It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School Tries To Silence Fifth-Grader’s Speech On Religion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
When I first read the headline, I thought we were in for a "right to religion in school" hot-air fest. Turns out it's about a kid that did some critical thinking and made some assessments. Which is the point-being able to think for oneself, discuss topics like religion, even in school. This kid is head-and-shoulders above the typical 5th grader (a non-scientific personal observation). He didn't bash religion, just cited a few references to support his observations.

From the article:

Zachary Golob-Drake is the kind of kid any school would be proud to have representing it. And last week, the Tampa, Fla., fifth-grader won a first place blue ribbon in a class contest for his speech about how to make the world “a better place.” He was then set to deliver that speech to his entire fourth and fifth grade, and, if he did well, go on to represent his school at the regional 4-H Tropicana Public Speech contest. Instead, the boy says the school tried to strip him of his prize and block him from sharing his speech with the school.

Link To Article

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Sorry bro, been done

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by eggman90

I haven't read or listened to his speech yet but will probably get to it eventually . I am not sure if it's a pro religion but I am almost hoping that he brings truth to the floor ..Religion in many ways has a ton of baggage ,much like science and so we are left to sift the chaff out of the reality of truth ..I guess if you are interested in finding out the truth we all have to take a position to make our own assessment .To go willy nilly in any one direction is not the best policy to make for ones self . ..peace

edit on 18-12-2013 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by eggman90

Great story, F&S for you

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

iRoyalty
Sorry bro, been done

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Oops, thanks!

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Accurate, Unbiased and Expert ADMISSION TIMES (AT) counseling will endow with everything you need to know about studying at a university abroad. Admission Times (AT) international’s high quality and its “One-stop” service, which have made it an extremely valuable study abroad resource entity.
admissiontimes.com...

top topics

join