked if my name was Donny and I said no. They said well their friend thought I was really cute and wanted to dance. So I danced with her for a couple songs until I got bored and said I was going to go hang out with my friends

Fast forward to 2000 and I moved to the Seattle area after graduating from college. I had so many people asking me if I went to UW and I said no and they would say I had a twin that went there. It happened so many times it made me want to see what this guy looked like.

Oh one more that happened within the last couple of years. I was grocery shopping and came around a corner and almost bumped into this lady pushing a cart with 2 kids in it. They all just stared at me. One kid said, "Wow he looks like daddy." and the mom said, "Wow, he does look a lot like daddy, but it's not him." The lady was blonde, caucasian and stunning. Her kids were also blonde. The weird thing is I'm Asian and darker skinned, lol. My wife is blonde and caucasian also and my 2 kids have dark brown hair.

Bring on the all Asians look alike jokes, lol. People think I'm Hawaiian or Samoan.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by nugget1

I met my doppelgänger when I was about eight years old. It was my cousins birthday that day, and my family and I journeyed one county over to go to her party. I was wearing a stiff little white shirt, with the CRAPPIEST little bow tie on an elastic cord, that a little kid ever got dressed up in, as well as my best trousers and shoes so shiny that I combed my hair (which used to be the classic ducks arse style, before I was able to grow it out) in the reflection they gave off.

We arrived at the venue, which was some kind of village hall or other, and to my surprise and delight, there was to be a performance of magic tricks, by a clown no less. I decided that before all that madness kicked off, I had better go and offer happy returns to my cousin, and went hunting about the place looking for her. There were a fair number of people at the party, that I had never met, and loads of kids my own age too, so it took me a while to catch up to my cousin, and she introduced me to this dude called Simon, who initially had his face turned away. Upon hearing his name, he spun round, and it was like looking in a mirror. Same hair colour, style, facial structure markers, height, age, approximate weight, everything.

We were both awestruck for a moment, and I slowly raised my hand in greeting, and of course, he had done the same thing at the same moment, but by the time either of us realised the freakiness of the situation, it was too late to cease the greeting ritual into which we had just entered. It got freakier... We were dressed in pretty much identical clothing. We were both the only kids in the room to genuinely enjoy the Status Quo tracks which occasionally broke up the wave of tedious girly music my cousin had selected, and of course, as luck would have it, he was the same sort of mischievous genius as me, so we spent most of the rest of the afternoon confusing everyone at the shindig as to which of us was standing before them at any one time, including our parents!

That was all twenty and a bit years ago now, but I am told, though I have not seen photographic evidence of it, that he and I still share an awful lot of both our facial features, and our mannerisms, way of talking, thinking, acting, opinions, preferences... I think there is a reason why we never hung out more, apart from the distance. My cousin summed it up best by saying "Now, Pete, I really think it would be epic to see you both on a night out, but it is entirely impossible to imagine how that night would end without an attempt at either the destruction of mankind, or at the very least a totally accidental, mass casualty calamity!" Knowing what I am like after a night on the Rum, I can well believe it!

It feels good to know he's out there somewhere, doing his thing though. Weird aside, his name is Simon, and mine is Peter.... That has a special significance to God bothering types like me.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

That was all twenty and a bit years ago now, but I am told, though I have not seen photographic evidence of it, that he and I still share an awful lot of both our facial features, and our mannerisms, way of talking, thinking, acting, opinions, preferences.

Another reason for some of these stories I would bet, is infidelity.

My Father was promiscuous as was my ex husband. I am always wondering if some of the guys I see that resemble my brother, sisters or father are half brothers, sisters to me.
I know they are out there as no one used protection in those days and my father was very nice looking, turned heads wherever he went. I would love to meet all of them!

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by hwyking

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Yep I have to wonder if his Dad took a trip somewhere about the time he was born.....same dad would be a perfect answer.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Thank you all for chiming in with your stories! Somehow, it doesn't feel quite so strange, knowing I'm in good company.

Fylgje

Your story was so sad; I'm sorry for the loss of your best friend!

Baddogma

That certainly proves that you don't die if you see your look-alike

Char-Lee

That must be a rather disconcerting feeling.
Do you think your family would have kept that secret?

