It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seeing certain numbers. Synchronicity? Or boring brain science?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
In my case, 37.

Ever since the age of 15 or so I've been seeing and hearing this number usually daily and usually multiple times within those days. That's how it seems anyway, I don't keep a journal or anything but one thing is for sure.......that number has tripped me out a $@!&load of times within over a decade.

Usually it's completely random, but sometimes 37 appears during a profound moment in my life.

Now I've done some research and read some really interesting theories. I've also read several others similiar claims.

I'm curious what the members of ATS think regarding this subject. Is this strange occurrence that myself and apparently others are experiencing merely the result of our brains becoming more prone to recognize certain things?

Or is it possibly something more mysterious?

P.s. sorry if this has already been thoroughly discussed, if so feel free to flame me and destroy this thread.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I have noticed the same thing since childhood. I have no idea why our brains associate numbers, just that they do.
It's not unusual for a total at the check-out counter to match my street address, or the last four numbers on my phone, for example.
It really seems odd when numbers coincide with a pin number, or I shop at three different store, stop for gas, and all of the totals are the some in on day!
If you figure out the answer, please let us know!

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by GoShredAK

Im a biblical numerologist myself. There does seem to be a supernatural pattern of numerical structures around every corner. I first noticed 19 x 105. Since then, I have seen 105 in the most unexpected places. Its dumbfounding.

Here is a theory I am actively working on. Im still not finished:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

To be honest, I think the way certain numbers stand out of the chaos is proof of an all-knowing and all-powerfull God.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by nugget1

Yes I agree!......a random example, (yet special to me) a few days ago I bought all my supplies for the workday, a bunch of healthy stuff; kombucha, coconut water, all non GMO vegan stuff, I believe it helps spirituality by making me lighter mentally....anyway...this is gonna sound so stupid....

it really was a thought process and I had change I specifically saved a few days before which I used to complete the transaction....

anyway, long dumb story short, my change back was exactly and completely unexpectedly, $37.00, and that's how I started my 9-5, and personally for me it was neat and gave me a solid foundation of positivity to work with ......

Now a profound example.........,about ten years back I was at taco bell, (will never eat it again, but holy cow was it the bomb back then) I was on my way to the skatepark to enjoy one of my passions, and obsessions, skateboarding.

I had ordered waaay more then I needed (actually I didn't need it at all, that stuff was probably working against me) anyway,....waaaay more then I needed.....there was a homeless looking guy a couple tables back eating a couple dollar menu tacos.

I'm kind of stingy and greedy and I'm working on it.

I could have eaten that last double decker supreme even though I was full.

I had a wave of minor compassion and wanted to give it to him. I did and he accepted graciously,.....

and then, as I was leaving the guy stops me and says something like this........

."man I tried to ask these guys for some extra sour cream and you know what they said!?"

"what's that"?, I replied in an awkwardly nervous manner.

"37 cents!" he said.......I was already intrigued by the number so it blew my mind.

edit on 9-1-2014 by GoShredAK because: Grammer

edit on 9-1-2014 by GoShredAK because: Extra words

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   

BELIEVERpriest

To be honest, I think the way certain numbers stand out of the chaos is proof of an all-knowing and all-powerfull God.

I agree, thats why a get kind of euphoric when everything falls into place just right.

Thank you very much for taking the time to post here.

I checked out your link and there's some good stuff. I'll have to read it more in depth tomorrow morning.

