It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ethan Couch The boy who killed 4 people

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
By now a lot of you have heard about the 16 year old boy (man?), that killed 4 people and seriously injured 2 more in a drunk driving incident. He was later sentenced to 1 year rehabilitation and 10 years probation for his actions.

The defense got Ethan off almost unscathed compared to what most people in that situation would have faced. They used the excuse "affluenza", to sum up means he doesn't know better because he parents didn't raise him to be an actual citizen, just someone who lives above them. Yes, I interjected my own opinion into defining it.

But if the defense really got him out of almost all the trouble he faced because his parents didn't teach him that killing people was bad, isn't it the parents fault for raising an unsheathed weapon?

The only way this kid should have gotten the punishment he has gotten is if his parent were being charged for the murders of these people through neglect.

I am so curious why there isn't protests over # like this. You'd think a collapsing economy would point people into the right direction but we just seem to like watching our society fall.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Antipathy17

I know what I would do to the person if I ever got within arms reach.
I sure hope there is at least one person in the victims family with a certain skillset.
This thing done by crooks should not go unpunished.
The attorneys and judge should suffer the same as well.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

officially the boy suffers from a unique condition called 'Affluenza

Simply put, Couch, 16, claims that his condition stemmed from having wealthy, privileged parents who never set limits for him.

Judge Jean Boyd sentenced him Tuesday to 10 years of probation but no jail time, saying she would work to find him a long-term treatment facility.

Source for the quote

Anyway this sad little boy due to his wealth and privilege has no real understanding that's he's done something wrong... But fear not... better minds than mine or yours already have a solution and a cure

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
So jail each of the parents for 20 years each.

Ethan's affluenza problem solved.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I know the case sickens me.

I hate capital punishment and viglatism but in this case i make a exception.

You should lynch the kid AND judge.

Send a clear message, that equality before the law is vital and a two tier system for rich and poor back and white ect is wrong. If the system is broken then why should the public trust or work within it?
edit on 17-12-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
So, in essence, they are saying being raised rich leaves you without morals or a conscience thus allowing a made up term describing spoiled rich kids get away with (literally) murder??

Holy f$@#.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I wonder if "afluenza" would also apply to those who live at the lowest economic scale?

It can be said that they grew up in an environment where the law does not apply to them as well.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

beezzer

I wonder if "afluenza" would also apply to those who live at the lowest economic scale?

It can be said that they grew up in an environment where the law does not apply to them as well.

Give it time.

Anything so that TPTB can screw over the middle classes!

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

I can say I've never been rich because my fatal flaw is I'm a nice guy... I take care of the very few people who work for me,(4) I don't just treat them like family, to me they are family...

To be rich you gotta be ruthless, step over your wounded, knock down a few old ladies and blind yourself to minor annoyances like decency, morality, and compassion for your fellow man.

Trust me... I went to school with Gavin and Joe Maloof, knew their old man too... they didn't get where they are by being nice guys

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

beezzer

Already happening Beez...it comes under the heading of racism to prosecute some from poverty crime ridden areas of our society. Our new PC guidelines even make it non PC to state the race of a Perp in the media these days.

Our Judicial system is no longer based on justice...it's based on what is or is not PC for the current times.

JMOHO...

Des

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I am curious if something opposite happened here. What if a poor boy that has been raised to no better of a standard happened to do this? How would the law handle a situation like this. Like the case where the man got 25 years to life for stealing one slice of pizza from a kid. His crime was compared to rape or molesting a child! Check this out!

www.sfgate.com...

I understand it was under a 3 strike law and what not, but look at the lady getting 70 years or so for being a thief as well. I am starting to worry that this country is turning into. I am sad to say I am slowly starting to be ashamed of my country and fear for the world my child will be growing up in...

I hope this spoiled little puke gets a swift karmatic kick to the dick! I am sorry I don't usually wish horrible things on people, but people have lost their loved ones.... God has no words for the retaliation that would happen to the person that took my loved ones off this earth... There is no justice here and the kid wont learn from this either.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Existing thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Lucid Lunacy

Existing thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Na this ones slightly diffrent. Well its another way to bash the little brat.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

But if the defense really got him out of almost all the trouble he faced because his parents didn't teach him that killing people was bad, isn't it the parents fault for raising an unsheathed weapon?

Way too many variables involved to attribute blame to parents. Both genetic and environmental. Surely we could say parents are a co-factor. It certainly sounds that way! Still, way too many variables. Think about the exposure that teen had to other adults and kids and media in his lifetime. What about all the wonderful parents who raised killers despite solid parenting. It happens. Sometimes bad apples drop from a good tree.

The fault should be put on him alone. The defense seems weak to me :/
edit on 17-12-2013 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

beezzer

You mean you haven't seen it yet?

There was a case in our city where two poor youths ordered some Chinese takeout. When the delivery driver came with their food, they murdered him brutally ... just 'cause. Oh, and then they ate their takeout.

Our paper ran the story front page accompanied by a front page editorial explaining how they weren't really at fault because they were simply products of their environment. In essence, it was society's fault that they murdered him.

Now, unlike this kid, they didn't get off, but someone did attempt to make the affluenza argument for them, and they aren't the only ones we see it get made for. They just get public defenders instead of the slick, high-profile trial lawyers this kid got.

No, affluenza exists for everyone except the middle class suckers. We're the only ones who actually are dumb enough to take responsibility for ourselves anymore.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
He should've been made into affluent dog food.

All I can say is I hope he gets his.

top topics

join