It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rendlesham Forest…, A Christmas Story from 1980 - Can We ‘Let it Be’?

page: 110
<< 107  108  109    111  112  113 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman
Or maybe the work at Woodbridge was substandard? Or it might have all been a cover story for something else.

This was also the period of the ‘neutron bomb protests’.
The neutron bomb was considered a deployable nuke on the European battlefield without the devastating ‘collateral damage’ of other nukes.
In 1975, the Ford administration authorized its development.
It was so secret that Jimmy Carter first heard about it via the Washington Post …

The low threshold for deploying it was precisely the reason why it was a political no-go.
In august 1980, Lord Hill-Norton stated:

"Once you cross the nuclear threshold you have taken an irreversible step which is almost bound to lead to a strategic nuclear exchange, which in turn is almost bound to lead to the end of civilization…I will go to my grave being certain that if you let off a neutron bomb anywhere in Europe you have gone 90% of the way toward triggering a strategic nuclear exchange."

Source

So if neutron bombs were secretly stored on the twin bases, this would have to be kept from the public at all cost.
Maybe this was the motive for a modernized WSA on Woodbridge base?

And if Robert Hastings is right, you would expect ET to give us an extra warning if we just lowered the threshold for deploying nuclear weapons…

Of course none of this can be revealed in any way by Halt if it is true...

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
The only underground bit I can say existed will have been the comms. Everyone has always wondered what the BT building for, I believe it was for data collection from the project. I'd add photos but I am obviously totally thick.

Yes Larry talked about his visit with Peter, sounds to me more like they stumbled upon them doing something mundane. Flares is the more likely explanation. I am sorry but I just do not believe a word that comes out of that mans face.

Also.. When Warren claims he was underground, that was Woodbridge not Bentwaters. The photography building was on Woodbridge. However if you listen to Adrian B's latest show he says he was there alone, excluding Warren. In fact Bustinza mentions Warren only briefly in connection with the cameras they confiscated. Ironically Bustinza recounts remembering a particular camera with an M on it, strange Warren has the same memory and even included it in his book. Thing is.. You have to know LAEG to recognise this. If you don't, you won't know the difference. Warren has stated he no longer talks about Rendlesham. He gave that up a long time ago. Why he still being billed when he won't talk about the thing he is known for, especially after the things I have pointed out.

This is from a year ago.. This is what prompted the NOTW show by ronnie. This is Warren writing Brenda, Dot and Jenny out, he claims he was responsible for the memo AND the Halt tape. He also accuses Brenda and Dot of Kidnapping Chuck Jr.

Sacha Larry Peter UFO Undercover 2015

As for the nukes etc.. I asked Col Halt recently if the things Bob Dean and Clifford Stone were true. They said in an old boys club video that Charlie (no one calls him that) said that during the events some nukes went missing. I asked, he said no I didn't say that. Not an answer I can glean much from to try and figure out if they were really there or not.. Maybe they were moved to the new WSA at woodbridge for the project.. heh heh. sorry but its what I think happened! There is the age old rumour that they let people think they were at Greenham as a decoy.

I'm sure there was another point to answer.. lost the plot. Anyway.. Back to the start is the only way to go forward, its such a screwed up mess now. If you haven't listened to it, listen to ABs show, if you don't know LAEG beg steal borrow a copy, you will see what I see.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: DaveBowman

That word pyramid is pretty telling.

The long fingers of "the nine" no doubt.

Kev

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: infomaniachousewife

Do you have any thoughts on David Daniels? Apparently Ralph Noyes, Jenny Randles and even Lord Hill Norton met him!

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ctj83

I never met him so I can't comment. But I have had my own wyrd at Brendas. Its all hard for me to accept which is why I keep looking for answers. I can't process my own stuff never mind anyone elses.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
IN SUMMARY : RENDLESHAM FOREST GENESIS

This is a summary of the feature penned by veteran ufologist Jenny Randles in the Fortean Times from January of this year until May.

