It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What should I believe about contrails?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

tsurfer2000h
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

Screw the flipping lines in the sky, it's a freakin asinine argument.

This is a thread about those white lines in the sky is it not?

Maybe you missed this part...

It's a freakin asinine argument.

edit on 4-1-2014 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

VeritasAequitas
Oh but it is relevant considering you believe all chemtrails to be contrails, and can't possibly imagine a scenario of them spraying chemicals in the sky except for the paranoid imagination of conspiracy nuts, when in reality they have already subjected us to chemical experimentation on the ground via the food supply.

Is someone forcing you to buy foodstuffs with these compounds?

You have evidence for at least half of a scenario, and a patent that would easily allow for them to spray chemicals in the air. While this may not constitute as 'proof' it is at least a cause for concern and investigation.

If they poison us from the ground, why not from the sky above as well? Wouldn't it increase our chances of illness by increasing the factors for our illness?

Post hoc ergo propter hoc logical fallacy. You seem to be a habitual offender of that which you decry. Just because you drink Diet Pepsi does not mean the evil meanies in Washington are spraying down daily with aerosolized chemicals.

Or did "As Below, So Above" just get tossed out the window with these people?

the only thing tossed out here is common sense.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

I can't believe you really said that.... Look duderino, just because contrails exist, doesn't make all lines in the sky by default contrails.

Until chemtrails are proven to be real it does.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

VeritasAequitas
That's not at all what the same thing as what I outlined...

Sure it is. There are unhealthy compounds in many foods, therefore the government and the evil corporations could possibly be poisoning you through chemtrails. Pepsius ergo veneno chemtrailis.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Maybe you missed this part...

I didn't miss it, but I do have to ask if this is so asinine why did you even post in this thread?

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

VeritasAequitas
I can't believe you really said that.... Look duderino, just because contrails exist, doesn't make all lines in the sky by default contrails.

Until you, or someone else, proves otherwise it does.

That is a logical fallacy at best, and an asinine assumption at worst case scenario.

Which logical fallacy is it?

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

VeritasAequitas
reply to post by network dude

Do you honestly need somebody to explain why lines in the sky are actually chemicals being sprayed in order to know that we are being bombarded with chemical warfare on a daily basis?

I just need you to explain "Why the lines in the sky are actually chemicals being sprayed".

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

Okay buddy, if you lot wanna stick your head in the sand, that's quite fine by me. But I believe that those with their head down and asses in the air will soon learn the error of that way, because it only allows for one thing; getting sodomized...

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

I believe I would call it fallacy by association...

Just because people call lines in the sky chemtrails, and that they look like contrails; doesn't necessitate that they are one in the same.

Or did you attempt to ask me this as if I wouldn't know which fallacy you were perpetuating and were attempting to catch me using words I didn't know the meaning of? Why yes, I think that was exactly your intent....

Association Fallacy

Broken down..

Contrails are white lines in the sky.

Chemtrails are white lines in the sky.

Therefore, all chemtrails must really be contrails = logical fallacy.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DenyObfuscation

Pharmaceutical companies and for-profit hospitals make money for their shareholders by us being sick, and 'consuming' their services, but personally I believe if chemtrails do exist they are colorless, and furthermore not a single person has commented on the real cause of the issue...

You either believe the government and it's corporate shareholders are plaguing us with harmful chemicals, or you don't; lines in the sky or not, I believe the weight of the argument sits in favor of chemical warfare on the American public.

I will continue to point out how asinine these threads are until the real debate is brought up; whether or not we are being poisoned. If the proof lies in the evidence that we are being poisoned on the ground, what nullification does anybody have aside from this asinine argument that it doesn't occur in the sky?

I swear....

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

VeritasAequitas

Pharmaceutical companies and for-profit hospitals make money for their shareholders by us being sick, and 'consuming' their services.

Logically speaking, that answer is phallusy.

I know you can do better.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Re-read my post, I have edited it with further commentary. Not to mention based on just that quote, your reply doesn't make it untrue... Pharmaceutical companies in league with for-profit hospitals make their money on sick patients; if people were all good and well, they would be out of business, and the people who own them would be poorer by billions. These same people who have their hands in the healthcare industry, are the same ones who tend to pop up in other positions of interest within the government, media, etc.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

VeritasAequitas
I believe I would call it fallacy by association...

Then you are not applying the facts.

Fact, you have not proven that chemtrails exist, therefore Guilt by Association Fallacies do not apply.

It would be analogous to someone saying that when they look up at the stars some of them could be angel's eyes twinkling at them and if you disprove of this belief then you are committing a logical fallacy. How the hell do you know that the white lines in the sky are not God's farts? Or Pegasi emissions? Or smoke signals from giant invisible Native Americans? All of those seem just as rational to me.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

tsurfer2000h

Until chemtrails are proven to be real it does.

And this isn't a fallacy of association in any way? Read my reply to AM.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

but personally I believe if chemtrails do exist they are colorless,

Then why did you say

Do you honestly need somebody to explain why lines in the sky are actually chemicals being sprayed

If you changed your mind just say so. You can do that.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Fact, you have not proven that chemtrails exist, therefore Guilt by Association Fallacies do not apply.

It "exists" for arguments sake. You can't say what people call chemtrails is really contrails just because contrails are a known atmospheric phenomena, and it not be a fallacy by association... That's just an ignorant thing to say AM.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Okay buddy, if you lot wanna stick your head in the sand, that's quite fine by me. But I believe that those with their head down and asses in the air will soon learn the error of that way, because it only allows for one thing; getting sodomized...

That is the most dignified reply I have seen in a long time.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I didn't 'change' my mind, merely misstated it at first.

I was trying to get the point across that you don't need people to prove that lines in the sky are really chemicals to wonder or have reason to believe that chemicals are sprayed in the air. The chemicals have nothing at all to do with the lines in the sky, and it is an asinine argument that distracts from the real issue at hand : Chemical warfare being commenced on the American people by it's own government, who in the past few years has begun to resemble something akin to Nazi Germany.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

It's not about being 'dignified'. Sticking your head in the sand and pretending that things don't exist just because they are uncomfortable only allows for you to be screwed over..

What about all of these gun-control freaks? Guns exist for protection, and when the people don't have them to be secure in their life, liberties, and pursuit of happiness, they are going to be very remorse when true criminals run rampant over them, and they must wait on the 'police' who are faulty to an extent, and can only arrive after an event has transpired, rather than preventing it.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

VeritasAequitas

I didn't 'change' my mind, merely misstated it at first.

I was trying to get the point across that you don't need people to prove that lines in the sky are really chemicals to wonder or have reason to believe that chemicals are sprayed in the air. The chemicals have nothing at all to do with the lines in the sky, and it is an asinine argument that distracts from the real issue at hand : Chemical warfare being commenced on the American people by it's own government, who in the past few years has begun to resemble something akin to Nazi Germany.

So if you can imagine it to be true then it is true?

What fallacy is that?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join