What/if any is your opinion of the significance of the number 37?
edit on 9-1-2014 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-1-2014 by GoShredAK because: Forgot

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Divide a hexagon into its six sectors and then turn each sector into the Pythagorean tetractys. The result is a group of 37 dots:
smphillips.8m.com...
Given that the hexagon is a ubiquitous shape in Nature (e.g., graphite, benzene molecule, ice crystals), the number 37 refers to what can be regarded as Nature's favourite polygon. As the fourth type of regular polygon, the hexagon embodies the group-theoretical dimension of the exceptional Lie group E8 at the heart of one of the two heterotic superstring theories:
smphillips.8m.com...
Other properties are analysed at the above link.
Certain numbers express the properties of sacred geometries, which have been shown mathematically here to be isomorphic to one another and to be characterised by the same set of parameters. It is these numbers that sometimes float up to the surface of waking consciousness from the depths of the collective unconscious, which contains all the archetypes of the Divine Mind.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 05:37 AM
link   

To me its just the number between 36 and 38, and to wiki is not much important than that

37 (number)

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Indigent
reply to post by GoShredAK[/

To me its just the number between 36 and 38, and to wiki is not much important than that

37 (number)

Lol, nice. Thanks for the link. I can't deny the solid evidence you have provided. 37 is most certaintly a number,and it does sit snuggly between 36 and 38.

However all that info cant explain why I see it all the time.

edit on 10-1-2014 by GoShredAK because: Ipad

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

micpsi
Divide a hexagon into its six sectors and then turn each sector into the Pythagorean tetractys. The result is a group of 37 dots:
smphillips.8m.com...
Given that the hexagon is a ubiquitous shape in Nature (e.g., graphite, benzene molecule, ice crystals), the number 37 refers to what can be regarded as Nature's favourite polygon. As the fourth type of regular polygon, the hexagon embodies the group-theoretical dimension of the exceptional Lie group E8 at the heart of one of the two heterotic superstring theories:
smphillips.8m.com...
Other properties are analysed at the above link.
Certain numbers express the properties of sacred geometries, which have been shown mathematically here to be isomorphic to one another and to be characterised by the same set of parameters. It is these numbers that sometimes float up to the surface of waking consciousness from the depths of the collective unconscious, which contains all the archetypes of the Divine Mind.

Wow! Cool website! Thank you, I've been wanting to learn about sacred geometry, its really beautiful.

This first quote has me hooked

"The Universe is a thought of the Deity. Since this ideal thought-form has overflowed into actuality, and the world born thereof has realized the plan of its creator, it is the calling of all thinking beings to rediscover in this existent whole the original design.". -Friedrich Schiller-

So, if I'm snowboarding on a mountain, It can be said that I'm immersing myself in natures beautiful sacred geometry and billions of little 37s? That's cool

edit on 10-1-2014 by GoShredAK because: Thinking

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

GoShredAK

BELIEVERpriest

I agree, thats why a get kind of euphoric when everything falls into place just right.

Thank you very much for taking the time to post here.

I checked out your link and there's some good stuff. I'll have to read it more in depth tomorrow morning.

edit on 9-1-2014 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-1-2014 by GoShredAK because: Forgot

Other than the fact that 37 is a prime number, I know of no particular significance, at least not in my research.

But, it doesnt mean that the number is not relevant to you. For example, when will you turn 37? If you have already passed 37, what was that year like?

There must be a reason for its constant recurrence.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

edit on 10-1-2014 by GoShredAK because: Nevermind I totally screwed that up and now I have to go to work. Try again later

Please delete
edit on 10-1-2014 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by BELIEVERpriest

Ten years to go, we shall see. I just hope I make it that far. That would be sweet.

Micpsi above posted some Interesting material about Numbers and sacred geometry.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

GoShredAK

Ten years to go, we shall see. I just hope I make it that far. That would be sweet.

Micpsi above posted some Interesting material about Numbers and sacred geometry.

My theory states that Jesus will return to establish His Millenial Kingdom on or within 2 or 3 days of 9/16/2023. From 2014 to 2023 is nine years, but 2014 just started.

How old will you be on 9/16/2023?

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   

32 days away from turning 37

Second

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   

A possible explanation is that you're experiencing the observational selection bias -- which is the effect of suddenly noticing things you didn't notice before, and wrongly assuming that the frequency has increased (ever bought a new car only to see it everywhere?). This can lead people to think that the appearance of certain things or events can't be a coincidence (even though it is), and therefore must have meaning.

