It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was abducted by the potato people!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   
No, I wasn't, but what if I was? I present you the following hypothetical scenorio:

The government have disclosed the existence of an alien race, the Greys. The greys claim they have charted the entire universe, and they have not found any other intelligent life forms, that our existence is a mathematical miracle, and is extremely rare in the universe, of two intelligent races existing at the same time.

We, the society adapt to it, and the UFO skeptics finally concede, of course they have no choice. Meanwhile, a new phenomena has begun. A new type of spaceship is being seen in the sky, it's shaped like a giant potato, and it's emits green light. Hundreds of thousands of reports of this green light emitting potato are flooding in, soon we have photographs of these objects, and credible scientists and witnesses coming through claiming they saw it. Soon, these objects are recorded by radar stations and satellites, performing even faster speeds than grey ships. One day, one of these are reported to have crashed, and witnesses describe very bizarre creatures coming out of it, they are shaped like potatoes, and have slinkly like arms and legs, with two eyes like buttons.

The government quickly goes to air with the story, "The Potato People recovered" but hours later, it is retracted, and it is claimed they were nothing but dummies. Yet, more than 500 witnesses, including military, saw the potato people!

Soon, reports of abductions are coming through, of people being abducted by potato people and taken to their home planet, and brought back(edit: to clarify) potato land. Lie detectors and hypnotic regression, shows they are telling the truth. A huge phenomena happens where all over the world there are reports of potato people, but both the humans and the greys deny it.

Now I ask those UFO skeptics to tell me, would you believe or disbelieve that the potato people exist?

[edit on 20-11-2004 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
lol whats ure point?

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   
They do not exist. I know for a fact only "mushroom" people exist

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
They do not exist. I know for a fact only "mushroom" people exist

Those are just little Chinese people wearing mexican hats!

Now seriously, I ask the UFO skeptics, given the above hypothetical, would you believe or disbelieve the potato people exist?

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Ok. I'd say the greys were wrong and a thorough investigation of potato people should begin at once.

If something is suspected it should be investigated, no matter how charted the universe is by the greys.
If there are humans and greys, the chances are good that the potato beings are there too.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Well, I think we can recognzie the Roswell Scenairo when we see it.

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
The government have disclosed the existence of an alien race, the Greys. The greys claim they have charted the entire universe, and they have not found any other intelligent life forms, that our existence is a mathematical miracle, and is extremely rare in the universe, of two intelligent races existing at the same time.

Every single scientist from all over the world would be all over them for those theories, models, and so forth and would be testing those statements from the first minute they appeared. And I can guarantee you that some scientists wouldn't believe that.

Hundreds of thousands of reports of this green light emitting potato are flooding in, soon we have photographs of these objects, and credible scientists and witnesses coming through claiming they saw it.

The EXACT same object? Or lots of different descriptions? The photos are always clear and unambiguous? Or are we talking the typical UFO picture where someone tries to convince us that a bunch of cars in a park at night are really UFOs?

Soon, these objects are recorded by radar stations and satellites, performing even faster speeds than grey ships.

And the Grey's explaination is...? And their proof is...?

One day, one of these are reported to have crashed, and witnesses describe very bizarre creatures coming out of it, they are shaped like potatoes, and have slinkly like arms and legs, with two eyes like buttons.

The government quickly goes to air with the story, "The Potato People recovered" but hours later, it is retracted, and it is claimed they were nothing but dummies. Yet, more than 500 witnesses, including military, saw the potato people!

So you're saying that the crash happened in a public area, was easy to get to, had news crews and people with cell phone cameras all over and more than 500 people saw THE EXACT SAME THING and the photos circulated immediately on Internet with some live updates as the situation happened (ala the current happenings in Iraq)?

Or are you saying that there are these "reports" and a few photos, some of which turn up weeks, months, and years later and are all extremely inconsistant? And that the 500 people weren't all out at the crash site together but were in various places? Are you also saying that some of these people have since died and it's their relatives (who may have a financial stake in a book) who are making these claims on their behalf?

Soon, reports of abductions are coming through, of people being abducted by potato people and taken to their home planet, potato land.

...and left there? Brought back? Nobody filed a missing persons report? Were they all unemployed or self-employed and no one noticed them gone?

Lie detectors and hypnotic regression, shows they are telling the truth.

Scientists quickly step in with the data showing how much of this can be a "created belief" particularly if the researcher strongly believes this is what happened to the people. I'll be glad to cite you a lot of clinical studies on this and on the dangers of regression analysis creating false memories.

A huge phenomena happens where all over the world there are reports of potato people, but both the humans and the greys deny it.

