It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was abducted by the potato people!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I would like the see the hot muffin-people, just before dinner

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Here's some help if you are abducted by the Potato People. Use any of these interstates.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Ouch, someone is hurt
Relax mate.

You just made this up. Not one skeptic in this thread said they would not believe until an authority figure said so. The closest you got was Byrd, who simply said he would use the information of qualified scientists to make up his/her own mind. He/she doesn't have designs to be able to analyze all information. He didn't sit back and say "Until the next Einstein says it's true, I ain't bleevin' in it." He asked for, you know, information. To make and informed decision.

Which translated, and filtered through the BS member, means "I need it to be proven" or "disclosed by an authority"

Isn't that what you mean when you ask for "proof"?

Or,as 99% of people who believe in alien contact do, they were told it by a non-authority figure. Knife cuts both ways, princess.

Actually it doesn't. I am not going to speak for others, but for myself, it was just some awakened common sense and investigative analysis, girl

But by any measure of evidence, the existence of the Greys on the whole is not proven by any evidence. There is evidence for and against it, and in any court of law a reasonable doubt to their existence could be achieved.

There is evidence against the existence of Greys? Really?

What you gave us was a scenario that was totally ludicrious, where you just declared that the Grey's existed. Well, before they landed on the Whitehouse law, there was much disagreement even within the UFO community as to what they were. You made it a no-win situation.

There was nothing to win or lose. All you have to say, that given that the existence of aliens has been established, how would your belief and approach change for a similar unestablished phenomena. As predicted; it hasn't.

You are aware that most of those things were generally believed true, with the religious nuts claiming the Earth was flat or only Europe existed...

Are we displacing blame? I think it quite hypocritical for you to condemn these "religious nuts" as their logic for their conclusions about the nature of the universe with their methodology, is the same as yours: "There is no proof for the contrary" or "the bible does not say it" or "the scientific journal's don't say it"

I also would like you to note, I said "no aliens exist that are capable of visiting us" just some years ago, that would have been "no aliens exist" had authorities not introduced the probability argument favouring their existence.

See, this is your problem. You assume that anyone who disagrees with you has a personality problem or mental setback. You can't accept that you may be wrong, which is more of a problem than not believing in potato people. "I can't be wrong, so anyone who disagrees with me must be crazy..."

Wait a moment, you obviously misread. This was not talking about "me" being wrong, it was talking about your kind of skeptics, using the same methods and intellects, and getting everything wrong since time immemorial Can you deny that?

You aren't Denying Ignorance, you're marinating in it

And this is an ignorant comment.

Huh? Believers have been wrong to, unless you think there's a pantheon of a million gods chilling in the heavens.

And so is this. I was not aware it was actually proven there are ]not a pantheon of a million gods chilling in the heavens? I also am not aware that it has been proven who the "gods" denoted.

It is generally believed now by some, that the "gods" were none other than extraterrestrials, and if there indeed exist(which they do) then the "believers" got that one right. Try again.

Indigo_Child, you are a prime example of why nobody takes conspiracy theorists seriously. You are so adamant about it, and you make such bull# scenarios, that they just sit back and laugh. Accept that you might be freakin' wrong, and the people you argue with might be able to admit they may. Right now, it's two brick walls ramming into eachother.

You are a prime example of why I am not taking your kind seriously. Are we fighting?

[edit on 21-11-2004 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
Ouch, someone is hurt
Relax mate.

Hurt? Nah, just a mental exercise.

Which translated, and filtered through the BS member, means "I need it to be proven" or "disclosed by an authority"

Isn't that what you mean when you ask for "proof"?

Er, no. Obviously, I can't analyze a piece of wreckage myself to see it's chemical composition, and I am not qualified to determine if a hypnotic regression is valid or not. So if it's a choice between pulling something out of my ass or trusting a professional who has no stake in the results either way, then yes, you could say that I need an 'authority' to assist me. I don't believe or disbelieve because some doctor says so, but I need their expertise to help me make up my own mind. Because, you know, I like to be informed.

Actually it doesn't. I am not going to speak for others, but for myself, it was just some awakened common sense and investigative analysis, girl

Common sense ain't all that common...

There is evidence against the existence of Greys? Really?

Sorry, I worded that incorrectly. Cut me some slack, I was still hung over from last night

What I meant was, that much of the evidence for Greys can be countered. Such as, an abductee having a regressed dream about being abducted. That is evidence for. Now, proving that hypnotic regression can create false memories and can be influenced by suggestion, that is evidence against, of a sort. Basically, it cancels out.

