It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why have children?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Since my spiritual awakening happened I have seen my outer world become darker and darker. It seems to be drawing closer to the Apocalypse and the Singularity. I think this is a positive thing.

I have been thinking about "as above so below" and I have a hypothesis that is that the more I enlighten myself, the more I seek truth, the closer my outer world draws to the Apocalypse. That the Internet, the smartphones, and all the technology in my outer world, and all of the police state, is coming about because of me, it's a mirror of the part of myself that I am getting rid of in this process of spiritual evolution. I think this is what it means to be Noah on the ark, floating on the rising water. I'm Noah and the police state is the rising water.

I used to care about trying to find a girl. I was always very unsuccessful. This is something I have come to realize is actually a blessing. This is in Zohar, which is part of Kabbalah:

Since the nature with which we are born is absolute egoism, man does not feel the spiritual point in his heart. However, at some point in one of his reincarnations, man begins to gradually strive towards attainment of the causes of life, its evaluation; he yearns to attain himself, his source, just as you do right now. Man’s aspiration to the Creator is precisely this aspiration to attain his origin. Man’s discontent in life often helps him in this search, when there’s nothing that appeals to him in his surroundings. Such circumstances are sent from Above in order for man to start feeling an empty point in his heart, and to stimulate in him the desire to fulfill it.

This is exactly where I'm at. I have gotten all the rejection from women, and humanity at large. I have hated and been depressed. And I have seen the light and my blessing and the purpose of it all. Now I only care about spirituality and nothing in the material world interests me one bit. And I feel that my incarnation is drawing to a close, hence why my outer world is becoming very Orwellian very fast, which I see as a good thing.

So why would I want to have a wife and children? What purpose would that serve? And why would I want to place children into an absolute nightmare of a world?

I'm a hermit, and proud of it!
edit on 351231Sun, 15 Dec 2013 05:35:37 -0600201337pAmerica/Chicago2013-12-15T05:35:37-06:0031 by introspectionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Well children are just the most precious gift you can have. You want to try it. It may just shift some of the darkness..And what ever you do don't listen to the smiths lol...

edit on 12 15 2013 by TheDoctor46 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by introspectionist

My view on this subject has nothing to do with spirituality but with the meaning of life. In that you can include spirituality but there is no clear factual correlation. If you look to all creation the first imperative is survival and the second reproduction and the third the pursuit of pleasure (the higher in the chain of life you are the more important that ultimate goal becomes) all life is hardwired to operate in that faction.

When I say pleasure it is the general sense, happiness and all other things that fell good and positive, and the contrast is the instinct avoidance to pain an misery, even lower animals will override the first imperative for the third and the second.

Since as we understand it we are at the top of the chain, we have the capacity to rationalize some of the instinctual and behavioral processes and with it comes a greater sense of responsibility not only to your legacy (the ones that made your existence possible) but also towards your progeny. Reproduction is the immortality of the gene and so that is why it is important, not only to the species but to any great design that may exist...

edit on 15-12-2013 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDoctor46

Maybe the reason you feel that way is because in your private cosmos you haven't reached that stage that the quote from Zohar talks about.

Also, Jesus in the Bible didn't have any children. I wonder what that means...

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   

as a married man with no kids because i don't want to bring my children into where i'm living now i'm with my wife just simply because she and i genuinely feel a very deep love within eachother. i was 21 when i met her and before then i was all like "i have a feeling i am going to die alone" until one day at guitar center, there she was, and there i was. try a guitar center

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Panic2k11

That sounds a lot like the tree of life with the chakras. Is it necessary to cater to the lower chakras in all instances? Can you not skip the survival, the sex etc. and aim straight for the godhead, once you have had a spiritual awakening and want to submit to God? Jesus died on the cross, killed by Jews, I have been thinking a lot about what that really means...

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Thanks for sharing your story, It all seems to make some kind of sense. You seem to be clear about your choices what I dont understand is why you ask about a wife and children at the end, If you are proud and have made your mind up then its clear. Leaving children aside, how about having a partner that could challenge you to look at life in a new way? You don't have to spend eternity together, but a few years could be beneficial. Put your focus to the test, you will only come out the other end of the journey better.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I want to read the post and reply but I wanted to start with my first impression of the title. Why have Children? That's a tough question to answer as an outsider. I personally wanted to wait till 30 to have kids but I am 25 with a 2 year old son (Logan
). I really can't give you a reason to have kids. Again I didn't want a child so early... but when you hold YOUR baby for the first time, or the first time he tells you he loves you... You can't feel any more like you've done right with your life and need to keep doing so. I'd chop off both my arms right now if it really came down to my sons life... No exaggeration. My son deserves a life in which he can make his own, i'll make the sacrifices I can to give him that.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Also, your post implies the material world is all there is. I sure hope there's more than this cesspool.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   

introspectionist

I know one thing the outter world holds that you seem to care one big bit about. Computers, internet and this site.....

