It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Killers of Lee Rigby handwritten note [Code?]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I came across this Picture of a letter that was apparently written by one of the men convicted of killing British soldier Lee Rigby, not sure which one specifically.....

I don't particularly care what he has to say or how he chooses to justify his despicable actions, it is my opinion that he should be hanged but sadly the decision wasn't mine to make..

what i find interesting is the 5 rows of numbers on the bottom right of the image.

I am no good with codes or cyphers so i am posting this thread out of curiosity to see if anyone else can figure out IF these numbers have any significance or meaning..

thoughts anyone?

Letter

edit on 19/12/2013 by Ph03n1x because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Ph03n1x

Verses from the Quran?

Most probably verses used to justify their actions.
edit on 19/12/2013 by LiveForever8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Ph03n1x
I came across this Picture of a letter that was apparently written by the man convicted of killing British soldier Lee Rigby, not sure which one specifically.....

I don't particularly care what he has to say or how he chooses to justify his despicable actions, it is my opinion that he should be hanged but sadly the decision wasn't mine to make..

what i find interesting is the 5 rows of numbers on the bottom right of the image.

I am no good with codes or cyphers so i am posting this thread out of curiosity to see if anyone else can figure out IF these numbers have any significance or meaning..

thoughts anyone?

Letter

edit on 19/12/2013 by Ph03n1x because: (no reason given)

Trying to understand what goes on in the mind of someone who is mentally ill is a challenge for all of us.
edit on 19-12-2013 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Just a quick guess, but the numbers appear to be verses from the Qur'an. At least the quick searching I did correlated with verses.

Example: the bottom line, 5.
9:38- O you who have believed, what is [the matter] with you that, when you are told to go forth in the cause of Allah , you adhere heavily to the earth? Are you satisfied with the life of this world rather than the Hereafter? But what is the enjoyment of worldly life compared to the Hereafter except a [very] little.

2:216- Fighting has been enjoined upon you while it is hateful to you. But perhaps you hate a thing and it is good for you; and perhaps you love a thing and it is bad for you. And Allah Knows, while you know not.

3:142- Or do you think that you will enter Paradise while Allah has not yet made evident those of you who fight in His cause and made evident those who are steadfast?

Would be interesting to translate it all.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Ph03n1x

It looks like references to specific lines or verses from the Q'ran. A couple of them I looked up quickly and there are references to jihad. Trying to make dinner or I would have pulled up the specific quotes he seems to be referencing. Here's a quick one for example- referencing 9:24

quran.com... Sahih International
Say, [O Muhammad], "If your fathers, your sons, your brothers, your wives, your relatives, wealth which you have obtained, commerce wherein you fear decline, and dwellings with which you are pleased are more beloved to you than Allah and His Messenger and jihad in His cause, then wait until Allah executes His command. And Allah does not guide the defiantly disobedient people."

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
That makes sense... Passages from the Quran..

Thanks for solving the mystery for me, curiosity abated... I can forget about those scumbags now and find another mystery to focus on

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Ph03n1x

So you would take a life if you can justify it, just as they did? NO, they should rot in jail for life. Remember they cannot commit suicide and they want someone to take their life so they can go to heaven with a prize of gadzillions of virgins! Don't give them what they want, keep them alive and let them try and avoid the showers !

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Ph03n1x

A soldier killed a soldier, such is the nature of war. It is sad, tragic and sensless but I'd hardly suggest we start hanging soldiers simply for killing each other.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

monkofmimir
reply to post by Ph03n1x

A soldier killed a soldier, such is the nature of war. It is sad, tragic and sensless but I'd hardly suggest we start hanging soldiers simply for killing each other.

These lunatic islamic radical terrorists are psychopaths, not soldiers. The poor innocent 'soldier' in his home land, out for a walk is brutally attacked and hacked together. No civil person would think that was simply the tragedy of war. It was an act of total disregard for human life, senseless and just another stimulus for Westerners' to oppose, and have no emphathy for the radical muslims who want to kill all infidels in the name of Allah.

May we never forget, 'an eye for an eye'. or more.....
edit on 19-12-2013 by ItDepends because: grammatical correction

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   

monkofmimir
reply to post by Ph03n1x

WTF? Soldier vs. Soldier? This wasn't on the battlefield this was a British soldier leaving his barracks unarmed in London, run down by a car and then beheaded in plain site by one of the men, whilst the other filmed it!

