It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vertebrae! On Curiosity Sol 494.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
even if they are just rocks, they are interesting rocks.

The segmented scale idea from the trilobyte seems interesting.....

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

I've been mostly lurking since 2007 except for the last few weeks or so, and I have to say this is a different find from most of the "mars rocks" photos which look just like that, rocks. This might still be just rocks, but...

This is segmented and symmetrical in a way that makes it stand out. There is also a similar, smaller, more vertical segmentation about an inch right and south of the one you've pointed at. Not as defined, but I see it.

I'm not much of a believer or interested in these formations, as 99.99% do look just like rocks to me, but this one stands out to me a little more than the others have, of the ones I've seen.

Thanks for making me feel like one of these "mars rocks" threads was worth my time. Love the desert fox avatar too, or whatever that cute little nipper is.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I'm happy to see you have regained your access privileges for planet mars :^D They should just issue you a work visa hehe...

rather than a vertebrae it looks to me more like a ridged exoskeleton of some sea creature like those well known prehistoric sea critters
definitely more than just a rock. I bet they changed the color to make it blend in With the environment better. I wonder wwhat it really looked like!

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

JustMike
reply to post by Arken

Arken, sometimes I think your "finds" are a bit over the top but this time, I've got to give credit where it's due. S&F for you.

At the very least that is a somewhat anomalous rock formation. To me, it's not beyond the realms of possibility that complex organisms once lived on mars, perhaps even including vertebrates. So, while I personally would not jump to labelling that feature as "vertebrae" I'd be very glad if they can arrange for some better images of it.

Thank you. I'm Honored.

NASA/JPL/MSL Team has send that Rover on Mars, and in that particular place, Gale Crater, (an ancient dry lake, as assumption of NASA) to find LIFE (actual or past) with the most powerfull tecnology in its "hands".

Is my opinion that NASA/JPL/MSL Team MUST investigate on that anomalies ( I think that I bring someone...
) that appear, even to a not skilled person, like me, absolutely UNUSUAL. Something that grow "curiosity" just at first glance and deserve a more accurate analisys.

But: Till today, apparently, The Billionaire MSL/Curiosity expedition on Mars is a complete FIASCO.
Apparently.... Nothing new. Nothing of nothing. And they prepare a new billionaire mission. (Oh my god!)

So the things are:
1) There is nothing on Mars. Only sand and rocks. So, Don't waste money! (No more missions on Mars.)

2) NASA/JPL/MSL Team don't make their job as they must do. So, It's a waste of money (No more missions on Mars.)

3) NASA/JPL/MSL Team.... Know and hush...

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

You have hit the nail on the head here arken, the very act of them being good little pen pushers and doing what they are told to do is destroying NASA and justifying budget cuts that will likely see the end of there mars missions, but remember the black budjet which actually grew after the cold war was supposedly over and how the military industrial complex have been rumoured to have multiple space assets both in orbit and apparently elsewhere.

It is amazing what they can sit on and even when dependable and credible whitnes come forward they simple obfuscate the truth and hide these hearing which should be both national and international news as indeed if this was the 1940s they would have been.
www.youtube.com...
There is that much out there and I for one do believe there are actual artifacts on mars, the Cydonia region is definitly a site of archaeological interest as it can be nothing less than a ruined city of some kind possible partially buried and as for Gale crater well? Unique and interesting to say the least and you point out correctly they seem to be paying no attention to rock or otherwise formations that need closer study such as this stacked vertebrae formation you have found.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by LABTECH767

Thanks LABTECH

The real ploblem for NASA (or for WHO really rule NASA) are the competitors. New competitors on the Horizon.

They can blackmail the establishment for what they can find up-there...

A secret so big that you can't hide forever...

What can happen when someone find... ancient ruins... fossils... vegetation... water... and something really BIG up-there?

Personally, I think that the Time is Over or very, very few... and it is better for NASA to begin to tell something about that...
edit on 28-12-2013 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Arken
NASA/JPL/MSL Team has send that Rover on Mars, and in that particular place, Gale Crater, (an ancient dry lake, as assumption of NASA) to find LIFE (actual or past) with the most powerfull tecnology in its "hands".

No, they haven't sent the rover to find LIFE.

Is my opinion that NASA/JPL/MSL Team MUST investigate on that anomalies ( I think that I bring someone...
) that appear, even to a not skilled person, like me, absolutely UNUSUAL. Something that grow "curiosity" just at first glance and deserve a more accurate analisys.

That's the problem, you (and most of us) are a non skilled person, so you (and most of us) do not really know what we're looking at.
Our own ignorance is not a reason for other people to act like we want them to.

But: Till today, apparently, The Billionaire MSL/Curiosity expedition on Mars is a complete FIASCO.

Because you are expecting things that were not part of the mission.

