It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Desert Cross, Symbols of The Knights of Templar Unearthed

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   
World war one vets?
The 79th infantry division (liberty division) used the cross of lorraine as their symbol in WW1, and still do even today.
It would be intresting to know what unit the old guys grandfather served in in the war.
He could have picked up something of the history while "over there" and thought it could be a good scam.

Why dont they give us a complete translation of whats written on the crosses, i only see close up after close up of the word iacobus, Jacob in latin.

Now after investigating a bit understand why they dont show or explain the texts, only the one with a biblical reference to make it look more "legal".
The texts on the crosses and swords are copied from greek texts, such as -
“Catilina in prima acie versari, omnia providere, multum ipse pugnare, saepe hostum ferire.”

(Catiline was active in the front line, he attended to everything, fought much in person, and often smote down the enemy.)

"Specific Latin phrases appearing on the crosses could be traced to a widely-used 1881 Latin primer, Latin Grammar by Albert Harknees."(frase taken from Jason colavito.com)

edit on AM1Mon20141972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   

merka

sled735
The Cross of Lorraine is a symbol of mid-evil Knights Order of the first crusades, and continues to this day.

Where they actually just sort of evil or did you mean medieval?

Will watch the show though, always nice with history stuff.

Sigh... another typo. I should have caught that!!! Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Now my four hour window has closed to correct it... in only two hours! Geeze!

edit on 1/6/2014 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   
And yes, more and more points to the fact it was faked...Texts taken from the crosses and swords are in fact, copies of greek texts - READ MORE HERE and HERE, where it actually names a local guy, an artist who speciality was making things from the local lead, not to mention his collection of books on foreign languages.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   

andy1972
World war one vets?
The 79th infantry division (liberty division) used the cross of lorraine as their symbol in WW1, and still do even today.
It would be intresting to know what unit the old guys grandfather served in in the war.
He could have picked up something of the history while "over there" and thought it could be a good scam.

Why dont they give us a complete translation of whats written on the crosses, i only see close up after close up of the word iacobus, Jacob in latin.

You could always contact them and ask them to send you the inscriptions. Then you can come back and tell us what it says.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

And yet again, you have linked the SAME page the other two members linked. Are there no others debunking this?

I find that suspicious of this guy, myself!

Who's to say this person didn't make all this up to discredit the artifacts being real so it wouldn't interfere with something in history? It takes a lot of paper to rewrite everything, you know?

edit on 1/6/2014 by sled735 because: add comment

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   

sled735

And yet again, you have linked the SAME page the other two members linked. Are there no others debunking this?

I find that suspicious of this guy, myself!

Who's to say this person didn't make all this up to discredit the artifacts being real so it wouldn't interfere with something in history? It takes a lot of paper to rewrite everything, you know?

edit on 1/6/2014 by sled735 because: add comment

Why is it that, whoever they were, went out into the desert to bury this crap, why isnt there remains of a settlement near, every major historical find is near an encampment, or settlement.
Why no pottery, why no everyday artefacts.
HERES A TRANSLATION of the texts on the crosses.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

There is a book on them, which discusses the evidence. Calalus: A Roman Jewish colony in America from the time of Charlemagne through Alfred the Great www.amazon.com...

Might be worth reading. Although, you might hope for it in the library, it seems to be a very pricey book.
edit on 6-1-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I have no agenda, if the find is real then we must change history to fit in with the facts, not the facts to fit in with history.

But, if they are false, as i suspect they are, then the perps who have done this, be it for the fame or be it for the money, should be prosecuted.
Finds like these make the archeological world a nightmare because there's always the doubt, and if what we now know isn't certain, how can we date what we find in the future..

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 04:50 AM
link   

OpinionatedB
reply to post by sled735

There is a book on them, which discusses the evidence. Calalus: A Roman Jewish colony in America from the time of Charlemagne through Alfred the Great www.amazon.com...

Might be worth reading. Although, you might hope for it in the library, it seems to be a very pricey book.
edit on 6-1-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

Who needs to find hidden treasure when your book goes out at 247.18 dollars a copy, even Dan Brown aint got the balls to ask that.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   

lol... yep... pricey.

I looked on pirate bay for it and couldn't find it, nor can I find it through college sites to read, so it is what it is...

and yeah, the author hit the jackpot pricing his book as if it were required collegiate reading material. Which, it might be. Who knows?

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by iRoyalty

Sorry Rip Van Winkle. You've missed so much. Some really good tv shows and a few really great world series.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

sled735
One of the artifacts shows the Cross of Lorraine, which is a symbol of the Knights Templar.
Another inscription shows the date of AD 800...

The Knights Templar did not form until 1119. How do you account for the drastic difference in dates?

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

It's explained in the video.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

sled735
It's explained in the video.

I am unable to watch the video, can you explain the rationale please.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Don't bother watching it. Apparently, everything in the show has been faked, according to the members here.

Have a wonderful day.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

The author of the book I linked believed it was authentic...

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Another wonderful thread.
Thanks for sharing the video.

I'm not an expert on the subject, but find it nevertheless interesting.

Ps: If they can only find the same one link debunking it, that in my opinion isn't proof enough to call this fake.

I will sit back and enjoy the video.

Thanks

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I am footprinting this thread. It seems interesting, and I want to come back in when I have a bit of time.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

sled735

Don't bother watching it. Apparently, everything in the show has been faked, according to the members here.

Have a wonderful day.

Everything in the world is faked, if you listen to some of our members...

...don't forget, there ARE folks who are paid to be here and help sway conversations. Not that this has happened in this thread. But it does happen.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Cool thread Sled

I'm gonna have to do some research before placing an opinion. But loving it so far.

I do know of a place where IF it turns out to be correct, puts the whole history of the middle east in doubt, they've been digging it on and off since I first went to Israel but won't publish until they are 100% sure of their facts.

It's mind blowing stuff IF they are correct.

Cheer up my friend, I could author a thread right now saying my cat is black and someone would argue about it.

Even if I actually had a cat

Cody

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join