If they did not you would no be here posting, so rethink you place in the cosmos and do try to enjoy the little pleasures life has to offer....

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   

to look in the eyes of the one i truly love is the only peace i grant myself
edit on 15-12-2013 by rockoperawriter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Ummm kids happen. We're in it for the sex. Not the answer you're looking for.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   

It called procreation and arguably the reason for your existence. Its also how one ensures there line continues, plus there heads smell fabulous!
LoL
edit on 15-12-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DogMeat

Yeah but so does surveillance and drones. The way I see it that is what science leads to. Science and war are intimately connected. That is what the Age of Enlightenment is about, and that is what biting the apple is about. I want to be a passive observer and thinker. Everone else can knock themselves out climbing career ladders, working in scientific research, fighting wars etc. etc. These people enlighten me. That's what the cosmos provides me, but that doesn't mean I want to contribute. This is what Jews are all about, I have come to realize. The force is out there, and the Jews are channeling it for the purpose of enlightening humanity. I have reached enough enlightenment to not want to strive for anything anymore, other than more spirituality. I thank God for giving me the Jews and all the Christians that kill each other in the process of enlightenment.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Well your faith may depend on what makes you individually happy but does it negate your biological imperatives (and so any force you think may be behind them). I could go in more detail but it would be too personal. In any case I'm a pantheist in my view of God I'm part of it, like a finger in a hand, that view satisfies my spiritual side and provides a rationalization for my reality and purpose. I exist as a sensor of the godhead, without any individualized purpose or significance I do not believe in after life (and never in a way that I will be preserved as an individual) my individual contribution to all are my genes and what I do in life (by adding or subtracting).

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Also, your post implies the material world is all there is. I sure hope there's more than this cesspool.

I wish I could have faith in that but I do not. I can hope but at the same time see that all indications are to the contrary, consider the complexity involved in preserving you as yourself beyond this one experience... All indication is that the design is simpler than that...

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   

To me it's the opposite. To me all indications are to that this world is not all there is, and that it is only some kind of shadow of something else. I resonate with Socrates in what I feel the indications are to:

In several dialogues, most notably the Republic, Socrates inverts the common man's intuition about what is knowable and what is real. While most people take the objects of their senses to be real if anything is, Socrates is contemptuous of people who think that something has to be graspable in the hands to be real. In the Theaetetus, he says such people are "eu a-mousoi", an expression that means literally, "happily without the muses" (Theaetetus 156a). In other words, such people live without the divine inspiration that gives him, and people like him, access to higher insights about reality. Socrates's idea that reality is unavailable to those who use their senses is what puts him at odds with the common man, and with common sense. Socrates says that he who sees with his eyes is blind, and this idea is most famously captured in his allegory of the cave, and more explicitly in his description of the divided line. The allegory of the cave (begins Republic 7.514a) is a paradoxical analogy wherein Socrates argues that the invisible world is the most intelligible ("noeton") and that the visible world ("(h)oraton") is the least knowable, and the most obscure. Socrates says in the Republic that people who take the sun-lit world of the senses to be good and real are living pitifully in a den of evil and ignorance. Socrates admits that few climb out of the den, or cave of ignorance, and those who do, not only have a terrible struggle to attain the heights, but when they go back down for a visit or to help other people up, they find themselves objects of scorn and ridicule. According to Socrates, physical objects and physical events are "shadows" of their ideal or perfect forms, and exist only to the extent that they instantiate the perfect versions of themselves. Just as shadows are temporary, inconsequential epiphenomena produced by physical objects, physical objects are themselves fleeting phenomena caused by more substantial causes, the ideals of which they are mere instances.

I'm also interested in Kabbalah, and I think they speak about this world being only one of several worlds. The thing with the Kabbalah is that it seems to me to be massive. But it interests me nevertheless. Remains to be seen how much of it I will care about before I die. But since pretty much nothing other than spirituality interests me I wouldn't be surprised if something like Kabbalah is what I will spend my time with for a big part of my life, which might end soon anyway. I work like a slave though so it might take forever to do any work of significance.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

If procreation is the primary reason for my existence, how am I different from bacteria?
edit on 491231Sun, 15 Dec 2013 06:49:02 -0600201302pAmerica/Chicago2013-12-15T06:49:02-06:0031 by introspectionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   

What makes you think you are any different from bacteria? We could not survive without bacteria and Humanity does indeed resembles a virus in many ways!

Infinite diversity in infinite combinations sums it up rather well I think.

Remember its all about perspective!

edit on 15-12-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   

tryin to wrap my head around your thoughts here...

You say all your interested in is spirituality... yet I see more conspiracies then anything else...

You're in the right place though....

IF you have the time, look this over one night...

The story...

reluctant-messenger.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join