It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Country scares you the most? What Country do you think is the most likely to spark WW3?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
America starting WW III, nah. America is run by multi-national corporations that trap most of us Americans into wage slavery, and it has made money into our national religion. Nuclear war is bad for business, but conventional war is profitable to the industrial military complex that is America. As early as Eisenhower we knew what was happening as he said "In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists, and will persist." I see America over reacting to a nuclear first strike, but I don't see America starting a nuclear war. That would be started by extremist religious/political states such as China, Korea, Iran, Iraq or any number of rogue states. America is pretty screwed up, but it wouldn't use nuclear weapons. No, America would use all the lovely weapons we make, that cost trillions and will bankrupt this once great country.

edit on 13-1-2014 by DarkDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

I concur on that. Sneaky little Switzerland has no qualms with whom they deal or harbour as long as all looks legit to the outside world. I'll gotten gains from all over the world has ended up in its bankers paradise. Just look how long it took before any stink was really made about all the stolen Nazi gold and money that was traced back there. They new of it's origins when taking it ... but even the Devil needs a banker I guess.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigent

Oh WOW! I'm so sorry!

So, you meant "where is Palau" too!!! That's what I was wondering.

My bad. It was chronaut.

LOL!!!

Sorry, bro.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ElohimJD

I do respectfully disagree ! As a Christian I have well read the prophecy concerning the latter times and God bringing peace to the earth is not in the book . In my opinion The war of this topic can best be described as the war of Gog and Magog as described in Ezekiel 38 the results of which are best described in Zechariah 14, and is not to be confused with the Battle of Armageddon which is mentioned in Rev.20 verse 8 which also names Gog and Magog .
The AC will bring peace to stop the war described in Ezekiel 38 and will be mistaken for Jesus by many . He will sit in the physical Temple per 2nd Thess chpt2 ,be rejected and shamed and seek to destroy Israel completely . Then Jesus will truly save Israel as people believed to start with .
The battle of Armageddon will include all of the nations of the world verses the war of Gog and Magog described by Ezekiel .
The peace you describe will be the Millennial Reign of Jesus and the battle of Megiddo will be after the 1000 year reign per Rev.20 verse 8.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

Thanks for that!!! Yes, I discovered I was mistaken when I went to wiki to look up "countries with standing armies."

So - I'll just stick with "Canada is neutral."

But, that said - I'm glad they're our neighbors. As well as Mexico. I don't speak French, but I do speak Spanish, and....
so far, we have the North-Western hemisphere rolling relatively smoothly.

I hate to think that the USA has such an abominable mistrust factor, but...I totally understand it. And, I'm not supportive of the USA's foreign policy!!!!

Please, everyone!!! Don't think that I am.
O_o

edit on 1/13/14 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

I don't know if you're a believer in "predictive programing" but that story has some of the earmarks of it.
I never really thought of China in that way, very insightful.
I have been thinking they have us in their sights. I suppose it's all orchestrated anyways, with tptb seemingly three steps ahead from the get go.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
There's 2 who could make it happen. No surprises.

Number 1 is Iran by a large margin. They're the only country in the world who is actively and successfully pursuing nuclear weapons which is controlled by religious nutcases who want to fulfill religious prophecy through chaos and war. They're completely open about it and it's all laid out for everyone to see. And they provide regular material (videos and literature) for their elite Revolutionary Guards to prepare for that day when they die. Imagine if somehow the most devout End Times Christian Fundamentalists seized control of the United States? What would they do with their nuclear weapons? They'd eventually rationalize a way to bring about the Rapture. The Iranian government are the Shi'ite Islam equivalent of them. They are a death cult and their goal is to bring about the Islamic End Times. They say that, and I believe them.

Number 2 is North Korea. No religion there in a conventional sense. Just a third generation ruthless dictator and his regime with a hopelessly desperate and brainwashed tragic population. A disaster economy in perpetual teetering collapse. An on the edge of war policy with the rest of the world. With nuclear weapons. At any time something could go wrong there. What happens if there's a revolt or uprising or some kind of civil war breaks out? And those in power with the ability see it happening and decide to go down big? It's a nuclear powder keg.

At the moment, there aren't any other real contenders for triggering WW3. China and all the rest are too interested in money and the material world. It's only when you've got religious nutcases who count on an afterlife more than real life, or a morally bankrupt evil dictatorship going down that are armed with nuclear weapons that you'll see a WW3. You need fanatics and people with nothing to lose who are angry at the world.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Stackpot

I don't know if you're a believer in "predictive programing" but that story has some of the earmarks of it.
I never really thought of China in that way, very insightful.
I have been thinking they have us in their sights. I suppose it's all orchestrated anyways, with tptb seemingly three steps ahead from the get go.

Governments are all about divide and conquer, you can see that easily in the fractionalization of societal groups that will never gain consensus to out a renegade government. In the case of the US you can add an "empire" type attitude. Since all countries are coveted for control by the IMF/World Bank/BIS and only a few are left to consume, these will be the scapegoats. When negotiation and diplomacy do not work in achieving capitulation, you have economic and financial pressure first or sanctions, then you send in the meckanics to target key political and military personnel and when that fails, it falls to a military operation which sets an example for other consumable countries.