Again... just how consistant ARE these reports? Not a single hoax out there? No airport baggage carousels trying to masquerade as the entrance to alien ships (for those of you going "huh?" there was one of those "proof" photos making the rounds a few years ago. We savaged it.)

Now I ask those UFO skeptics to tell me, would you believe or disbelieve that the potato people exist?

Depends on what you say as the answer to those. If you're basing it on current UFO information, I should point out that there's no consistancy in any of the reports... there's about a zillion different races, different craft, etc, etc and certainly different behaviors of the "aliens" and names that wouldn't work (some come from "Saturnaila" :lol -- a ridiculous claim from someone who forgot to look up the word before sticking it in as a name of something alien.)

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Byrd,

So..... tell me, would you believe or disbelieve. That's all I want.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Potato People?

Of course I believe in them they have been sending me messages in my alphabet soup for years as I explained on the Icke thread. They are indeed the rulers of the shapeshifting Reptiles all this is explained in my book "Potato People secret rulers of the Reptiles" on sail for $29.95 at your nearest Wal-Mart

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
People believe in others that may seem more unbelievable than that of potato people. Look at religion for example. If you press something hard enough and long enough you will get followers. Especially if you threaten them.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Hi Indigo_Child,

Nice try, I can see what you're trying to do, but I fear we already have a lot of 'potato people' within the human race here on Earth who need a thermometer to tell them their coffee is hot.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I'm going to abduct some potato people & bake em tonight and stuff em with butter & sour cream.

Sorry, Indigo but that's all I could think of everytime I saw potato.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
My brain hurts just trying to figure out what your point is, but I think you're trying to compare the current situation (regarding belief in extra-terrestrials) with your hypothetical situation, and trying to get the skeptics to rethink their conclusions.

That is, we currently have a certain amount of evidence that points to the possibility of the existence of "greys" (and other species of aliens), yet people remain skeptical and believe government cover-ups (if they are indeed cover-ups). Now if we had the SAME amount of evidence for the potato people as we do for greys now, yet had already met the greys and proven the existence of extra-terrestrial life, would the skeptics still be as skeptical about the potato people? Did I understand correctly?

If I have it right, then it's a fair point and something for skeptics to think about, but I think Byrd summed it up very well. Human beings are - for the most part - innately skeptical about anything beyond their understanding. That's why we have the saying, "I'll believe it when I see it with my own eyes." It's likely that most people would be much more open to the possibility of the existence of the potatos after having been confronted with the reality of the greys, however skeptics would still want to see hard evidence.

In the scenario you presented the need for evidence would be particularly strong, since after the appearence of the greys, alien-fever would grip the world and every man and his looney dog would be claiming that they've been visited by different aliens. Some would maybe claim to have communicated with Meatloids from the planet Porkchop, and people would be throwing radishes in the air and taking "authentic" pictures of Unidentified Flying Vegetables.

So, yeah, until a UFO lands on the Whitehouse, it's just the nature of the beast.

Edit: bad grammar, my bad.

[edit on 2004/11/20 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I_C's point, as far as I can tell, is to basically give us an impossible scenario so that he/she can laugh at all the "blind skeptics". I mean, humanoid Greys are pushing the limits of probability itself, having creatures that look like children's toys is just crazy. Basically, it's a no-win situation.

This is hardly an intelligent discussion, it's basically an ego boost.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   
My only questions are...

How yould you know what the greys know?... Have they taken you to thier leader?

potatoe peoples
... I dont think it would be safe to fly a big potato through space.. You, and your ship culd become Mashed Taters for any other aleins out there if you hit the wrong thing..

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Well the point is clear, and it underlines the skeptic mindset clearly. Which is: It is not proven till an authority says so. In end, any of the arguments of FTL or rare probability of intelligent life, are only cover-up's for the skeptiics narrow mind and incredulity.

So this basically shows, what many of us have known all along, the skeptics will only believe x is happening, if someone in authority says so.

In the the hypothetical, it was established that the evidence supporting the existence of the potato people was the same as the evidence that supported the existence of the greys. However, our honourable skeptics, used exactly the same arguments, despite the fact that the existence of alien life was established, and despite the fact that the evidence was the same evidence that supported the existence of greys before.

In other words it shows what skeptics have done since time immorial:
They said the Earth was flat; they said we would fall of the earths edge if went far into the sea; they said flying machines were impossible; they said we could not go to the moon; they said we could not go faster than sound; they said no one else(European) existed but them.

All that seems to happen, once they are proven wrong about one of their delusions, they move onto another delusion. Right now, the same skeptics are saying "you cannot go faster than light" "There are no aliens capable of visiting us"

Which is exactly what my theory says, which I tested with the hypothetical. After doubting the greys, they moved onto the potato people. Surely enough, after the potato people, they would have moved onto something else. All they need is something to doubt. Is that a personality flaw, or a mental setback?

