It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Meme's (last one i promise)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
As a part of the ATS advertising and media exposure agenda i think what you should do is create a forum dedicated to creating memes for the ATS Facebook page to help advertise the website to a larger audience. In this forum members will be able to create and submit memes for staff approval and post directly to the Facebook page. As it stands the social media pages of ATS are what i consider bland and lack a personal connection required to successfully advertise through social media.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
That only works for comic sites. People who would be hooked by memes want to laugh and nod, not sweat and ponder.
edit on 11-1-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Seems to be working for lots of other people and sites.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

onequestion

Seems to be working for lots of other people and sites.

Well, what exactly do you mean by 'memes'?

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

From wiki...

A meme (/ˈmiːm/; meem)[1] is "an idea, behavior, or style that spreads from person to person within a culture."[2] A meme acts as a unit for carrying cultural ideas, symbols, or practices that can be transmitted from one mind to another through writing, speech, gestures, rituals, or other imitable phenomena.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Just me as a member talking here..

BUT.

Say you created a thread in this forum, which worked similar to the way that this series of threads worked, then you'd probably get something off the ground.

Creating a whole entire forum is quite a hassle honestly, and unless it becomes something that is popular and beneficial to ATS as a whole, it's not likely to get that much attention if you can understand what I mean.

So, I would suggest that members with these sorts of ideas ( the artsy ones) take initiative and try to start some things amongst themselves.

No doubt the admins at large and those who manage the FB and other social media aspects of ATS will take notice.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Oh i get it. Like having an ATS member MEME thread, or contest in the art section and posting it to the pages myself, giving credit to the author of course, o something along those lines anyway.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
This did very well on Facebook…

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Damn! How did i miss it...

I was so frustrated with everyone around me talking about duck dynasty it was driving me crazy.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Auricom

Need to work on that grammar, dude. It's "you're".

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I can see how that might have happened. Also, nice Moriarty avatar.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

One grammar mistake out of a lifetime and you're labeled a degenerate.

But seriously, I love memes. I've seen a few good ones on ATS lately, but I'm not sure we should have a forum dedicated to meme creation. Besides, we have a plethora of "off topic" sections for various non-conspiracy related threads. Maybe we could have a sticky somewhere instead? I have a couple of alien ones I'd like to share. (Not Giorgio!)

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Oh, that's good! lol

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Yup.

And I'm sure any really good ones would find their way to the right places

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
Also, nice Moriarty avatar.

Ah… that's Sherlock.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

SkepticOverlord

AfterInfinity
Also, nice Moriarty avatar.

Ah… that's Sherlock.

It's funny because I was thinking of a different version of the same show. Very interesting take on the Holmes mythos, as well. I kinda fell out of it, but I might get back in.
edit on 11-1-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Oh geez! We certainly don't need more of a membership like that and by that way. Its not about quantity here...its about QUALITY.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Hey I got one,

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

id say we do a good job of weeding out the poop eaters or the ones who really dont care.

If youve noticed over the years i see a lot of people come and go but the people who really care never go away. I even get to know people by reading their views over the years.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join