As far as Jericho as a probabilistic scenario, it is a possible scenario, but as I said, I don't think the Chinese would want the US to fail. If that is the case I believe that would indicate that they are outside of the loop, since it appears the IMF/UN does want the US to fail. We have competing factions it would appear trying to control the fate of the US. If a trade deficit decrease is in the works with China, I would think the future scenario for the US is being steered by the IMF/UN towards revolution while China is trying to stop it from happening. The Chinese are not stupid and I don't think they would kill their golden goose.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 1/14.2014 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   
It won't be a country that starts something that big, although it's possible that's what we'll be fed.

WWIII will start when TPTB decide the time is right. No sooner or later.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   

combatmaster
reply to post by iRoyalty

So.... go live in Iran!

Im sure they have the capability to do everything the USA does, but just choose not to!
edit on 2014-01-12T00:40:50-06:00201401bam3101am5031 by combatmaster because: (no reason given)

That old strawman argument....

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   
No ones mentioned Germany? They started the last 2 world wars they may as well go for the full hat trick.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   
im not scared of specific countries as much as im scared of ideologies and opinions people seem to be willing to defend with their lives, regardless of the fact that they understand the ideology or not.

the world is filled with those who would murder me, if given the chance, based solely on assumptions of who they believe i might be. ive accepted the fact that if the SHTF, i'd be most likely killed early...

in this way im not so much scared of any particular country i happen to be in if or when it happens... im scared of people's assumptions of me...

im scared of how disconnected we are in the west, and how much effort would be required to band together, in order to perhaps rebuild a torn world...

the way things are going, i just cant fear a single country alone.

im a native american living on land "given' to me by the federal government of the united states of america...

im pretty screwed regardless of where i happen to be during the storm...

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Interesting angles there Dave, I agree IMF UN cabal is working towards a leveling of the playing field. China will have to be dealt with one way or another. The zionists have infiltrated and saturated our govt and business to the point where the only thing that resolve it is a purge. I think there are scenarios where Israel can still be defendable and at peace with it's neighbors, without the heavy handedness. People everywhere want the same things, like healthy educated kids, food on the table, a job, shelter...freedom. You give them some of that, through leadership and fairness, and so many problems can be solved.

Of course we'd have to build something other than bombs and the media will have to be purged as well, but I believe we can still salvage the ship.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 04:32 AM
link   
That ll be the US...as answer to both questions... the only nation who has the means and the infrastructure, together with one of the most inhumane propaganda aparatus worldwide, both for inner and outer propaganda

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I think it will start over terrorism and the growing economy problems.Go with China I guess.Hard to say.Could be the biblical prophecy of Gog and Magog that starts it.
edit on 23-1-2014 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   
China with Japan over disputed islands IMO, then the usual suspects get involved!

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
China or the US.

I personally think someone teaching the US a lesson would be a good thing in the long run, maybe it would stop them from invading any country they feel like. But the bad points far outweigh the good.

I think someone should invade North Korea & drop a ton of marijuana all over the place, then leave. Tbf, I think someone should invade every country in the world & do that. The world would be a much happier place, & maybe our species would actually move forward instead of moving backwards.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by freedom7

Not to drift too far off, but no-one threatened to wipe Israel off the map.

m.washingtonpost.com...
This Washington Post source is decent, they even apologise(in a way) for leading people to believe this ever happened.

www.antiwar.com...
This AntiWar link is extremely good, with a translation of the Farsi used, also explaining it never had a mention of the words "Israel", "Wiped off" or "Map".

However I do agree Iran could be the sleeping giant you describe, that is patiently waiting though!
That's a very interesting POV.
Maybe just the slightest provocation or indication of war and they will let off like a cornered dog.

Peace.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Overall it's not really Countries who we should be weary of... but the representatives looking to become powerful influences over the actual government officials in charge, such as Adelson (www.abovetopsecret.com...) etc.

If leaders pay no attention to jerkjobs like them I see no reason why Nuclear war would ever occur.
WW3 is definitely a possibility though(and maybe even nukes will end it, but probably won't be prevalent in battle), with China, US, UK, Russia, North Korea, Iran & Japan all likely to be involved.
Where civilisation will stand after that is probably the unanswerable question!

Peace.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Somewhat late to the party but I'll chip in nevertheless.

Studying the past can give us clues to possible events in the future.

Who'd have thought that the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand of Austria and the subsequent declaration of war by Austria-Hungary on Serbia would have brought about the horror that was WWI which involved every major military nation on the earth at the time and many smaller one's too?

And who'd have thought that Germany's invasion of Poland would have resulted in the global war that was WWII?

The point I'm making is that one small act or confrontation can sometimes escalate out of control resulting in war on a scale that no-one could have predicted. Events sometimes take on a force and momentum all of their own and small and relatively insignificant situations become the touchpaper that ignites the powder keg.

As such its almost impossible to identify one potential flashpoint but if I was to hazard a guess I'd suggest;
1. A former Russian nations, look at what's happening at present in Ukraine.
2. India - Pakistan.

Added to that there are the obvious issues relating to Japan/ Korea/ China, Saudi Arabia and possibly in or near the emerging nations in Africa.

Of course there are many other potential flashpoints.

Lets hope we've actually learnt something from our past and it won't happen, at least not in my lifetime.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join