It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why have children?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

I think that humanity only resembles a virus when one sees this world as all there is. From Socrates' perspective, where this world is only a shadow of something else, an epiphenomenon, the world looks very different. Everything begins to make sense as opposed to in the materialist worldview, in which I certainly would want to kill myself.

I used to never understand what it means that "Jesus died on the cross so that we don't have to". It seemed to make no sense whatsoever. I think it means that you don't have to be afraid of what people can do to you, or what the material world can do to you, if you believe in God and submit to God. You will be protected, in other words you will be Noah and you will be getting on that ark floating up to the heavens. That's why I don't care for politics one bit anymore. (even though I think politics certainly can be interesting, especially related to religion)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by introspectionist

The allegory of the cave eh? I pondered that particular conundrum many a time myself. Personally i feel the holographic universe theory is probably closer to the mark but then again I imagine Plato did not exactly have access to advanced mathematics or quantum theory.

As i said it's all about perspective. Not touching the religious mumbo jumbo im afraid because Gods probably not what we think. All organised religion is nothing but vanity If you are indeed spiritually awakened then you will already know this.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 15-12-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I didn't want to have children, but I just couldn't stand the thought of my grandchildren not having parents.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Not sure where you see more conspiracies than anything else.

I think that conspiracies and the observation of the outer world and everything in it goes hand in hand with any form of spirituality. I also think that your outer world is where the Holy Spirit primarily manifests. I believe in understanding the shadow. I do not subscribe to the view of many New Age people that avoid those dark topics like a contagious disease, I think that is to do yourself a disservice. I don't think that you should spend too much energy and time on the negative things, but I also think you're doing yourself a disservice by avoiding it altogether. When someone mentions Illuminati to Bashar he raises his voice and says stop. I don't believe in that approach or philosophy. You're just going to halt your spiritual evolution that way. I have instead spent quite a bit of time researching those topics, and I'm happy to say that it has led me to believe that all evil is for our good, and that the Zionists are for our good, the wars, the surveillance, and the bankers etc. It's all to enlighten us. I don't think an evil outer world means you are evil yourself. I don't think that's what "as above so below" means. I see the increasing evil as a sign that I am God's chosen.
edit on 331231Sun, 15 Dec 2013 07:33:19 -0600201319pAmerica/Chicago2013-12-15T07:33:19-06:0031 by introspectionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ColeYounger

Excellent! LoL

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   

andy06shake

All organised religion is nothing but vanity If you are indeed spiritually awakened then you will already know this.
That's your own very individual opinion, not necessarily a universal truth. I think there's a lot of truth in organized religion, and that they also serve as gateways into the esoteric aspects of religion that few people care about. As for a totally literal interpretation of the exoteric religions I'm not sure there's very much truth in that, but I think it might still serve a purpose. People need guidance, and if it leads in the right direction I don't see anything wrong with it.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   

"That's your own very individual opinion, not necessarily a universal truth."

Of course it my opinion, that goes without saying.

"I think there's a lot of truth in organized religion, and that they also serve as gateways into the esoteric aspects of religion that few people care about. As for a totally literal interpretation of the exoteric religions I'm not sure there's very much truth in that, but I think it might still serve a purpose. People need guidance, and if it leads in the right direction I don't see anything wrong with it."

It gives people guidance all right, there called control constructs designed to keep in place TPTB and limit knowledge, esoteric or otherwise, to only there priest casts or whoever else "They" deem worthy. Absolute power absolutely corrupts and that's what organised religion is all about i'm afraid.

No priest/rabbi/minister or there like are required for you to commune with the creator simple quiet prayer is all that is necessary! That's something a spiritually enlightened individual such as yourself should know.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I think the world is winding itself down, too. I think we may see the End within my lifetime.

But, I still have a husband, and we have a very young son. It took us a lot of years to get around to it because I was very sick for a long time and could barely take care of myself, but once that was under control, the urge to start a family was still there despite my beliefs and worries.

See. They could be just that - beliefs. worries.

I could be wrong, and even if I'm not, I think it's better for my son to have lived and had the life he had with two parents who love him very much. We three bring each other joy, and our faith says that no matter how it ends, we will be taken care of. So, we need not fear. So, for today, we live; we love. We tune out the world and take joy in each other and the rest of our family.

When nothing else is right, that is.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

"That's something a spiritually enlightened individual such as yourself should know."

You're implying that you have the answer for everyone. You don't say you think it is that way, you say an enlightened individual should know it is that way. That's what I don't agree with. I don't know exactly how to relate to organized religion. I find it very interesting and something I read a lot about. I went to church a couple of times but I didn't quite feel it was for me. I think I will try to go to a mosque too. As for TPTB and the conspiracy, I think the conspiracy serves a divine purpose. The Zionists serve a divine purpose. Yeah, they are leading the world into a police state, but I think that all serves a divine purpose.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   

"You're implying that you have the answer for everyone."

