It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mediums

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2003 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Does anyone here believe in Mediums, let me know your thoughts...

posted on May, 22 2003 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Many mediums do seem to demonstrate incontrovertible evidence that they have supernatural ability to �know� things or contact dead people. I tire of seeing psychics on TV promoting their road shows or books. Desperate people who are searching for answers that are unavailable from a human standpoint will readily gobble up anything that fits their agendas.

I suppose the crux of this question is: where does that ability come from and for what purpose?

posted on May, 22 2003 @ 10:43 AM
link   
hmmmm, I suppose you can be drawn in to something that you really want to believe, especially if it's something you want really badly.

But sometimes, mediums and such like know things they couldn't possibly know... There must be some truth in all of it.

posted on May, 22 2003 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Yes, fair comment. For me the deeper question is, where does that ability some from? Is the source good or evil? I believe that sugar coated candy / poision exists for those desperate or gullible enough to take it.

I've read too many stories about people duped into parting with their cash or changing their lives, because some medium said they should.

My own mother went to mediums for years. She was told that she would die in an automobile accident. She immediately took out auto accident insurance and paid the preimum for 35 years. In the end, my mother died of natural causes - the medium prophecy was a lie and her life insurance policy was worthless!

posted on May, 22 2003 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I was deeply in love with a woman last year. She has a need to seek psychic advice because she can't seem to make decisions for herself and determine her own life's directions. Her medium the "Water Lady" (she used a glass of water as a crystal ball) told her that she and I would be married. I went to marry her because I loved her (not because of some medium's prediction) and she got cold feet and chickened out. Blah, blah.... woof, woof - so much for medium predicitons!

posted on May, 22 2003 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pocket
Does anyone here believe in Mediums, let me know your thoughts...

I'm sensing you were told by a "psychic" that something good is abound? I'm also sensing this is a 'love' thing that did not work out the way you were told/expecting it would? I would refer you back to my posts in your threads Pocket, read them through a little deeper..sometimes what you 'think' you want and/or need isn't always the case and looking back you may see this..

When you do something a medium or psychic tells you to do or go in the direction they are telling you to go in..it doesn't always mean that what may happen will be positive, or even if it 'has' a negative affect doesn't mean that the underlying isn't positve...does that make sense?

Just because your heart is broken now does not mean that it will stay that way forever..the psychic you saw may have told you your 'soulmate' is very close and you took it as the person you were involved with, but that does NOT mean that it was him. And quite evidently if he did not work out..then he wasn't, so I would carry on and think "well, that just means that we still haven't found eachother but perhaps he's waiting for me around the corner" and if you were to have been tied down to someone who is NOT your soulmate, then he may have passed you by like two ships in the night

*I have also visited psychics but as ArcAngel would say; don't bet the farm on what they tell you* and as alien would say, ultimately WE are the ones who choose what path we take, it's all about choices that lead you to your fate..
Mag

posted on May, 22 2003 @ 01:32 PM
link   
If you really want a good Medium go here...

search.barnesandnoble.com...

Look up the address on mapquest for directions.

My great grandmother was a trance medium. There is a difference between a psychic and a medium. The medium is far more accurate.

posted on May, 22 2003 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Here is ONE link to a woman called Doris Stokes, she was very famous in the UK for many years, on TV and personal shows around the country.

the-psychics.co.uk...

If this site does not suit do a general URL search with her name!

posted on May, 23 2003 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I have gone to so called ''mediums'' yrs ago though.........

They tell your past..........because there is truth in that........the devil(if you believe in him) knows your past as well...........

But as for the future.........they read minds on what you want out of life..........and the revelation they give you , is not their own doing!!!
It is all based on lies......................
If it were true, would not one real medium or psychic , or whatever it is they call themselves today.........come out and tell us what the future will be.......
Yes, all seem to be '''I knew that ''!!!
But only after a certain incident has been revealed.......
eg........Lady Diana wasv famous for her going to Psychics.............not one did tell her of her misfortune........only after her death.......then did they all say'''I knew that""!!!
So, whether one pays money or not, it is of no significance ,of whether one is telling you the truth or one is using their own power of prophecy...........or prophecy of dark forces.............

posted on Jun, 5 2003 @ 08:13 PM
link   
my sister went to 2 different mediums 8 years apart.the first said a man was holding a rose.the second said my mum had been given one.

posted on Jun, 5 2003 @ 09:01 PM
link   
All mediums are psychics but not all psychics are mediums. There is a large difference.

And just like in any other profession you will find people who are not honest and sincere.

When you find a GOOD medium you have found the real mcCoy. They are real and they receive messages from spirit.

How does a medium tell the difference between a message from a good spirit and one from a bad spirit?

First off a good medium will not just be doing this for the thrill of it. It is can be energy draining. Most good mediums go through training and study to get to where they are. It is through this study and training that they become aware of the protectors, teachers and guides that they have around them.

Before a medium begins her/his work, he will pray and ask for the white light of protection to surround them. Between asking for only good spirit to come through and your "band" around you spiritually you are assured only good energy comes to you.

Remember, Universal Law says you have free will choice. If you do not want negitive energy around you, it cannot come to you or thru you.

I am part of a group of Clairavoyant mediums, tarot card readers and a spiritual Healer. When any of us sit down to do a reading, we DO NOT want to know ANYTHING about you or you situation. This is a called a cold reading. It is the ONLY kind of reading I will do. It is the only way I am assured I am getting messages from Spirit.

You sit down and we start talking. We will ask if this or that makes sense or means anything. All we want are yes or no answers.

If you go to a medium and they ask for your life history first, get up and leave. A good medium will not need this information.

If you write a question on a piece of paper and hand it to a good medium, they will be able to give you information about the subject of the question WITHOUT looking. MY husband does this often for me. Yes, he is Clairavoyant and a spiritual healer.

He doesn't "heal" disease but he can help balance your energy centers (chakras) and cleanse your Aura. With These things balanced, it can then allow and help your body to better mend it self. He can, however in most cases, give relief for pain.

Our gifts are not our power. This is not an ego trip and , in fact, if you get carried away by ego, you will lose your gift.
Our gift comes from GOD/Creator. We are only channels for the messages. We only know what spirit tells us.

Many times messages are symbolic and sometimes right to the point. From my own experience, I can say that our language is very inadequate to express spirit.

When we give readings and a message is there concerning something you might do in the future, you should rememeber it is only a possible path. A good medium will not tell you to go get a divorce. They may tell you to consider it, that it is something you need to consider, because spirit is suggesting that you do.

Interestingly enough, for the most part, Spirit does not predict. When someone is doing some definate date setting, etc. be leary.

You have to understand that at any given point in your life you are always at a cross roads. Your future depends on what path you take at any given time. Because you always have free will, the future is never set. General predictions, however, may be very accurate.

Sorry if you think that may be misleading but that is the way spirit works.

Another point, say you go to a medium to get a message from aunt kate but Uncle Joe comes through. We have no control over that. Uncle JOe just had a more important message for you at that time.

Hope this helps.
Phimes

new topics

top topics

join