It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man vs. Woman MMA Match In Brazil Dec 20

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   

AliceBleachWhite
reply to post by FlySolo

most violent crime is already perpetrated against women already.

Well according to the U.S. Department of Justice, that's a lie. Matter of fact, males make up the majority of victims of violent crimes.
www.bjs.gov...
www.bjs.gov...
edit on 12/20/2013 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   

trollz

Well according to the U.S. Department of Justice, that's a lie.
www.bjs.gov...

It's nice to select a report that illustrates Homicides, and only Homicides.
Being selective about one's statistics is a time honored debate tradition and all, especially where one might have a bias.
I'm willing to overlook that mistake and give you another chance.
Would you like to tell us what the statistics say in regard to violent crime against women overall?
Here, I'll even provide some links:
Bureau of Justice Statistics - Female Victims of Violence
Bureau of Justice Statistics - Female Victims of Violent Crime
US Department of Justice - 10 Facts On Female Victims of Violence

In 2008, females age 12 or older were five times more likely than males age 12 or older to be victims of intimate partner violence.
In 2007 intimate partners committed 14% of all homicides in the U.S.
The total estimated number of intimate partner homicide victims in 2007 was 2,340, including 1,640 females and 700 males.
Females made up 70% of victims killed by an intimate partner in 2007, a proportion that has changed very little since 1993.
Females are generally murdered by people they know. In 64% of female homicide cases in 2007, females were killed by a family member or intimate partner.
The overall rate of female homicides fell 43% between 1993 and 2007.
Between 1993 and 2008 the rate of rape or sexual assault against females declined by 70% (from 4.7 to 1.4 per 1,000 females age 12 or older). The rate of rape or sexual assault against males declined by 36% between 1993 and 2008 (from 0.5 to 0.3 per 1,000 males age 12 or older).
One in five rape or sexual assaults against females (20%) was committed by an intimate partner.
During a 12-month period in 2005 and 2006, an estimated 3.4 million persons age 18 or older were victims of stalking.
Females were at higher risk of stalking victimization than males. During the study period, females experienced 20 stalking victimizations per 1,000 females age 18 or older. The rate of stalking victimization for males was approximately 7 per 1,000 males age 18 or older.

Hmmm? This information does come from the same source you cited.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by trollz

That was not a fight
The Woman was a masochist and the guy seems like he has some Mummy issues, he was not holding back at all even though she didnt get in a punch. That woman should not have been there, she may be tough but shes no fighter

This chick however (couldnt find a decent version in English, sorry)

I was taught never hit a lady, in my personal experience ladies dont hit people either.
If someone, ANYONE, physically attacks you have the right to hit back and race,religion, social status even gender be damned in my book.

That said Ill watch the fight and hope she kicks his ass

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

AliceBleachWhite
reply to post by FlySolo

I think some of that needs be put in perspective that most violent crime is already perpetrated against women already.

I'm not so sure about that. How many men report getting beat by their significant other? Not much.

Further, there's a distinction to be made between well trained athletes putting on an exhibition sports competition display and real life.
Some people can't tell the difference, or seem to have a difficult time in doing so.

I certainly hope that wasn't supposed to be a subtle dig at me.

ETA: just noticed this today, case in point. Look at this woman flailing away at a male security officer in front of her kids. Then she gets zapped. Clearly, this is violence against men and clearly this happens way more often than not. Also, I would like to add, how many times have you seen a woman slap a man on tv or in the movies? How often do you see it the other way around? Hmm, think about that before you come here and say violence is more often men on women. Think about how the entertainment industry still condones women slapping men to their audience. That's the mind set women are still in.

edit on 20-12-2013 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

AliceBleachWhite
It's nice to select a report that illustrates Homicides, and only Homicides.

Right, since the first link I provided showed statistics specifically for all violent crime.

"Rate of violent victimization, by demographic characteristics of victims, 2003, 2011, and 2012"
Sex: Male/Female
Violent Crime (Includes rape or sexual assault, robbery, aggravated assault, and simple assault)
2003: 34.6/29.7
2011: 25.5/19.8
2012: 29.1/23.3
Serious Violent Crime (Includes rape or sexual assault, robbery, and aggravated assault)
2003: 10.2/9.9
2011: 7.7/6.7
2012: 9.4/6.6

Is that specific enough for you, as opposed to your intimate partner statistics? For each year shown, men were more likely to be victims of violent crime. And that's from the original link I provided, by the way.
edit on 12/20/2013 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Sorry folks, the fight has been canceled.

A "man vs. woman" fight that was expected to take place at Shooto 45 is officially canceled, according to a report from MMAFighting.com. Emerson Falcao, who has just one fight in his career, was expected to face Juliana Velasquez in her first professional bout on Friday night (Dec. 20, 2013) in Brazil (details).

Looks like Falcao has 'injured' himself during training...

coincidentally, Falcao announced that he suffered an injury in training and was unable to fight, but according to Shooto Brazil President Andre Pederneiras (via MMA Fighting), the fight was still on despite the injury.

Link
edit on 20-12-2013 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join