It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's that time of year again: Christmas/Holiday bonuses?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

My three week paid vacation starts tomorrow. Only thing is I'll be traveling for almost 24 hours, across multiple timezones and across the international date line. All I know is that the rum is going to taste so sweet when I gets there, lol.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

Yes, for me. 85% of my potential bonus, which was a 5 digit figure in GBP. As i'm based in the UK, I get a standard 27 days holiday, not including public/bank holidays. NOt as good as some European countries, but definitely better than North America.

Having said that, I work for a private company with a global net worth over 1 trillion USD (includes all our funds and pension investments, etc)

My company is actually a really good place to work, even tho its boring finance, and to be honest, I've had an Xmas bonus every year I've been there, which is over 12 years. Some not always that great, some better than others - all depends on how the markets do.

But they do value their employees and do try to make people happy. I couldn't imagine what sort of bonus the high ranking executives made...

edit on 19-12-2013 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Nothing because my job was outsourced to China 6 months ago, Christmas is just another day now.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Wife: yes she got a bonus of about a half weeks pay.
Me: no... Cuz I own the place.
My employees: yes and no, I take them to a nice dinner with their families and they get a nice ham.

The nice dinner is about $150 a couple so it's not Denny's.
edit on 19-12-2013 by Hoosierdaddy71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Flash animated E-card from the CEO..
w00t!

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

The company I used to work for gave me a $100 dollar debit card 18 days after I was hired. And I was part-time at that! Great company, but a lousy HR dept. After I got hurt at work, the companies HR denied my claim saying that I hurt myself at home. I even have statements from my boss and fellow co-workers stating that I was hurt at work.

Now it's all tied up in the court. They've spent more money on lawyers than they would have helping to pay the hospital bill.

But now that I can't work until, if ever, I heal...every day I go from horizontal to vertical is a bonus in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Hoosierdaddy71
The nice dinner is about $150 a couple so it's not Denny's.

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

That's a very nice gesture. I said previously we don't get a Christmas bonus, but I should clarify - we do have a very nice Christmas event including an overnight stay with spouse or significant other, half day travel time, dinner, breakfast, party with open bar. I'm not sure what it costs, but I'm sure it's over $150.

My question is, have you ever asked your employees if they'd rather have the $150? If I had the option, I'd take half the cost of my attendance at our event instead.

For logistical reasons, I haven't attended the event the past 2 years, anyway. If they threw me a $100 bone, it wouldn't have hurt my feelings.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Not a Christmas bonus, but we had yearly reviews in September. I got an appreciated raise, and, a retention bonus. The retention bonus is payable next year after 6 more months of service. I will have my 12 year anniversary in February.

Not all employees were given the retention bonus, only loyal ones that have worked with the company for a certain period of time.

Still, it is the first time it has ever been done. And, the raise was a nice percentage.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
My husband has worked his job for 9 years..he got:

one small bag of candy..(chocolates and some candy canes)

One box of King Arthur Pancake mix.....

Yep...that's about it..

He used to get at least 500 bucks bonus....the past 4 years have been zilch.........

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

I've asked before and gotten mixed responses. My wife talks to the other wives and they like the dinner. I think some of the guys are to cheap to take their wives to a nice place to eat so the girls look foreword to going out. The guys would probable spend the money on something else. Sometimes married people don't communicate.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Hoosierdaddy71

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Either way, it's a great and commendable thing to do. You're right if i had the cash, I'd probably spend it on her but it wouldn't be $100+ on a dinner. We communicate enough that neither of us see the sense in that. It cuts into the liquor budget.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
We typically get bonuses in March or so, if they are to come, but always have a weird relationship with the rest of the company in that way.

Now, as far as raises are concerned, no one got one of those this year. We're still fighting that one, as the performance of our part of the company is not really linked to the performance of the rest of the company, due to some enterprising moves on our part by being a service provider and outside sales generator as well as the tech development shop for the rest of the company. (And the last year was actually quite good for us.)

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Nothing wrong with a little liquid marital aid.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Well I got a rock really

it a 2 by 3 inch by 1 " deep
It a peace of Canadian Kimberlite from our open pit mine
But we do get a production bonus ever 3 month between 1,000 to 3,000
so not too bad I just
edit on 19-12-2013 by Trillium because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
4%, not too bad.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
No bonus, and no raise six years in a row. I do get paid time off with the family though, so no complaints there. I know there are many that have to work right through the holidays, such as our soldiers, firedepartments, and police departments. I know there are many others as well, such as those in the service industry like cooks, waitors and the like. To all of you that must work, thank you for what you do!

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

I was going to have an in-ground pool installed in the back yard...based on previous years' bonuses...
But - you guessed it - a one year subscription to the Jelly Of The Month Club...
...the gift that keeps giving...

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
No bonus, though a got a healthy five figure relocation amount to start my new job (been at it for almost 3 weeks)!

And a free iPhone, laptop.

Me luvs my job!

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
No bonus, not ever, not since my early days of employment saw a raise every anniversary and that never came to fruition for 3 or 4 months after the fact and then taxes took most of that, as there has been no raise for 5+ years Cost of Living does not stop, but i still have a job and hope to be retired in less than 2 and hope the last agreement i see does not make my retirement postpone. So looking forward to it...getting harder and harder to put my best foot forward and not say see ya, been fun. But unfortunately i don't thing the golden years will be easy.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Me? Nothing. I'm just a lowly part-timer.

Husband ... He's been with the company for 14 years and has a three week pto stay-cay going on right now. They are giving all the employees, top to bottom, a $50 gift card. They don't do Christmas bonuses, but they do have an annual performance bonus every spring based partially on overall company performance and individual performance. By the time Uncle Sam takes his cut, we see maybe half of that.

Really, we've been told that husband works for one of the few decent companies out there. It's German based.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join