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by GenerationGap

CAREFUL CAREFUL CAREFUL! This screams of a separate personality you are not yet mentally aware of or willing to accept! These things are real! Have you been to any fight clubs or made any soap lately?

I'm not quite sure what to say.

I looked up 'doppelganger', and it seems to be associated with the imagination and the paranormal. After much research, I finally found what having a look-alike is called: ULA, or Unrelated Look Alike, or Unrelated Twin.
Some studies have been done, and show very different personalities.
The conclusion is that identical twins have such similar personalities because they were raised in the same environment.

I loath violence, so no fight clubs.
I don't make soap, either.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

I am pretty certain that my father never did the dirty on my mother, and that I am their son, as opposed to being the product of a union between my mother and some other chap. My father never had the imagination to cheat on my mother, or the required passion either, and my father and I share far too many features and biochemical similarities for me to be any other mans child (mores the pity).

Perhaps Simon and I share a common ancestor many years in the past?

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Chipkin9
Oh NO!

It looks like you've exposed the fact that you're really a clone donor, and have crossed paths with the client.

Just make sure she doesn't damage any of her vital organs

I'm too old.
The science wasn't developed until I was nearer to my mid years of life.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by nugget1

That must be a rather disconcerting feeling. Do you think your family would have kept that secret?

Well as I said my theory was they may not know if the Dr just took one twin. There is the possibility however, my Mother never seemed to like me from birth and she is quite a mystery to all of her children, we don't know anything about her. She does not answer questions.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   

When my youngest daughter was born, she hand dark hair and bore no resemblance to any of the read and blonde haired family- either side.
It caused some speculation with the gossipy, tongue-wagging crowd!

When she was 3 or 4 my mother ran across a picture of my grandmother at that age, and they could have been twins! Mystery solved.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Yes I like that thought, surely that accounts for some of these look alikes!

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by hwyking

Thanks for the link! Your story made me think of the old country song "Another Mans' Kids Call Me Daddy".

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Char-Lee

Yep I have to wonder if his Dad took a trip somewhere about the time he was born.....same dad would be a perfect answer. [/quote

That is a thought I never considered. It might account for SOME of the 'twins'. Hmm....

Briefly off topic: I thought this
sign said 'go nads'. Gotta get new glasses soon....
edit on 1u88America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1u88America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I have a doppelganger that most folks know all too well - Bono from U2. I don't think he knows about me though. Obviously folks don't confuse us since I'm a bit younger and don't dress/act like a rockstar (for Halloween I have though) or travel in the same circles - and I'm American (Irish).

Strangely I've had pictures taken of me while out at bars with girls wanting to make their friends think they met Bono - I'm a good sport and will play along. Also, I never had any problems meeting the ladies so that's been a bonus. Though happily married now.

Weird story though, my wife has met Bono and was photographed with him in Boston. A few years ago the photographer who took the picture of her and Bono, when she was 12-years-old, contacted her and asked if she could use the photo in a book she was compiling of famous people she'd photographed. That reminds me, we never did hear about the book again (I know what I'm doing next, asking her to write the photographer to see if got published).

Edit: Fun story by the way, and you have to meet this twin - I bet you both can fill in the blanks on odd encounters you've had in that town.
edit on 14-1-2014 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

nugget1
reply to post by hwyking

Thanks for the link! Your story made me think of the old country song "Another Mans' Kids Call Me Daddy".

lol. I will have to look up the song

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

Glancing at your avatar made me think of Clint Eastwood, and how, many years ago I knew a man who was his twin-if not him! He even had the same voice!
He had lived in the area for many years, and had a lot of rental property, so he couldn't have been Clint, but still......

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

hwyking

nugget1
reply to post by hwyking

lol. I will have to look up the song

My aging mind might have that backwards, now that I think about it. I think it might have been something about my kids call another man daddy......

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Psst! Your name is Tyler Durden......

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

8675309jenny
Psst! Your name is Tyler Durden......

But...but..that's a guys' name!

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I just want to remind you, its always wise not to touch your double in doppelganger cases or time anomalies or you may end in a pool of goo, as wise time cop warns us

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join