It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New weapon at Ft. Sill.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I live very close to ft. Sill. Last few days I started hearing a strange noise. Like a tuba mixed with a truck or a jet engine. The weird thing was that the sound didn't trail off like it would have, were it a jet or something.
Instead, it just suddenly stopped.

Yesterday, I caught sight of whatever it's shooting. I've never seen anything like it. It's a bright red line, at a 45 degree angle in the sky, which has white flashes of light all over it. It's not a beam of light, because it ends at a point instead of dissipating.

When the red line goes away, it goes back down as if it were being reeled in.

Anybody know what it is? I don't even know if it's a weapon.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Also, it only lasts for 2-4 seconds and comes at seemingly random intervals, which is normal for weapon tests out here.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

Is it possible for you to get a shot of it either by camera/video. Sound would be good too.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by bally001

I would, it's just really hard because it only lasts for a couple seconds.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Be a very interesting video if you did get hold of the shot. Any particular time of the day/night. Set a camera up perhaps mate.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   

That sounds very similar to what a friend of mine and I heard a couple summers back. His dog even seemed confused by it; looking up at the sky and all around.
Did you happen to feel the sound inside your body? Almost resonating
I dont remember seeing the lights unfortunately

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I'm about 40-50 miles away from Lawton. I'll be keeping my eyes in the sky toward that area. Doubt I will see anything through the light pollution of OKC, but It's worth a shot.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

I don't live in town, unfortunately. I wouldn't be able to see it from my place. I saw it while standing in line at the theater in town. I can hear it from my house which is probably 20+ miles from where they're firing.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by YoungSkid

Not that I've noticed, it does seem to come from all around, but that could easily be sound bouncing off the Wichita mountains just west of me.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by 59demon

It doesn't seem to be large enough to see that far away. I venture you could see it from the interstate north of Elgin though, like you could when they used to test MLRS out there.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Hello. Long time lurker, first time poster. Based on you description, I think you are describing a Counter Rocket, Artillery, Mortar (C-RAM) system. It's not really a new weapon exactly. It was originally designed to defend ships from anti-ship missiles/low flying aircraft (CIWS) but has been retrofitted for land based use. Please see the Youtube videos to see if it looks similar to what you saw.

edit on 15-12-2013 by TexasMines because: Videos not working

edit on 15-12-2013 by TexasMines because: 2nd video needed adjusment

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TexasMines

Sorry, Not workin for me TM.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   

I think I got them working. Thanks for the heads up.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Just look for posters that sign up to post in this thread and then disappear (usually after just one post). Whatever they say it is - it wont be.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   

dainoyfb

Just look for posters that sign up to post in this thread and then disappear (usually after just one post). Whatever they say it is - it wont be.

Are you directing that towards me?

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by TexasMines

Yes. Welcome to ATS, where the guy who is right must be wrong because everything is a conspiracy. Your video shows what he described to a T.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by dainoyfb

My goodness. Those are excellent vids. How cool are they??? Have to check these and similar vids out. Cheers.

Bally.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Haha, thanks. I guess I should have expected that. I've visited this site for quite a while and see how some folks are, especially to the newbies. I just finally felt like I have some real, firsthand knowledge on a subject so I thought I would contribute. Of course, I must be a paid shill trying to hide the evidence of out new anti-UFO particle beam weapon.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   

TexasMines

dainoyfb

Are you directing that towards me?

No, just in general. It has been happening a lot in military tech threads here.

Coincidentally you posted just before me. That's really ironic actually!

Your video fits the description quite well.

edit on 16-12-2013 by dainoyfb because: I Added last line to post.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   

It's a pretty cool system. I won't bore you all with the details on here, but there's a ton of information on these weapons on the net.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join