The first parts have already been covered earlier in the thread. But for the sake of keeping it all together they are repeated below.

There was a build up to Rendlesham with a glowing orange ball floating over the Chevron Oil Rig off the east coast of Scotland on Nov 25th 1980. It disappeared within 5 mins. The following weekend Alan Godfrey, the Yorkshire Police Officer, sighted a UFO. Under hypnosis he revealed a very unusual alien abduction story. Mal Scurrah picked up a ‘bogey’ on radar in the late autumn of 1980 and two RAF Phantoms were scrambled to investigate.

On the night of Dec 25th 1980 at 9pm two young men in Paco de Arcos, Portugal saw a large red comet with a tail fly overhead and then change direction. They reported similar static like effects and both had a rash like sunburn on the areas of exposed skin next morning.

As the Bentwaters incident then came and went rumours started in the area almost immediately. Brenda Butler and Dot Street were involved before Jenny (who was 200 miles away) became involved. The reports seemed to be of a night of aerial fireballs.

An electronics engineer working at Martlesham Heath told Brenda and Dot - “remember the comets in the sky” that night as they could prove to be the key. Hinting at something beyond misperception.

John Burroughs also had questions about electrical energy and UAP as he believed the “meteor events in the sky… were important somehow”, but, he was not sure why.

Jenny concludes by saying that the simplest answer regarding the meteors was that the burning up space junk had been misperceived as UFOs. But felt her sources were convinced there was another kind of link?

Source: Fortean Times Jan 2016 – Issue 336

==============================================================================================

In the second article (Fortean Times – Feb 2016 Issue 337) Cobra Mist is discussed. It seems suspicions remain as to what was going on in the area continued after it closed in 1973. A vague mention of an unnamed coastal village near Hollesley, being evacuated due to secret experiments, is made. Stories of strange mists, locals’ cars stalling, interference with TV signals and weird green blobs rising into the sky are all mentioned but without specifics.

One incident that is given in detail occurred on Feb 24th 1975. Local postal officer Thomas Meyer was walking his Dalmatian just north of forest near Sizewell nuclear plant. He saw a green-yellow object appear from the sea floating across the beach.

His dog then began to cower behind him and there was a pungent smell. Most notable was a tingling feeling in the air. Meyer was off sick for weeks after the incident.

There are also reports from the Orfordness lighthouse keeper of ‘green glows’ underneath the sea. Even a radar operator at Watton told of a radar track picked up over the Christmas weekend. It crossed the coast and then dropped below the radar near Rendlesham forest. The requests from USAF officers (Halt and his team)out in the field are also mentioned during the incident itself. Meaning that both the RAF and USAF knew something was going on long before Halt would write his memo.

==============================================================================================

The third part of Jenny Randles article (Fortean Times – March 2016 Issue 338) covers the MoD treatment of the case during the early months of 1981.

According to an interview with ‘David Potts’ (the pseudonym for the radar operator who wished to remain anonymous) the RAF and MoD already knew of the Deputy Base Commander and a team of airmen going off base. The USAF had requested access to the radar data. Potts had heard of problems with their radio and lightalls failing and also of the “radiation traces” recorded in the forest.

Randles was also told by Col. Halt in the 1990s that he believed the UK MoD knew of the incident long before his memo appeared. However they never followed up with the USAF and so never got to see any of the other evidence nor hear Halt’s tape. Some 5 years later Randles tried to clarify some points with ‘Potts’. Strangely he could recall little of the case nor did he seem to remember speaking to her 4 years earlier. Even though many of the parts of that story were later confirmed by the airmen involved.

In the fourth in the series (Fortean Times – April 2016 Issue 339) Jenny Randles covers the witness testimony and how it compared with her early research.

Halt was suspicious the Brits were investigating before he’d even thought of sending his infamous memo He cited the call from Bentwaters tower to RAF Watton and the fact that two British officials, who seemingly refused to identify themselves, went into the woods to investigate the landing site on the 26th December 1980. They also questioned forestry workers and made plaster casts at the supposed landing site!