There was nothing to win or lose. All you have to say, that given that the existence of aliens has been established, how would your belief and approach change for a similar unestablished phenomena. As predicted; it hasn't.

Who said, I didn't believe in aliens or UFO's? I'm just not a insane about it like many here, and I'm quite open the the possibility that I may be wrong. Something you should look into. I would absolutely love aliens to be real. But just because I want it so doesn't mean I'll just go ahead and believe it..

Are we displacing blame? I think it quite hypocritical for you to condemn these "religious nuts" as their logic for their conclusions about the nature of the universe with their methodology, is the same as yours: "There is no proof for the contrary" or "the bible does not say it" or "the scientific journal's don't say it"

All I did was state that it wasn't the scientists who were skeptical, it was the people asking for blind faith. I don't read scientific journals, so I doubt that I would be swayed either way by them.

I also would like you to note, I said "no aliens exist that are capable of visiting us" just some years ago, that would have been "no aliens exist" had authorities not introduced the probability argument favouring their existence.

I have no clue what you just said

Wait a moment, you obviously misread. This was not talking about "me" being wrong, it was talking about your kind of skeptics, using the same methods and intellects, and getting everything wrong since time immemorial Can you deny that?

Well, in order to assume the skeptics are wrong, then it is a logical conclusion that you believe you're right.

And this is an ignorant comment.

To each his own, I guess. Just make sure to take yourself out of the oven after an hour

And so is this. I was not aware it was actually proven there are ]not a pantheon of a million gods chilling in the heavens? I also am not aware that it has been proven who the "gods" denoted.

YOU CANNOT PROVE A NEGATIVE. Jeez Louise, I would have hoped by now they taught this is schools. Sure, I can't disprove anything. But so far, nobody else has proven it in the first place.

It is generally believed now by some, that the "gods" were none other than extraterrestrials, and if there indeed exist(which they do) then the "believers" got that one right. Try again.

Generally believed by who, the Zetatalk peeps? Don't go making stuff up. There are a few people who think it is a possibiltiy (including yours truly). Don't say something is generally believed just because you beleive it.

You are a prime example of why I am not taking your kind seriously.

OK, at least we're on equal footing

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I'm glad your joking my people are not allowed to abduct your people. This is because we have a general rule that does not allow us to communicate with inferior beings

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I almost cracked my ribs with the flying potatoes...

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I think the point has been missed. I beleive Indigo child is hinting at an anology between her/his hypothetical potatoe folk and the Roswell incident/"beings". Question is, why disbeleif of the Roswell incident, given alledgly the same circumstances?

Indigo, am I off the track?

BTW very funny potatoe person pic with "mwuaaaahh" LOL

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Now I ask those UFO skeptics to tell me, would you believe or disbelieve that the potato people exist?

Given the above...yes, I'd say they exist.

Expert testimony, hundreds of witnesses, radar returns, government acknowledgement of a recovered crash, etc.

Then again, I also believe aliens exist, yet I'm sure I'd be labelled as a "skeptic", as well I am.

I simply have a very exclusive BS filtering list when it comes to believing or not believing individual cases on their own merits.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Potato People secret rulers of the Reptiles" on sail for $29.95 at your nearest Wal-Mart

You wrote that book? wow. I must say it was money well spent

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I think the key here is balance. A balance between complete belief and complete skepticism. At one end of the spectrum, a 'complete believer' would believe in the Potato People just from the mere mention, whereas a 'complete skeptic' would believe absolutely nothing, proven or not. The balance between the two is obviously to believe that almost anything is *possible* but to require a certain amount of evidence (but not necessarily proof). I say this because some things, by nature, *cannot* be proven one way or the other, yet also cannot be totally discounted. The result, then, is not neat and clean and 'black and white', but varying shades of grey denoting how 'likely' a thing is likely to be. And of course everyone has differing opinions as to how likely things are, so everyone has their own individual 'greyscale map of possibility'. Some are darker, some are lighter, but I suspect that not one of them is entirely accurate, or even remotely resembles the full colour map of reality that an omniscient being would have.

Regarding the scenario given by Indigo_Child, it would make sense that the *likelyhood* of the Potatoheads being true is fairly high, given the undenyable existance (in this case) of the Greys, and the convincing evidence presented. How grey the Potatohead spot on the 'map' is is up to each person to decide, but unless they were *proven* to exist (like the Greys (in this scenario)), that spot could never be anything but grey.

I hope this makes sense.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   
i was. it wasnt nice, they gave a new meaning to mashed potatoes. I was fried. and then boiled. After this i put on a jacket and was stuffed with bacon bits and cheese and little sour cream. i was then ......

<< 1   >>

join