Although, with than it mind, it does beg the question as to what happened when you were 15 years old? What event caused you to select and recognise the number 37?
edit on 15-1-2014 by citizensix because: 37

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by citizensix

I have noticed this "observational selection bias". When ever a certain idea occurs for myself or within my group of friends, it seems like the same idea starts popping up all over the place...

hmmm, this is the boring brain science i was referring too...

I like Synchronicity better...

As to what happened at age 15 to spark this observational oddity of mine. I'm afraid it'll always be a mystery, I haven't a clue.

some of my friends started seeing it too after being around me, so boring as it may be, observational selection bias makes good sense.......but, what if this is just Gods system?

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Accidental italics..Sorry, I dont know why and cant figure how to fix it

Anyway I have a 37 synchronistcic update. Something slightly profound that I experienced on this day.

I'm going to condense this story extremely......

Thirteen years ago I adopted a saint Bernard/wolf mix a day before he was scheduled to be euthanized (well my mom surprised me with him, I was 14 years of age) he was a year old at the time, already named Pete.

Amazing! Incredible! Loyal! Absolutely your best friend!

He would dive in front of a Moose for me (he has before) just, basically the most Loyal and wonderful dog you could ever imagine, plus he was an exceptional athlete, a great fighter.....

Well, he passed away today

It was a trial, and we tried to nurse him back to health here at home, (couldn't put him down, and he showed us that's not how he wanted it either)......

Today is my day off so I was just relaxing at home while the old lady ran some errands. Our plan was for her to bring home a McDonalds burger for Pete In hopes of hiding his medicine inside and getting him to eat.

To no avail, I made my way outside to his shelter I had built, singin a happy cheesburger song, only to find my old buddy no longer breathing.

So I had to take him 20 or so miles out north to my parents house to bury him with Max his old brother who had passed about a year prior.

It's winter still so that's impossible, except max is in the bottom of a pre existing hole that was originally supposed to be an outhouse. So I dug out as much snow as I could and placed Pete inside wrapped in a blanket, and covered him with a toboggan sled. (We will probably have to move him some more probably, after everything thaws. Not looking forward to it)

Anyway, thanks ATS for letting me get that of my chest. Here is the point..

Immediately after this I had to stop at the gas station nearby for some fuel, there was this guy at the pump next to me tripping me out. He looked to be about my age only a bit more unkempt. Judging by what I observed he must have had a stroke.

He was muttering to himself, the only thing i could make out was his last words before leaving which were "(loooooong heavy sigh) 3.7 gallons".

And that was it.

I felt that profound synchronistcic vibe after I realized what I had heard......

Just take it for what you will. Coincidence? Maybe, but that would make me one coincidental dude!

No matter, this stuff is normal to me

Just had some material to share.
edit on 19-3-2014 by GoShredAK because: Oops

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
My husband says it's yellow and green with connotations of a dew-filled grass on a spring day ... but he's synesthetic.
edit on 19-3-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   

ketsuko
My husband says it's yellow and green with connotations of a dew-filled grass on a spring day ... but he's synesthetic.
edit on 19-3-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply to me and provide that link.

Kind of mind blowing and I can't quite grasp the info in it's entirety......

Although synesthesia was the topic of intensive scientific investigation in the late 19th and early 20th centuries, it was largely abandoned by scientific research in the mid-20th century

I wonder why?

TPTB don't want us aware of our true nature Maybe?

edit on 20-3-2014 by GoShredAK because: Oops

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I don't know. He says it's helpful in the sense that it lets him memorize strings of numbers easier. It's sort of like a built-in mnemonic for him although it did him a disservice in college. He wanted to be an electrical engineer, but they have a circuitry system that attaches certain colors to numbers for things, and it clashed with his already inborn system. It made it too hard to memorize the system, so he wound up in biosciences instead where he has prospered.

He also said that early on it was mainly just sort of impressions of color with the number in his mind, but as he's gotten older, the colors have been starting to blur with memory impressions which is where the connotation comes from, so now he's getting emotional impressions sometimes.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join