She comments that the witness statements she was not to see until the late 1990s ties in with a lot of the early reports and that the lighthouse was clearly mentioned. But Penniston for one had said

“Had you seen the other [UFO] lights you would know the difference.”

Burroughs thought there had been a British military exercise off the Suffolk coast (and Randles confirms that a MoD source had later shown her information ordering Royal Naval personnel to stay below deck during an exercise at the time).

Randles also confirms that Halt mentioned that on the first night “one of the three [men] climbed on top of it [the UFO]” without saying who it was. That man then spent nights out in the forest in a state of stress. She does accept that the Colonel may well have been spinning a yarn but interesting how Larry Warren incorporated this into his telling of the third night of events.  

continues below >>>

edit on 10/7/16 by mirageman because: tidy up

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
The ultimate piece (Fortean Times – May 2016 Issue 340) examines the story viewed with hindsight.

Jim Penniston’s account was very similar to that told in his statement although he also felt that there was something in the ‘craft’, shapes of some kind. He also told Jenny that one airman went up closer as if to try and touch the craft but it then moved off with amazing manoeuvrability. He described a silent “off white and sort of dirty looking” object with red, white and blue lights. After following it through the forest it shot off at rapid speed into the sky. Penniston also claimed a tape had been made during the second night and edited to create an impression.

A summary is then given of the chain of events leading up to the release of the Halt memo and Randles own correspondence with the MoD. She is highly critical of how blasé the MoD seemed to treat the whole topic. Rendlesham being a prime case when it appeared that the air defences of Britain were possibly penetrated but the MoD left the case uninvestigated. She concludes by questioning that policy.

“Can a country facing modern threats that come from anywhere afford to presume that sightings made by military personnel reporting UFO-like phenomena, weird effects and physical evidence require little investigation?”

If you want to read the complete series for yourself then you will have to obtain the back issues yourself. It certainly opens a few more questions to RFI.

edit on 10/7/16 by mirageman because: typos

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

What a phenomenally well written and presented piece!

I shall have to reread to digest all of this.

I don't suppose the unnamed village was Shingle Street? Randles promised to cover some of the experiments that went on the area before the series was published. I never really got a sense that actually happened. Perhaps she changed her mind m, I for one would have been very interested.

I'd expected her to look into Cold Witness. Anyone who has any links or info on that, let me know.

Shingle Street,the BT research centre, Marconi, the nuclear power station and RAF Bawdsey and the Twin bases form a cluster of weirdness. From aliens rifling through top secret filing cabinets, to new nuclear bomb detonators, green mist on the beaches, to sailors kept below decks ...

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Thank you for sharing this mirageman. Going to reread this again once at home.

One thing I wonder is what direction the comet spotted in Portugal was heading to. It changed direction, but maybe it's possible to correlate this to the later sightings around Rendlesham?

Not going to assume too much though ...
edit on 11-7-2016 by zeroPointOneQ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Zicklers later career which completely reflects my thoughts on Rendlesham.

sacha-christie-infomaniachousewife.blogspot.co.uk...

