It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why isn't the mind worshiped?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
People have worshiped many things but what about the mind? Why worship the sun when it is the mind that gives birth to the sun to consciousness? Without the mind, consciousness would have nothing to see and without it the world wouldn't exist. Nothing would exist because it is the processor of all information. No scientist can explain absolutely how the mind projects to conscious but knows that it does. It seems elusive as most gods are in theology but the mind proves its power by giving us the experience of life.

If anything is going to be worshiped, it should be the mind for it even makes it possible to be aware. A close second would be consciousness but without a mind, consciousness would be useless.

edit on 9-1-2014 by Ralphy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Ralphy

You may be onto something here. I is the mind of self awareness and its own creator.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
In my opinion the mind and consciousness are exactly what all religions point toward. Everything manifests from consciousness, and as you said nothing exists without a conscious observer to experience it. No mind = no universe because they are one in the same much like space and time are the same thing.

Spacetime = universemind, you cannot have one without the other.

When someone like Jeus spoke of himself, he was by extension speaking of everyone else as well.

John 14
19 "After a little while the world will no longer see Me, but you will see Me; because I live, you will live also.20 On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.

When Jesus says "you will see me" he means the image of God. We all have the image but most are blind to it which is why he says "the world will no longer see me", because we live in a dark world where the majority are blinded to their true nature, they do not recognize the light that they have always possessed.

I am within you and you are within me because when we both look at each other our bodies are created "within" the mind and projected as the image we see.

Matthew 6
22The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

The single eye Jesus speaks of is what some call the "third eye", it is the image of light that our minds create that gives us vision.

Colossians 1
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

What you are seeing right now is the image of God, no matter where you look you see the image of the invisible God. The image is where all things are created and held together and all things are created through and for it. Yes, Jesus represents all of us, not just one man who lived 2,000 years ago, that is what the church is hiding from us.

Psalms 139
8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. 9 If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, 10 even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast.

Who and what will always be there no matter where you go? You and your image. We are all God experiencing itself through the image that we see. We all share the same image because we all live within the same universe. If a billion people all look up at the moon, they are sharing the image of God, the only begotten Son, the One image called the physical universe.

We are all connected, we are all One, and where that connection lies is the mind and the image it projects to us.

S&F
edit on 34012121CST343 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Ralphy

Much older religions like Hinduism and Jainism are big on the mind and consciousness. That's how meditation came along. They also consider it a 6th sense.
edit on 9-1-2014 by ladybug121 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Ralphy

Without the mind, consciousness would have nothing to see and without it the world wouldn't exist. Nothing would exist because it is the processor of all information. No scientist can explain absolutely how the mind projects to conscious but knows that it does.

No Scientist can explain how the mind projects itself into consciousness because... it doesn't.

I'm afraid you may have it backwards, my friend. Without consciousness the mind cannot exist, not the other way around. Nothing would exist without consciousness because it is the source of all information.

We falsely believe that the ego-mind is our true self--that it defines who we are. The ego-mind is a delusion that obscures our clear understanding of what the Self really is.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by NthOther

I agree that consciousness plays an important role in life but consciousness by itself isn't enough. Consciousness needs something to see/experience for it to fulfill its definition. If consciousness has nothing to be aware of then how do we know it is aware if there is nothing to tell that it is? Maybe consciousness and the mind are 2 sides of the same coin because they both rely on each other to exist.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Ask yourselves why the skull is so prominent in esoteric/occult symbolism. The mind is worshipped and this is represented by a skull.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I think your observation is well placed, although I hate to see anything else "worshipped."

Socrates was quoted as saying "But I have no leisure for them [mythologies, religious debates] at all; and the reason, my friend, is this: I am not yet able, as the Delphic inscription has it, to know myself; so it seems to me ridiculous, when I do not yet know that, to investigate irrelevant things."

Buddha is said to have said "“Any teaching should not be accepted as true for the following ten reasons: hearsay, tradition, rumor, accepted scriptures, surmise, axiom, logical reasoning, a feeling of affinity for the matter being pondered, the ability or attractiveness of the person offering the teaching, the fact that the teaching is offered by “my” teacher. Rather, the teaching should be accepted as true when one knows by direct experience that such is the case.”

Those two get me a long way; your mileage may vary.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by NthOther

No Scientist can explain how the mind projects itself into consciousness because... it doesn't.

They're working on it. If you take the time to look at all the modern research and quantum theory indicating that the brain works as both a receiver AND a transmitter, you'd perhaps be less likely to insist on materialist approaches to the question of consciousness. The mind is not contained ANYWHERE in the brain.

Experiments have been done trying to isolate the 'place in the brain' where it resides - by examining what happens if different areas are disabled, or stimulated.....and they can't find it IN THE BRAIN.

That indicates that consciousness and the mind are sourced from OUTSIDE the body and brain, even though we feel very much like "I am the one looking out of my own eyes, and no one else is here!"....are we truly "in our heads"?
Science says "no." "We" lie outside our physical selves. "We" don't die. Our bodies do.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I have felt for quite a while that one of the biggest issues is that everyone worships the mind, at least their mind.

Religious folks worship whatever deity is in their mind, without hearing about how they may not be seeing the full picture. Non-religious types can even go so far as to say that if they cant feel it or see it, it doesnt exist!

We all think we are "right" individually, which is almost a pure form of the worship of ones mind. Our own concept of something like God or spirituality tends to over ride everything else, frequently including reality and others perceptions.

new topics

top topics

join