It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello ATS, Hello 2014

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Love reading this site daily and have wanted to intro myself for months but... Lack of attention span aka ADHD (doesn't really exist, shhh... Wait, look... squirrel!) always sidetracked me to refresh page here, what's the newest thread? What's active? Has fukushima really gone all out this time? Where are the aliens and sky booms today? Will I be swabbed for DNA for no reason soon?

I digress...

For any lurkers with similar ATS ADHD symptoms, I encourage you to take 5 minutes and say hello! If a (former) blonde can do it, you can too! Statistics prove my point.

# of times I started a 'Hello' thread: 24

# of times I finished a 'Hello' thread: 1 (fingers crossed)

Minutes it took me to find the search function: 11

# of times I uploaded a pic for an avatar: 4

# of times it did not work: 3 (see thread on avatar pixels. Changed my life.)

SEE! And I promise, I am actually one of the how do you say, intelligent folk?

Minutes you spent reading this, for absolutely no purpose: 2? But, it's about to be a new year, so who really cares about those 2 minutes?!

Favorite ATS forum: Three way tie. No, six way. Actually, I love them all. As soon as I have time to read up on what a third eye is and how I find mine, I may just understand them all.

Thank you senior members and long time posters, you have made me laugh out loud on more than one occasion, but best of all, you have made me think. And that is something us humans can never really do too much of...or should say, need to be doing a lot more of...

Happy New Year and cheers to a wonderful, enlightening 2014!!! Thank you all!

(Disclaimer- the above statistics are presented purely to demonstrate how important I thought my Hello post should be as I highly respect the intelligence of this community, and in no way reflect this forums functionality or should indicate any changes being requested on behalf of the poster. This site is the most visually aesthetic, easy to navigate forum I have read. Kudos and thank you!)

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by AldoRaine

Welcome - you took the plunge on new year's eve - ready to start your ATS member year #1.
Sorry, it's a bit quiet tonight on the boards - but you are indeed welcome by all.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Glad to have you aboard. ATS is a great place to learn and get involved in the conversation. It can get addictive-I know I'm addicted. I'm always checking in to see the new threads. Be ready to absorb a lot of info.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Welcome aboard AldoRaine! Your first mission is to break into the Watergate... oh, whoops. Wrong thread. Anyway, have fun and maybe if your're lucky the president will give you a golf ball as a souvenir.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Happy New Year AldoRaine, and welcome to ATS!

Still trying to figure out your favorite forums but if it's political, see you there. Never seen a cryptoid or reptilian myself (not counting Romney.)

See you on the boards.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Helllloooo and welcome and a happy new year and a happy stay at this hotel we call ATS.

Now be sure to keep your eyes aimed at the sky... "they" are out there. I've seen them.
Prank caller prank caller shhhhs.

See you at the flipside!

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Loved your intro post!

Welcome to ATS! Hang on and enjoy the ride!

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Glad you finally introduced ya self!! Nice to 'meet' you

Hope you have been enjoying your stay and continue to do so.
I'm nat the blue eyed cat ... I usually have a cat avatar but..I'm feeling playful with this one

Here's you a welcome cake

Enjoy and HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU TOO!!!!
Peace and love to you ~~>>

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Thank you all for the warm welcome!

Wrapping up my vacation today hoping for sparks... Solar flare or a San Diego win, something needs to brighten up this gray mid Atlantic day!

new topics

top topics

join