PRWEB) NOVEMBER 19, 2003
Niceville, FL --(PRWEB) -- Nov. 17, 2003 - Woodbridge Security Engineering Group (WSEG) (www.wseg-inc.com...) today announced its participation in the Physical and Cyber Security (PACS) 2003 Conference on Wednesday, November 19.
Malcolm Zickler, former chief of security and security police inspections in Europe, commander of the USAF's largest security Police Squadron, and previous head of USAF R&D for theater air base defense will deliver the luncheon address, "Applying Technology to The Physical Security Problem." The talk will focus on using technology in physical security functions to overcome human vulnerabilities. He will provide a brief history of how the US Air Force security police have moved from a dependence on human sentries and sentry dogs to the accelerating use of technology to improve combat readiness and reduce vulnerabilities. Mr. Zickler will examine the further impact of technology security practices on US commercial and national domestic and foreign assets because of the international terrorism threat. He will explore the
importance of the post 9/11 legal implications of failure to provide effective physical security. He will also serve as a Conference Panelist.
About Mr. Zickler
Malcolm has been the President of Woodbridge since its co-founding in February 1993. During that time he has supplied commercial and government interests with high quality security insight and consulting based on years of practical experience in the USAF security forces and six years as head of effort for exterior sensor development for tactical deployments. He developed the concept of operations still in use today for the complete sensoring of bases such as those in the mideast.
Before co-founding Woodbridge, Malcolm was Head of System Security Engineering and Chief of Operations Security at GE Aerospace, as well as Head of System Security Engineering for the Strategic Defense Initiative Office at GE Aerospace. One of his key tasks during this period was heading the OPSEC Planning (Camouflage, Concealment and Deception) effort for the USAF Special Forces Mission Rehearsal Facility during Desert Shield/Desert Storm.
Before joining GE, Malcolm was Chief, Active Defense Branch (ground defense, intelligence, counterintelligence, ground based air defenses)
as a member of the Air Staff at Eglin AFB. Three notable projects that he headed during his tenure were developing the original Concept of Operations for what ultimately became Tactical Automated Sensor System (TASS), developing the Mobile Weapon system for ground to ground and ground to air protection for air bases and developing the warfighting concept to evaluate security forces against the projected enemy. The result of his work was the first demonstration/exercise that used actual air and ground attackers to attempt to render a European Air Base unusable. He went to extensive lengths to create a realistic scenario by cratering runways with explosives and cutting communications trunk lines. The exercise was a
huge success and highlighted the need for ongoing realistic training and integrated base sensor systems.
From 1978 to 1982, Malcolm was in Europe in command of the 81st Security Police Squadron (SPS) at RAF Bentwaters, the largest security police squadron in the USAF. Under his leadership, the 81st SPS passed all of their operational inspections, earning excellent on two, a seminal event that hadn't occurred for over 35 years. Between 1976 and 1978, he was in charge of security police inspections for USAFE, which included among other things, overseeing requirements and definitions for security systems for all types of Air Force installations, both conventional and nuclear. He oversaw the evaluation, installation and integration of extensive security systems; the certification of all new security systems for nuclear weapons protection as operationally ready; as well as the conduct of vulnerability assessments, complete security inspections and vulnerability analyses for all USAFE bases, and their day-to-day operation.
About WSEG
WSEG is a privately-held woman-owned small business that is headquartered in Niceville, FL. Their expertise is in security consulting, detection system design, deployment and training, and
security software design and implementation. To learn more about WSEG, please visit the company's web site at www.wseg-inc.com...
About ISAS
ISAS (Integrated Security Analysis System) is a ground-breaking system that brings several leading edge technologies into an area that has been traditionally based on a pad of paper and pen. ISAS is a broadly scalable application framework that allows rigorous metrics-based security assessments. From a rich reference library of standards and best practices, the system enables aggressive analysis and management of security deficiencies, including prioritization, budgeting, scheduling and logistics management.
About the PACS Conference
CGH Technologies, Inc. is pleased to announce the first in a series of conferences dedicated to combining physical and cyber security concerns - PACS 2003 "Physical and Cyber Security" will be held on Wednesday, November 19, 2003 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM at The U.S. Chamber of Commerce, 1615 H Street, N.W., Washington, DC 20062. It will be moderated by
Paul Berry, Award winning broadcast journalist, Host of the Paul Berry show on AM570 WTNT. Among the distinguished list of featured speakers will be Richard "Dick" Marcinko - Rogue Warrior, Nation's Most Accomplished Special Operations Expert.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

There were also the Cadmium biological testing experiments they conducted to map drift of toxic materials.
Se clouds of secrecy documentary by Nick Cook;

www.youtube.com...

