It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Nuts attack singer for no-gun restaurants

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Am I the only one who thinks that calling someone an America-hater for not wanting weapons of destruction in their business is crazy? Really the obnoxiousness and downright stupidity of gun worshippers has gotten so far out of hand I think it is irreparable. Mad Max here we come:

Toby Keith under fire for no guns policy at his restaurant chain

social.entertainment.msn.com...

+26 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

Your up in arms because one idiot on facebook said that? Hell, go to the Huffington Post and read some of the comments from the demented hate filled leftest nutcases there on about any story and see some REAL crazy... LOL

His restaurant, his call.
edit on 31-12-2013 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
His restaurant, his rules.
If he doesn't want people drinking while having firearms in his place then he's probably smarter than the average bear.
It's not like people can't leave their guns in the locked car.
I don't let people who are drinking have guns in my home.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
This is no different to when a cafe banned mothers from openly breast feeding in their establishments.

Only in this case, it is guns.

Guns at the moment, are a hot political topic.
Expect it to be sensationalized.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Toby Keith's restaurant displays a "no guns permitted" sign. It has outraged his fans so much that they are taking it out on their wives.

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
A facebook post is an "attack"?

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   

BABYBULL24

I second this. I think some are over sensationalizing this. Im not sure how some random dude's facebook post speaks for an entire community.

Guns are a major hobby of mine and many of my friends also have the same hobby. Not many of us really care about this. It's a non-issue. Im not up to date on Virginia's CHL laws, but here in Texas, if an establishment makes over 51% of their sales in alcohol (along with a sign on the front door saying that), a CHL holder cannot carry into that establishment. Im fine with that.

Also, if the business owner doesn't want guns on their property, they have the right to say so. Their property, their rules.
edit on 31-12-2013 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by BABYBULL24

I reckon it is, if one is desperate for an excuse to call people "gun worshipers".

See ya,
Milt

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by CB328

What part of:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

do they not understand?

Of course if they do not like the Bill of Rights they could always move.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   
His Restaurant, his rules. I don't see the problem. If you don't like it, or if you don't feel safe, then don't go in there. Problem solved.

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   
It's probably a good thing...

Cause if they are playing his music, I would probably shoot myself.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Bassago
reply to post by CB328

What part of:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

do they not understand?

Their right is not being infringed. They have the right to bear arms, just not in HIS establishment. Just like you do not have the right to bring weapons into MY house.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   
People have property rights just as much as they have the right to bear arms. If you don't want people doing something on your property, then people can't do it on your property. Period.

Now... is it a stupid business decision to have a business clearly designed to appeal to Country-music loving right wing Americans and then do something that appears anti-gun? Yeah, probably, but that's his choice.

His roof, his rules.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

They have the right to bear arms, just not in HIS establishment. Just like you do not have the right to bring weapons into MY house.

So you say but this is a "commercial" establishment. Open to the public, right? Well, the public has the right to bear arms. Private homes are a different matter.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Bassago

They have the right to bear arms, just not in HIS establishment. Just like you do not have the right to bring weapons into MY house.

So you say but this is a "commercial" establishment. Open to the public, right? Well, the public has the right to bear arms. Private homes are a different matter.

I can open my house to the public, it's still privately owned. This commercial business is privately owned. Disneyland is privately owned. They have every right to decide if arms can be brought in. The Government should have no say.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   

But another questions is will a criminal with a gun honor the gun ban in your home, if it was open to the public, and would a criminal with a gun honor the gun ban in that restaurant?

Haven't "gun free zones" been the places that have been where serial killings have happened? (with guns)

When you visit that restaurant, you could just wear a name plate sticker that says "Hi, I am Unarmed, because of that silly gun ban in here, please shoot me first."

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   

alienreality

But another questions is will a criminal with a gun honor the gun ban in your home, if it was open to the public, and would a criminal with a gun honor the gun ban in that restaurant?

Haven't "gun free zones" been the places that have been where serial killings have happened? (with guns)

When you visit that restaurant, you could just wear a name plate sticker that says "Hi, I am Unarmed, because of that silly gun ban in here, please shoot me first."

Then don't come in my house and don't eat in his restaurant. It's that simple. So because a criminal won't honor my gun ban you think you can waltz in with your gun into MY house? Seriously?

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by CB328

Will he keep metal detectors and TSA scanners at the doors to screen all his customers?

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Bassago
reply to post by CB328

What part of:

do they not understand?

I think that the days of a possible British invasion via Canada are long since over now, don't you?

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

Of course it is.
(just keep on telling them that, our troops are on standby because we really want to take over the USA
)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join