So the things are:
1) There is nothing on Mars. Only sand and rocks. So, Don't waste money! (No more missions on Mars.)

Sand and rock that may show us something about our own planet's past and/or future. I think we should keep on spending money to learn about those things.

And why do you keep on talking about the money they spend, it's not your money. Me, I'm happy that they spend the money and share what they find.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

No, they haven't sent the rover to find LIFE.

And...hemmm... to find what?

And why do you keep on talking about the money they spend, it's not your money. Me, I'm happy that they spend the money and share what they find.

What exactly they have found, till today, that deserve a multi billionaire Mission on Mars?

The breadcums that fall from the table?
It's not professional this way of thinking... no offense.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
S&F for decent rendering of proof of a..

MARTIAN TRILOBOID LIFEFORM!

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Arken
And...hemmm... to find what?

Who said they sent the rover to find something?

These are the science objectives:

Biological objectives:
     Determine the nature and inventory of organic carbon compounds
     Inventory the chemical building blocks of life (carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen, phosphorous, and sulfur)
     Identify features that may represent the effects of biological processes

Geological and geochemical objectives:
     Investigate the chemical, isotopic, and mineralogical composition of the martian surface and near-surface geological materials
     Interpret the processes that have formed and modified rocks and soils

Planetary process objectives:
     Assess long-timescale (i.e., 4-billion-year) atmospheric evolution processes
     Determine present state, distribution, and cycling of water and carbon dioxide

Surface radiation objective:
     Characterize the broad spectrum of surface radition, including galactic cosmic radiation, solar proton events, and secondary neutrons

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Arken
What exactly they have found, till today, that deserve a multi billionaire Mission on Mars?

Confirmation that that crater was once a lake is enough for me.

It's not my profession, no offence taken.

PS: to me, any money spent in getting more knowledge about any thing is money well spent. If only they spend all that war money in science...

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

So, if the billionaire Rover stumble upon a life form or fossil (ex life form), they can ignore it?
Really? OMG!

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

ArMaP

Arken

Confirmation that that crater was once a lake is enough for me.

It's not my profession, no offence taken.

PS: to me, any money spent in getting more knowledge about any thing is money well spent. If only they spend all that war money in science...

What knowledge? What news from MSL/JPL that deserve a so huge amount of money?
Confirmation that that crater was once a lake is NOT enough for me. Billions of dollars to confirm what they already know with Spectroscopic analisys?

PS: They will continue to spend money in wars till when we do not do the high jump.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Wouldn't that apply to fossilized remains?

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

fomalhaut
reply to post by ArMaP

Well, if they found any then they would investigate them. So far they have found none.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Arken
So, if the billionaire Rover stumble upon a life form or fossil (ex life form), they can ignore it?
Really? OMG!

Where did you get that idea? I know English is not my first language, but I don't think I have worded my posts in a way that anyone could get that idea from them.

To make it clear, I didn't say that, NASA didn't say that.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Arken
What knowledge? What news from MSL/JPL that deserve a so huge amount of money?
Confirmation that that crater was once a lake is NOT enough for me.

But it is for me, specially because it's not my money.

Billions of dollars to confirm what they already know with Spectroscopic analisys?

Confirmation is always needed, that's why having just one photo of something that may look anomalous is not enough to make a solid judgement.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure that's a fossilized Christmas Ham. Come on guys it's indisputable.

Actually, all jokes aside, I'm definitely with the rock guys when it come to Mars. This however is very interesting. I still feel it's just rocks, but there is definitely something odd about the formation and it merits a closer look. Good eye Arken. I love your Mars post, keep it up. S&F

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

fomalhaut

Yes, that's why I don't understand Arken's answer.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Arken
I post this incredible find on this forum, because it really deserve a real scientific analisys on what lies on Gale Crater and under the wheels of Curiosity! From Sol 494 emerge an incredible anomaly: Vertebrae. Fossilized vertebrae of some kind of creature that time ago swam in that Lake...

Enhanched in Yellow. But it is clear enough...

It is Time for Curiosity and NASA/JPL Team To Investigate More Accurately on what lies under the Rover wheels!

Interesting !!

even it if was just Rock how the multiple Slices came about ? is the Question if it were ! !
it it does not look like it been broken up by Nature Either...

Something out of the Ordinary for Sure...

Dinosaur Fossil In Mars Photo From NASA’s Curiosity Rover Claim UFO Hunters

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 13:23
______beforeitsnews/beyond-science/2013/02/fossil-spine-in-mars-photo-from-nasas-curiosity-rover-claims-ufo-hunter-2440980.html

Interesting on this site Showing almost the same thing about the Spine found on mars like what it show here on earth almost the same thing..
NASA Curiosity Photographed Gigantic Creature Fossilized Spine On Mars
www.ufo-blogger.com...

edit on 28-12-2013 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join