Also, I think that Cobra Mist was a fail due to the backscatter being traces of Cadmium that were sprayed up to the year before it was constructed. Considering they swapped to GWEN tower systems all over, I doubt that Norfolk and Suffolk were the only areas these experiments took place. After all each coastal area has its own weather systems and so they will have wanted to ascertain drift everywhere in case of a biological attack. Why cadmium? Crazy.

Maybe that what Jenny was referring to?

edit on 11-7-2016 by infomaniachousewife because: forgot to add the Jenny Randles comment at the end!!!

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I'd expected her to look into Cold Witness. Anyone who has any links or info on that, let me know.

Unfortunately that trail seems to have ran 'cold'

Secret papers were mislaid at Heathrow Airport regardig the 'Cold Witness' project. It was supposedly an upgrade on Cobra Mist but Jenny Randles could find nothing to confirm it ever happened (well not in Britain).

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: zeroPointOneQ

One thing I wonder is what direction the comet spotted in Portugal was heading to. It changed direction, but maybe it's possible to correlate this to the later sightings around Rendlesham?

The exact paragraph referring to this story appears in Fortean Times Jan 2016 – Issue 336

I discovered that these two young men were on a pier on the Paco waterfront facing south and saw a large red “comet with a tail” move slowly to the northwest, heading into the Atlantic. It left a visible reflection in the water and, they claimed, was low enough to churn up the sea. Then the UFO suddenly changed direction and came towards them, now heading northeast.

I don't know if that clarifies anything. The timing of it was around the same time the Kosmos 749 booster rocket was falling to earth.
edit on 11/7/16 by mirageman because: typos

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Wow Zickler was certainly up to some interesting stuff.

As for the cadmium. It looks like experiments were going on until at least 1979 (after that I don't think the documents have been released). It makes you wonder.

After all each coastal area has its own weather systems and so they will have wanted to ascertain drift everywhere in case of a biological attack. Why cadmium? Crazy.

It seemed they did.

In more than 750 secret operations, hundreds of thousands of ordinary Britons were subjected to ‘mock’ biological and chemical warfare attacks launched from aircraft, ships and road vehicles......British military aircraft dropped thousands of kilos of a chemical of ‘largely unknown toxic potential’ on British civilian populations in and around Salisbury in Wiltshire, Cardington in Bedfordshire and Norwich in Norfolk.

Substantial quantities were also dispersed across parts of the English Channel and the North Sea. It’s not known the extent to which coastal towns in England and France were affected.

The research reveals, for the first time, that around 4600 kilos of the chemical, zinc cadmium sulphide (now thought to be potentially carcinogenic, on account of its cadmium content) were dispersed from ships, aircraft and moving lorries between 1953 and 1964.

Source : Independent UK

A government report just released provides for the first time a comprehensive official history of Britain's biological weapons trials between 1940 and 1979.......

One chapter of the report, 'The Fluorescent Particle Trials', reveals how between 1955 and 1963 planes flew from north-east England to the tip of Cornwall along the south and west coasts, dropping huge amounts of zinc cadmium sulphide on the population. The chemical drifted miles inland, its fluorescence allowing the spread to be monitored. In another trial using zinc cadmium sulphide, a generator was towed along a road near Frome in Somerset where it spewed the chemical for an hour. .......

The report also reveals details of the DICE trials in south Dorset between 1971 and 1975. These involved US and UK military scientists spraying into the air massive quantities of serratia marcescens bacteria, with an anthrax simulant and phenol........

......some families in areas which bore the brunt of the secret tests are convinced the experiments have led to their children suffering birth defects, physical handicaps and learning difficulties......

Sue Ellison, spokeswoman for Porton Down, said: 'Independent reports by eminent scientists have shown there was no danger to public health from these releases which were carried out to protect the public.

'The results from these trials_ will save lives, should the country or our forces face an attack by chemical and biological weapons.'

Asked whether such tests are still being carried out, she said: 'It is not our policy to discuss ongoing research.'

