It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doppelganger Confusion, Anyone?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Baddogma

Have to wonder sometimes if the whole world is a joke. Maybe a computer sim where they reuse all the patterns like we do in video games.
Maybe like that movie where the aliens turned the whole world all around at night.

Dark City
www.imdb.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

MadHatter364
reply to post by nugget1

The next time someone mistakes you for this "doppelganger", just ask them :" who do you think I am?".
Someone MUST know the gal's complete name/phone number etc. so you can set up a meeting.

Her name is the same as mine, with a minor spelling variation. Friends have been alerted to get as much info as she is comfortable sharing, and a phone pic, if possible.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I too have a doppelganger that seems to live about an hour east of me. I was eating lunch in a restaurant when a older couple approached me to tell me that their nephew is my twin and at first thought I may be him when they watched me come in and sit down. They said they were from out of town and they live only a few counties over so I'll probably never bump into him.

Years before that I was in a store with friends. We split up and ran into each other a few minutes later. They were laughing because they had just snuck up and grabbed a dude playfully thinking he was me. They continued to say we looked a lot alike but they couldn't locate him again to show me. They said we had the same leather coat also and both wore glasses.

I jokingly assured them he must be a handsome guy.

edit on 13-1-2014 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

My looks aren't what you would consider 'average', either. I'm what might be considered an 'overgrown Leprechaun', among a couple of other distinctive features.

While all families can have dark secrets, I'm pretty certain that my having a twin isn't one of them.
( I did think through the possibility, I must admit!)

Wouldn't it be fascinating to have DNA testing done on both of us?!

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Did you notice your 'twin' before you took the photo? I would love a picture of my 'twin' and I together!

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

nugget1
reply to post by mblahnikluver

TextDO you ever talk to this "twin" of yours?

We have never met, but I have often wondered what would happen if we did.Would I recognize 'myself''? Would it be like looking in a mirror?

I wonder that also. Would you realize you're looking at someone who looked like yourself? Would your mind even go there? I notice people that look like other people all the time but I've never thought "Hey, that dude looks like me."

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by nugget1

Did you ever think that you were separated from a identical twin at birth? I know it's a long shot, but maybe your parents couldn't handle two children at the time or maybe you're adopted (just a guess)... And the reason why I think the separated at birth could work is because you're both still in the general area, which could be very plausible to assume...

Trying to throw out ideas....

S&F
edit on 13-1-2014 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Baddogma

I agree that we can't say it's 'supernatural', but there is just such an eerie feeling about it!

I have always had a very unusual 'fashion sense', and don't follow the current fads- at least, not without adding a personal 'flair' that nobody else has.

Apparently, 'she' does, too!

In a way, I'm kind of hesitant to meet her. If we're so much alike, what if I don't like her

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
TheLieWeLive I don't believe we've ever gotten that close to each other. That would be strange!

jhn7537

Did you ever think that you were separated from a identical twin at birth?

Yes, I did think it through.
I'm 99.999% sure that I didn't have a twin.

Also, I live WAY inland from where I was born and raised.

edit on 100000022America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

nugget1
TheLieWeLive I don't believe we've ever gotten that close to each other. That would be strange!

jhn7537

Did you ever think that you were separated from a identical twin at birth?

Yes, I did think it through.
I'm 99.999% sure that I didn't have a twin.

Also, I live WAY inland from where I was born and raised.

edit on 100000022America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: (no reason given)

Crap.... Then back to my "think tank"... hahaha.... Be careful with dopplegangers though, I've heard that if you ever see yours then that means you're going to die... So try to avoid her at all costs, hahahaha

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

nugget1
reply to post by abeverage

Did you notice your 'twin' before you took the photo? I would love a picture of my 'twin' and I together!

No it was not until someone pointed them out! I wished I had!

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I have one too! She has the same first-name as me and I've never met her. We grew-up in neighboring towns that mingled a lot and I was constantly being asked about stuf "I" had done or not done. Eventually we determined there was another girl that looks like me in the other town. Then I moved to another country for 7 years and recently moved back. I'm thinking she must have either moved-away too or looks different now because it hasn't happened since I've been home this time.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Malynn

It sure can cause some confusion having an 'identical! Apparently, mine is quite well known in the 'party' crowd, and I have never cared for that scene. Maybe that's why our paths have never crossed closer that they have?

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by nugget1

While all families can have dark secrets, I'm pretty certain that my having a twin isn't one of them. ( I did think through the possibility, I must admit!)

People born before all the prenatal care like myself there are many possibilities. There have been known for Drs to sell a second baby when parents were unaware they had two. Back then people were not permitted in the delivery room with you. My mother already had 3 kids when I was born and she was very poor with no medical care prior to my birth and no insurance. I figured maybe the Dr was worried about giving two babies to a starving family and kept one..the lucky one probably!

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Oh, that's a scary thought! My mother was such a tiny woman, I'm pretty sure she would have known if she were carrying twins...and so would the rest of the world!

I do think DNA testing with a doppelganger would be interesting, though. I wonder if that's ever been done?

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Well, when I saw mine it was nearly twenty years ago... and I don't THINK I'm dead... so, if you see one, sure, it could mean you're gonna die... but we all die, so that's not any big premonition!

