It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama, family & dog leaving on $4 million Hawaiian Vacation

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Obama could go on vacation until his term ends, and he still wouldn't rack up as much vaca time as Bush. And, by the way, there is no Health Care debate. The ACA is law. End of debate.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

One of the main problems here is entitlement attitudes that are disgusting.

The other part of the problem is accountability and being in touch with the world around him, which is not the case.

Anyone trying to justify this behavior with facts, comparisons, and figures need a reality check.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

TownCryer
Obama could go on vacation until his term ends, and he still wouldn't rack up as much vaca time as Bush. And, by the way, there is no Health Care debate. The ACA is law. End of debate.

Oh yeah, Obama just calls it working travel tours. And then if his old lady wants to go somewhere she just borrows an empty plane from the Air Force.

It’s not just the President who has been racking up the miles—and the bills. Taxpayers also cover the costs when the First Lady travels, and travel she does! Ms. Obama has been to Ireland, Africa, Western Europe, and Copenhagen on the taxpayers’ dime, likely flying on a C-40B or C, which costs between $19,755 and $26,936 per hour, or at times the larger C-32 passenger jet, which costs taxpayers a whopping $42,936 per hour. Source

Off Topic - obamacare may be law, but it doesn't work, is failing (big time) and being a law can be overturned. We'll get there, not to worry.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Southern Guardian
As president you're going to get perks including Obama to the dismay of many conservatives. It's just reality. None of you seemed to care back then so there's really no real reason for you to suddenly care now, aside from partisan BS as per usual.

As some people just hate Obama for who he is, Obama Derangement Syndrome is very strong in some people. Just think of all that money going to the economy of Hawaii!

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised that care & petting for the dogs alone costs more than all the money I spent on vacations this year.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

Obama Derangement Syndrome is very strong in some people.

Hey that's pretty good!

DEFINITION;
    Obama Derangement Syndrome:

A feeling of hopelessness and frustration caused by;

1. Constant lying and deciet from the POTUS. Note: Applies to US citizens (but may spread.)
    2. That feeling of frustration at being unable to secure valid work over 29 hours per week.
    3. The empty feeling of going to bed hungry (see # 2.)

I'm sure there's more.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Phage
Is the President wealthy? I guess that would depend somewhat on your point of view.

The point is, no matter who the President is, it costs us quite a bit for him to be him. Whether or not he's "on vacation". Which, I think, he never really is.

Agreed that it is a point of view. I am not arguing that he should not vacation. My argument is that he has constantly and frequently made evident that others of "wealth" (in which, we apparently agree is a matter of point of view), shouldn't have such perception or even chastised them for that.

I do not care who is in the White House; I will hold them accountable for what they say and how they act. It is the military in me I guess; perception is everything and when that perception doesn't add up to reality, it makes me question.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

This story can't be right. All the obamas are going on the same plane? Didn't see anything mentioned about the mother-in-law going or the second dog, are they staying in DC?

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Merry Christmas, Mr & Mrs Obama. Gee, I hope saying 'Christmas' doesn't offend you too much, and if it does,,,deal with it! This is just a little note to you and yours wishing you a very merry holiday season. Just one thing though, SIR, while you are sitting at the dinner table with all the lovely scents of the holiday dinner and deserts wafting to your little nose,,,please be aware that along with myself, there is approximately 1.3 MILLION good people out there who will be spending there Christmas stressing Bad over the fact that on Dec 28 2013 they will be cut off from the only source of income that is allowing them to just barely get by. I realize that shutting down the government again is just not an option according to what we have been told, and that in order to gain some kind of control on the ever growing debt of this once great country, harsh decisions need to be made,but why should those who are struggling the most have to be the martyrs for that choice? Look, Mr President, we know you can do better than that! Remember when you were 1st elected, and how so many people cried because you promised them HOPE,,and CHANGE??? well now they are crying again! I can only hope that while you are enjoying your Christmas dinner that you are so overcome by such a realization of what you have done and how many people you have hurt,,,, that you choke.

Merry Christmas Asshole!!

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   

hellobruce
As some people just hate Obama for who he is, Obama Derangement Syndrome is very strong in some people.

Seems reasonable, given that who he is determines what he does, and what he does, seemingly, is run a country into the ground while serving a bloated bevy of elite scum who care not at all for the folks that got hooked on the hopium.

Just think of all that money going to the economy of Hawaii!

I imagine it's much less than all the money being lost by the disruption of business as usual.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

I heard this on some talk radio show today. When they said the part about $4 mil being on the taxpayers dime, I got a little sick to my stomach.

It's just disgusting. How do you even spend that much on a vacation? The real question is, how do you spend that much money on a vacation when the country you're supposed to represent has a record high foodstamp enrollment , millions of people losing their homes, etc?? Then you use THEIR MONEY, and flaunt it in their face.

And there's people that STILL defend him, and think he's the greatest president ever!

Unbelievable.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by Bassago

These folks are living the life of extravagant luxury why a large portion of the country goes hungry.

Just out of curiosity. Sports stars and Hollywood actors. They make millions and millions. Is it okay or not okay for them to be living luxuriously? I know this is tangent. Again, just curious.

Wow, such a bad comparison! Do these actors forces you and take half of what you make every year to pay for these vacations? I guess not. You have a choice to go or not to go see their movies or whatever they do. Please compare apples with apples sir.

Peace out.
edit on 19-12-2013 by bigwig22 because: typos

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I don't see what the problem is, Obama has been on an extended vacation since he was sworn in 5 years ago!!!!!

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
This makes me sick, I haven't had a vacation in years..and when I did go on vacation it was probably not considered a vacation by most people's standards. Oh well guess I'm just jelly..

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

The 'reality check' is that no matter what Obama does, some people are going to find fault - which is the nature of his job. Comparing his performance to the previous Presidents' is natural. As fas as vacations are concerned, Obama is way below the impressive PTO Bush racked up. So, in that sence anyway, Obama is an improvement.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

If you had all Obama's problems you would be on vacation too.

Heck he could of been killed by the sign language dude.

His security looks like bunch of fool's.

I haven;t had a vacation in 30 years!

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

I tried to read this whole topic from beginning, but arguments are just becoming silly and more silly along the way...

After we have facts that President is taking less vacation then his predecessors, that his security and well being as well AF1 cost money regardless where he is, now its a question if he should take a trip because his numbers are SO LOW and bad start with ACA.

Thinking about this, wonder if Bush should EVER take vacation day. Speaking of our favorite president, here are some interesting numbers: President Bush by the numbers

Wonder what is next... I bet that his hairstylist cost more...
edit on 19-12-2013 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperFrog

Thinking about this, wonder if Bush should EVER take vacation day.

Maybe, maybe not. One thing we can be sure of is Bush never canceled a safari because he required a military sniper team in case of "lion and cheetah" attacks (and just looked plain ridiculous.)

White House cancels Obama's African safari after plans are revealed to include a military SNIPER team 'to take out lions and cheetahs if they threaten first couple'

But who knows, maybe Obama's "lion and cheetah" Sniper-SWAT team put him over budget that time.

Nah....

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
If you STILL support Obama, you might be mentally retarded.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Not to mention the obnoxious Obama Selfie at the Nelson Memorial event. Black or white it does't matter they are all the same.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join