I ask therefore all people, especially the "believers" does it really matter what a skeptic thinks?

And for the skeptics, seeing as your kind has been wrong since time immorial, do you think there maybe something... slightly wrong with your methods?

[edit on 21-11-2004 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by TerraX
Hi Indigo_Child,

Nice try, I can see what you're trying to do, but I fear we already have a lot of 'potato people' within the human race here on Earth who need a thermometer to tell them their coffee is hot.

That was a classic!!!
If I apply in a UFO context, you know how skeptics always debunk a UFO witness, by saying "Why didn't you take a picture to prove it" If we applied to when a skeptic sees a UFO, is he going to say "I need a camera to tell me if it's there"

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 08:13 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
Byrd,

So..... tell me, would you believe or disbelieve. That's all I want.

There's not enough information there. It's not possible to make an informed decision without having the questions answered.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I have a "Curley Q" machine... maybe we could get together and eliminate the threat?

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
There's not enough information there. It's not possible to make an informed decision without having the questions answered.

And as I_C has shown to us, it is better to be uninformed and agree with her than informed and not.

And it's "time immemorial"!

Awesome picture wecomeinpeace

However, I shall go through I_C's "findings" here-

Well the point is clear, and it underlines the skeptic mindset clearly. Which is: It is not proven till an authority says so. In end, any of the arguments of FTL or rare probability of intelligent life, are only cover-up's for the skeptiics narrow mind and incredulity.

You just made this up. Not one skeptic in this thread said they would not believe until an authority figure said so. The closest you got was Byrd, who simply said he would use the information of qualified scientists to make up his/her own mind. He/she doesn't have designs to be able to analyze all information. He didn't sit back and say "Until the next Einstein says it's true, I ain't bleevin' in it." He asked for, you know, information. To make and informed decision.

So this basically shows, what many of us have known all along, the skeptics will only believe x is happening, if someone in authority says so.

Or,as 99% of people who believe in alien contact do, they were told it by a non-authority figure. Knife cuts both ways, princess.

In the the hypothetical, it was established that the evidence supporting the existence of the potato people was the same as the evidence that supported the existence of the greys. However, our honourable skeptics, used exactly the same arguments, despite the fact that the existence of alien life was established, and despite the fact that the evidence was the same evidence that supported the existence of greys before.

But by any measure of evidence, the existence of the Greys on the whole is not proven by any evidence. There is evidence for and against it, and in any court of law a reasonable doubt to their existence could be achieved.

What you gave us was a scenario that was totally ludicrious, where you just declared that the Grey's existed. Well, before they landed on the Whitehouse law, there was much disagreement even within the UFO community as to what they were. You made it a no-win situation.

In other words it shows what skeptics have done since time immorial:
They said the Earth was flat; they said we would fall of the earths edge if went far into the sea; they said flying machines were impossible; they said we could not go to the moon; they said we could not go faster than sound; they said no one else(European) existed but them.

You are aware that most of those things were generally believed true, with the religious nuts claiming the Earth was flat or only Europe existed...

All that seems to happen, once they are proven wrong about one of their delusions, they move onto another delusion. Right now, the same skeptics are saying "you cannot go faster than light" "There are no aliens capable of visiting us"

Which is exactly what my theory says, which I tested with the hypothetical. After doubting the greys, they moved onto the potato people. Surely enough, after the potato people, they would have moved onto something else. All they need is something to doubt. Is that a personality flaw, or a mental setback?

Something to doubt? Where did you get your degree in posychology, I might ask? Or is it the mumbo-jumbo powers the Grey's conferred?
See, this is your problem. You assume that anyone who disagrees with you has a personality problem or mental setback. You can't accept that you may be wrong, which is more of a problem than not believing in potato people. "I can't be wrong, so anyone who disagrees with me must be crazy..."

You aren't Denying Ignorance, you're marinating in it

I ask therefore all people, especially the "believers" does it really matter what a skeptic thinks?

And for the skeptics, seeing as your kind has been wrong since time immorial, do you think there maybe something... slightly wrong with your methods?

Huh? Believers have been wrong to, unless you think there's a pantheon of a million gods chilling in the heavens.

Indigo_Child, you are a prime example of why nobody takes conspiracy theorists seriously. You are so adamant about it, and you make such bull# scenarios, that they just sit back and laugh. Accept that you might be freakin' wrong, and the people you argue with might be able to admit they may. Right now, it's two brick walls ramming into eachother.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join