Maybe it means the guy I saw was just a look-alike (and into the same things I was ... like a Chess tournament, of all things!) and not supernatural... and the supernatural ones mean your time is up.. heh.

Yeah, this world can be so normal for most of the time (if being aware and alive here is truly any sort of "normal") and then get so completely weird... and to Char-le... Darkworld... yeah... great flick!

edit on 1/13/2014 by Baddogma because: mix up cleaning

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I have one for ya:

In 2006, my cousin/best friend died suddenly of cardiac arrest. 2 years later, I was in town and stopped at the tobacco store, and here comes this guy walking across the parking lot towards me. He is identical, I MEAN IDENTICAL to my cousin. I dropped my truck keys on the ground and looked at him in utter shock. The way he lit his cigarette, the way his hat was, the way he was dressed---everything about him! I watched as he walked right by me, not able to say anything. I mean, I knew it wasn't my cousin for obvious reasons, so I was trying to rationalize it. This could not be. Maybe he was separated from a twin at birth or something? IDK. All I know is that I wanted to hug him and tell him how much I missed him. This stranger probably wouldn't have liked that.

So when I get home I tell my wife and my dad. Months later, my wife comes home and excitedly tells me that she saw him!! I said who? She said the guy that looks like your cousin. She was shaken by it like I was. Not long after that, my dad seen him in the same town. He was also blown away by how much this guy looks like my cousin. Three people who can confirm identical identity. If I see him again, I'm taking a pic of him and asking him some questions to try and get to the bottom of it.

I know that my cousin could never be replaced, but I so wanted to make this guy my friend so I could have my cuz back. But then, I decided that it probably wouldn't be healthy for so many reasons. I just wanted to share this. I don't know if it's some sort of bloodline, or if there are many humans who are printed off the same piece of paper. I know doppelgangers exist.
edit on 13-1-2014 by Fylgje because: typo

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

nugget1
I' not really sure which forum this would best fit in; if this isn't it, feel free to move, mods.

Since moving to this area in 1975, I have had a doppelganger who has caused a bit of confusion on more than one occasion!
While taking an evening class at a local community college, people would start talking to me as if they knew me. Being new to the town, my confusion was obvious, and they would apologize, saying they thought I was somebody else.

Three years later, I had met quite a few people in my new home town. It was not unusual for someone I couldn't quite place to say 'hi', maybe engage in a little small talk. Not wanting to be rude, I would try to appear as if I remembered them.

One day, a friend asked why I was so distant at the local all night restaurant at 'bar thirty'. They tried to engage 'me' in conversation as I sat with a group of friends, but 'I' acted like I hardly new them!
I assured my friend that I was not there; I don't drink and was certainly not having breakfast with the bar crowd. I got the impression that my friend thought I was being deceptive......

Instances like this would happen every few months, and then seemed to quit for a couple of years, until......
I broke my left foot, and my HMO required I see a doctor in a neighboring town 30 miles away. As I was walking into the clinic, a man greeted me warmly, asking how the heck I'd been, long-time-no-see, etc. I was keeping up my end of the conversation, trying not to be rude, while desperately searching my memory for who this guy was.
After some polite small talk,I said I needed to get to my appointment. He said he'd noticed I broke my foot again, only it was the other foot last time. He bid me good day, and said not to be a stranger- stop by again soon.
I'd never had a broken bone in my life before this accident, and I got the sense that this man knew 'me' quite well!

About three years later, my doppelganger seemed to have moved back to my home town. People who knew me very well began to have encounters with 'me' again, and would later ask why 'i' was so distant towards them, thinking maybe they had offended 'me' in some way.

I began explaining that I had a doppelganger. The thing I find odd is how we both seem to have a preference for an unusual style of eye-glass frame, and we seem to wear the same hair styles. If I get a new hairstyle, my doppelganger sports the same one!

Four or five years ago, my 'twin' came into a store where my best friend works. After a warm greeting, it became obvious that 'she' wasn't 'me', so my friend told her about the identical resemblance.
It appears that she,too, has been plagued by the same phenomenon, but hadn't considered a doppelganger before.
What I find most unusual is we both have the same name, only she ends hers with an 'E' and I use an 'A'.

I wish my friend had thought to get some contact information. I would love to see my mirror image!

If you have any theories on doppelgangers, or a similar story, I would love to hear it!

P.S. At one time my doppelganger was in a relationship with a person of a different ethnicity, and their public display of affection caused some confusion for one of my friends who witnessed it, since I am very happily married!

CAREFUL CAREFUL CAREFUL!

This screams of a separate personality you are not yet mentally aware of or willing to accept!

These things are real!

Have you been to any fight clubs or made any soap lately?

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

nugget1

Oh, that's a scary thought! My mother was such a tiny woman, I'm pretty sure she would have known if she were carrying twins...and so would the rest of the world!

I do think DNA testing with a doppelganger would be interesting, though. I wonder if that's ever been done?

I was a tiny baby the smallest of my siblings at birth by far, so that would be one hint. But honestly I have just always felt like a twin, like I am missing someone all the time.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Oh NO!

It looks like you've exposed the fact that you're really a clone donor, and have crossed paths with the client.

Just make sure she doesn't damage any of her vital organs

<< 1    3  4 >>

join