It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The LAST Cold

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Vasteel

Grifter42
reply to post by Indigent

I wonder just how long society would last if gas reached ten dollars a gallon.

That's a laugh. Not too far off, either. What about the eight dollar gallon of milk, or the five dollar loaf of wonder bread?

2017-18ish.

Things will get bad, and then they'll get worse.

I think people would just switch their diets to more locally available alternatives, or just start growing their own food in the garden, allotment or possibly the home using simple home hydroponics (I really want to try this).

If fuel gets too expensive then people will just drive less, more will sell vehicles. Certain products would disappear from shelves due to shipping costs but we would locally source anything absolutely necessary and go without the rest.

Maybe some, but not all. There's gonna be a lot of people with stone-slab back yards starving to death. People who don't have the space to raise chickens, let alone crops.

The end of easy civilization is coming, only this time, the bands of nomads will have shotguns and American flags. Hell, I look forward to it. I might die, but maybe one of those corrupt plutocrats will get their head put on a pike.

God Bless the real America. Not the politician's version. The land, the one that's cold as hell right now. That's what needs blessing.

I don't think society is flexible enough to survive such a dramatic shift in pricing without revolt and or purges. I see purges on the horizon, or some sort of mass slaughter. Dear god, help us all.

<< 1   >>

join