Source : Guardian UK

The government are willing to use the general public as lab rats. So it makes you wonder what other experiments have gone on that are still top secret.

edit on 11/7/16 by mirageman because: typos

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Does anyone know why zinc cadmium sulphide was chosen?

I do notice that two of the eight isotopes of cadmium are radioactive..
I haven't checked for half-lives yet.. (on Lunch). But if radioactive
isotopes of cadmium with appropriate half-lives were used, that would
certainly explain the cancer..

As far as "lab rats" goes.. there are two types of humans:

1) Alpha predators.
2) Everyone else.

Alpha predators will predate on their own kind without a second thought.

Kev

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Curious how the commander of security for the entire wing during the Rendlesham affair has no record of personal involvement. Maj. Malcolm Zickler's time at Rendlesham did his career no apparent harm. His latter assignment to Eglin AFB put him in charge of security matters for the American Air Forces major weapons testing and research facility.

Wikipedia edited. Eglin AFB in 1978, the USAF Tactical Air Warfare Center assumed responsibility for the USAF Air Ground Operations School. In the same year, the Electronic Warfare Evaluation Program became another one of the USAFTAWC's weapons system evaluation programs. Eglin Air Force Base reservation is home to Headquarters Air Force Special Operations Command (AFSOC), the 1st Special Operations Wing. Elements of the wing participated in the attempt in April 1980 to rescue US hostages held in Tehran, Iran. Thereafter, continued to work closely with multi-service special operations forces to develop combat tactics for numerous types of aircraft.

An aerial light display such as the RFI would be quite a nice non-lethal distraction to have in your bag for covert operations.
edit on MonpmvAmerica/Chicago9632016107pm7 by DaveBowman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I did find all the documents the chap in the documentary refers to. I will have to have a good look for them, I have various mem sticks, clouds etc.

They have no idea how much was spread over the area. Uncalculated amounts. I am sure I also have a bookmarked list of tests conducted on civilians but I doubt it is comprehensive. That whole area must have been glowing like a stereotypical mad scientists lab windows, complete with maniacal laughter.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: DaveBowman

Indubitably my dear!

Pretty fascinating stuff... considering.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Do you have any theory on the prison Evacuation and how it might fit in with this?

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I've just been glancing through the following document :

Barry Greenwood's Rendlesham Case File

Stuck in between the pages of witness statements is a rather random letter titled

Notes from Meeting at Marge Christensen's home 6/ /88 (which seems to have been a meeting with 'Ernie Frost')

It seems to read :

Notes from Meeting at Marge Christensen's home 6/ /88

- Col Halt was in trouble - couldn't find him during sighting. Document may have been released to get Halt in to trouble. No one liked Halt; lied a lot. (Called Col. Williams instead). Williams was witness to a sighting because Halt couldn't be contacted.
- During sighting radio woudn't work.
- Orford lighthouse not nearby - no way to be an explanation for object.
- Drugs rampant - easily available.
- Trees in forest too close together very difficult for something to land.
- Two British police who came to sighting area -P.C. Grimwood, P.C Green.
- Ernie recalls sighting around Dec 27-28, 1980.
- Records definitely made + sent out in these.
- Ernie was on security watch in an underground vault for communications. Sighting came in by phone. Phonecalls made to Halt, then Williams after Halt couldn't be found.
- Ernie still in A.F.
- Ernie described as a big strapping American Indian type. Soft spoken, concerned about saying too much.
- He also recalled that in [May] 1969, the 434th(439th????) Tactical Squadron shot down a UFO near George AFB, Calif. He saw it in a hangar.

[Signed] - Barry Greenwood

I'm too tired to go over it again. But I've never seen this before. Don't know if it's relevant or just another airman's story that simply doesn't add up?

Maybe someone else knows more about it.

edit on 12/7/16 by mirageman because: clarification

top topics

<< 107  108  109    111  112  113 >>

join