It was a cowardly attack against an unarmed man, it was sick and disgusting! Whatever, one believes about the wars in Iraq or Afghanistan, it is not for two men to target the first soldier they see and become judge, jury and executioners!

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ItDepends

We declared war on terrorism, which is simply a round about way of saying we declared war on the muslim that we disagree with (that arn't important allies at the moment.) forgive me if I'm mistaken but in a war you are allowed to fight back, no?

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
he's not a soldier, he's an extremist and a cowardly murderer..

Soldiers wear uniforms and abide by the geneva convention (mostly)........ you can't drive over an unarmed off duty soldier and then proceed to decapitate him in full view of the public and cctv in the middle of a busy london street in the middle of the day all the while citing religious ideology as a justification for your actions.. and then claim to be a soldier and the victim, a casualty of war....

And... the so called War on terror is nothing more than a propaganda tool... the war isn't about Terrorism it's about control of resources... anyone with half a brain knows this...

while i am on the topic of terrorism if you think destroying enemies and civilians alike from thousand of miles away using a drone program that effectively puts your enemies in the stone age by comparison, isn't terrorism then i don't know what you do consider terrorism
edit on 20/12/2013 by Ph03n1x because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Ph03n1x
And... the so called War on terror is nothing more than a propaganda tool... the war isn't about Terrorism it's about control of resources... anyone with half a brain knows this...

while i am on the topic of terrorism if you think destroying enemies and civilians alike from thousand of miles away using a drone program that effectively puts your enemies in the stone age by comparison, isn't terrorism then i don't know what you do consider terrorism
edit on 20/12/2013 by Ph03n1x because: (no reason given)

I completely agree with this.

However by your logic western soldiers are terrorists (or at least support terrorism) because they use drones but go up to an america soldier and tell him he is a terrorist and I'm sure you'll get a colourfull reaction.

Yes the war on terror certainly is a propaganda tool but it has many uses and one of the most common uses as you have astutely noticed is controling resouces but they have focused using mainly in the middle east against groups with similar ideoligies because they do want these resources and because they the muslim extremists are easy for your average westener to take a dislike to because of their beliefs (such as the treatment of women).

Because these groups are so frequently and openly targeted the war is effectivley against them whatever the root cause and longterm goals.

The geneva convention has only existed according to 1864 (and like you admit its aplication has been spotty at best) soldiers existed long before its signing and I'm sure will continue to exist in one form or other until long after it is forgoten by history. I fail to see it as a qualifier for being a soldier.

As for the point of religious ideology and soldiers they have often gone hand in hand, the crusades spring to mind.

As for him wearing a uniform, if this was the neapolionic era or earlier and people foungt wars out in the open by linging up in pretty little formations with armour glistening in the morning sun I would probably agree with you.

However time has shown that letting your enemy know who you are isn't always a good idea, the whole idea these day is not to be seen, and if your not seen what you wear is irrelivant.
Its not like snipers stand up before taking a headshot and shout down to there target "coo-eee, up here luv. I'm in the enemy army, see I got a pretty little insignia and everything."

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

monkofmimir
reply to post by Ph03n1x

You meant cowards killed a soldier right. Or are siding with punk psycho Islamic terrorist.

I certainly hope not, nothing brave, honorable, or soldier like for straight up murderer's.

The Bot

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

monkofmimir
reply to post by ItDepends

We declared war on terrorism, which is simply a round about way of saying we declared war on the muslim that we disagree with (that arn't important allies at the moment.) forgive me if I'm mistaken but in a war you are allowed to fight back, no?

It so happened that before, on, and after 9-11 I was working with and getting to know hundreds of muslims. I learned they were just like me. None of them felt like you do. Their god did not promise them virgins and was against killing innocents.

They called the radicals what they are, terrorist and murderers. The US was not seen as an enemy and even those who had lost loved ones understood it was not the fault of the soldiers but the terrorists.

This was a wide variety of people and from different countries and was the same with all of them and none of them felt the way you are talking. They disown the radicals, they disgrace their God and they don't call them muslims, they call them terrorist and murderers.

The Bot

new topics

top topics

join