It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The LAST Cold

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   
What if this is the big one? The end of North American society as we know it.

Life faced the ice-age before, died down quite a bit, and then rebuilt.

What if we're in the new Ice-Age? What if this is the end?

THE END IS NIGH, I SAY!

I'm lucky I live in the south. All you northerners are gonna have to live through this...

Oh, Gall'dran-it... Them corn prices are gonna rise... And then everything prices are gonna rise.

Ain't the economy a real drag?

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Fred Sanford had "The Big One".... the rest of us are just going to freeze our arses off for a day or two.

I am one however, that does not rule out the theory of a mini ice age on the horizon. I just don't think it will be today.

If it is, then I am SOL as usual.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   
The south isn't safe, least not that safe, certain parts are due snow and cooler than normal temps. Have some FL family crying that it's getting cold down there. As an ex Floridian, 42 degrees middle FL or even 55 in Miami is cold when you're used to 80. It's below 50 the end is near! It's 31 degrees where I am in the Pacific NW. Never thought I'd be happy about that number, happy to be missing this polar nightmare, had enough last month.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Nevermind"....
edit on 7-1-2014 by rainbowbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   
If a few years ice age hit all the world will be in a pretty bad shape as most of the grain is produced in the mid west and loosing some crops seasons will probably mean famine for half the world, if something like this happens I can imagine wars in Asia, middle east and the disbanding of EU

Countries like US and Germany would compete to control territory in the equatorial parts, Cuba and Mexico first oh and Canada will dissapear peacefully
edit on 7-1-2014 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigent

I wonder just how long society would last if gas reached ten dollars a gallon.

That's a laugh. Not too far off, either. What about the eight dollar gallon of milk, or the five dollar loaf of wonder bread?

2017-18ish.

Things will get bad, and then they'll get worse.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Grifter42

I think it will last, countries like brazil will be mostly unharmed and the hatred of the people will go towards them, at some point the government will have to invade those countries even just to keep the population calm, after all, all those weapons are for something.

Perhaps China/Germany/Russia/US-UK won't interfere each other while there is still African/south American uncolonized.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Seriously????

Its cold in America so the world must be about to enter an Ice age????

Are you people agreeing with this aware there is a whole planet outside of the borders of the Good ol US of A?
Australia and a few other places have just had its hottest year on record, but I guess that cant be important or relevant as it didnt happen in Merika.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Who said this? op says what if a short ice age occurs, not that is happening now

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Indigent

Who said this? op says what if a short ice age occurs, not that is happening now

OK if you wanna argue semantics

3 speculative statements and 3 definitive statements

The 3 speculative statements were at the beggining and the 3 definitive were at the end.
Stop being obtuse, you know te OP was sincere in saying an ice age was a serious possibility, and its not the 1st thread to come from an American to say so

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 04:30 AM
link   

That would be a very funny ice age. I just took a look at the thermometer and it says 15.4° C
(59.7° F). We haven't seen much of a winter this year in Germany yet. But then again it sometimes started as late as Febuary during the last years.
It seems more that nature is totally out of rhythm.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Its not the first post to come from an american saying that there is a mini ice age happening right now? I didn't see another one

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   

IkNOwSTuff

Indigent

The 3 speculative statements were at the beggining and the 3 definitive were at the end.
Stop being obtuse, you know te OP was sincere in saying an ice age was a serious possibility, and its not the 1st thread to come from an American to say so

you should stop right there as i know what i see and i don't know what he got in his mind, i'm not psychic.
Don't call me slow for understanding the things my way

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Indigent

IkNOwSTuff

Indigent

you should stop right there as i know what i see and i don't know what he got in his mind, i'm not psychic.
Don't call me slow for understanding the things my way

You chose to respond to me not the other way around, I didnt call you slow or even imply it I said you were being deliberately obtuse.
You dont need to be psychic to read what was written and interpret it correctly.

Just in case it was not clear enough, the OP has suggested that right now due to the fact America is experiencing unusually cold weather that the world is on the brink of an Ice age.
I was stating to suggest so was being willfully ignorant and even ethnocentric

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Not with a bang but with a whimper, eh?

Well if it removes the current political establishment from the helm of your once mighty nation its got to be considered a great thing for the rest of the World. One may even consider such an event to be an act of God, but we are not that lucky!

edit on 7-1-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   

It is 17° in southern Virginia right now. That is near record for this area. South ain't gonna save ya honey... Yesterday it was 60°…

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

IkNOwSTuff
Seriously????

Its cold in America so the world must be about to enter an Ice age????

Are you people agreeing with this aware there is a whole planet outside of the borders of the Good ol US of A?
Australia and a few other places have just had its hottest year on record, but I guess that cant be important or relevant as it didnt happen in Merika.

There is also the Global Warming expedition drama that just wrapped up. They got stuck in the Antarctic ice ... in summer. Then, one of there rescue boats also got stuck in the ice ... in summer.

But I am well aware that you Aussies have been very hot recently. I am also well aware that South America also had an unusually brutal winter.

So I'd say that I am well aware that there is a world outside of the US.

Stop thinking that if someone speculates about something like this while you are facing 100 degree highs, that we are being too US-centric. We're just speculating, and I was on some blogs that speculating about this while we were baking in 110 degree summer heat two summers ago here in America although I don't remember what you folks down under were doing then.

Just chill. Not every thread is a conspiracy to ignore Australia.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
People are worried because it's cold in January in America? good lord. It will warm up, I promise. We don't have long now. Then, it will get cold again. It's called: Seasons. It was -12 here in the Appalachian mountains last night. Mighty cold!! But it's happened before. It will happen again. Nothing out-of-the-ordinary. Now if the temp's dropped to 12 below in July, I will jump right on board of the 'doom train', no questions asked. choo choo

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

But the last 3 statements didn't say "the big ice age IS coming" The only comments that mentioned it had a what if in front of it. In fact the whole post is speculative,IMO. So I don't see where you get "OP is saying that the next big ice age is coming to the US" But maybe my brain isn't as fantastical as yours

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Grifter42
reply to post by Indigent

I wonder just how long society would last if gas reached ten dollars a gallon.

That's a laugh. Not too far off, either. What about the eight dollar gallon of milk, or the five dollar loaf of wonder bread?

2017-18ish.

Things will get bad, and then they'll get worse.

I think people would just switch their diets to more locally available alternatives, or just start growing their own food in the garden, allotment or possibly the home using simple home hydroponics (I really want to try this).

If fuel gets too expensive then people will just drive less, more will sell vehicles. Certain products would disappear from shelves due to shipping costs but we would locally source anything absolutely necessary and go without the rest.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join