Not at all, how could I considering that people are individuals, hence any answer or conclusion one may come to is subject to the individuals perspective(theres that word again).

I do know that I know nothing. Where as you are stating that you are "Spiritually enlightened" while asking the question "why have children?" there is contradiction there is there not, enlightened or otherwise?

I don't have all the answers, truth be told my life is as much a mess as the next dude!

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   

No there is no contradiction. I haven't said I'm enlightened as in that being something you either are or you're not. I have gained more enlightenment than I had 6 months ago. Again, you said I "should know" this and that.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   

"No there is no contradiction."

There is always contradiction simply because people's opinions vary.

"I haven't said I'm enlightened as in that being something you either are or you're not. I have gained more enlightenment than I had 6 months ago."

I would have thought there are many different degrees of enlightenment? Just dont forget to question all aspect of any knowledge you have gained.

"Again, you said I "should know" this and that."

Tell you what here's another way to answer your question, Human beings procreate simply because they can and it feels good!

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

My hope for you amigo is that you find a woman and look back at your time of angst as ...."that crazy time"

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Your posts seem somewhat confused to me. You are twisting the discussion, which is why I don't plan to continue. You said there is a contradiction between having gained some enlightenment on the one hand and asking why to have children on the other hand. I don't think there's a contradiction. Furthermore I think that having children might have a purpose for some people, and not for others. Our universes are not the same. Some people have probably not yet reached the point in their reincarnations that the quote from Zohar in the OP talks about, and thus will feel a purpose for procreating. I feel like I have reached that point in my reincarnations now, the end point, and for me I'm heading back to the source hopefully. Some others will remain here for longer. Neither is better than the other.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

"crazy" is very subjective

Gnosticism (from gnostikos, "learned", from Ancient Greek: γνῶσις gnōsis, knowledge) describes a collection of ancient religions that taught that people should shun the material world created by the demiurge and embrace the spiritual world.[1] Gnostic ideas influenced many ancient religions[2] that teach that gnosis (variously interpreted as knowledge, enlightenment, salvation, emancipation or 'oneness with God') may be reached by practicing philanthropy to the point of personal poverty, sexual abstinence (as far as possible for hearers, completely for initiates)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Also I'm not surprised that most people disagree with my ideas. That's why Kabbalah talks about "lights and vessels", that's why there are more people supporting war than pacifists, and many other similar relationships. It's the exoteric vs the esoteric, one way for the masses (having children), another way for the initiates (not having children). That's probably why I didn't feel at home in church. Church is only meant to take you a limited distance in your evolution and then halt, it's for the masses, because the vessels cannot be doing the same as the lights.
knock yourselves out

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

introspectionist
reply to post by DogMeat

Yeah but so does surveillance and drones. The way I see it that is what science leads to. Science and war are intimately connected. That is what the Age of Enlightenment is about, and that is what biting the apple is about. I want to be a passive observer and thinker. Everone else can knock themselves out climbing career ladders, working in scientific research, fighting wars etc. etc. These people enlighten me. That's what the cosmos provides me, but that doesn't mean I want to contribute. This is what Jews are all about, I have come to realize. The force is out there, and the Jews are channeling it for the purpose of enlightening humanity. I have reached enough enlightenment to not want to strive for anything anymore, other than more spirituality. I thank God for giving me the Jews and all the Christians that kill each other in the process of enlightenment.

Nonsense. Technology does not breed war, necessity and greed do.

Long before drones, smart bombs and stealth jets, there were rocks and clubs. Cavemen fought for hunting grounds, women, and the right to lead the tribe. Simply because we are more advanced technologicaly has no bearing whatsoever on your spiritual growth.

I would further suggest experiencing the joy and unconditional love a child can bring would in fact make you a more spiritual person, not less. Love is exactly what helps us grow, especially unconditional love, and you are actively avoiding it. Becoming a hermit will do the opposite of what you want. You want to open yourself, not shut yourself in and away from society.
edit on 15-12-2013 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

"Your posts seem somewhat confused to me"

Such is life im afraid!

The simple fact that you think you are ready probably means you are not. I don't say this to antagonise you, just because most times It generally turns out to be the case. How does one prepare for another dimension? That would indeed be a trick!

Don't be so ready for ascension if indeed it even exists because it could be perceived as arrogance and I don't think that's part of the criteria.

Good luck all the same, me im sticking with sex at least in this incarnation!

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Women do it alot of times out of codependency and attention from friends. It helps make there life that seems to suck when compared to everyone elses around them who are lieing anyway. More tolerable.

Because now they have someone they can be important to.

Don't forget welfare,food stamps, and child support. Some women will have a whole litter just to not work.
edit on 15-12-2013 by metalholic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Forgot to add that some women try to get pregnant on purpose to hold on to a guy especially if it's one her and her friends all want and he's known for running off.

Which is why not to long after she's crying about him being a pos. Wanting that accessory that drawls attention just brings on drama and heartache.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join