It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Higgs Boson and Relativity FRAUD

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   

JBA2848
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Space shuttle launch is interesting. 14000 mph needed to break the earths gravity. that is around the same speed the upper atmosphere is traveling with the earth compared to motionless space. so is there a connection between the two? Anything less than that 14000 mph and you would be standing still and never break the bond. A couple mph more and you have just enough to break free.

The funny thing, I was also brought up and learned that Gravity is "a property of space" and not a force.

It was my notion for instance that satellites (or the space shuttle etc.) ORBIT the earth due to the shape of the space-time continuum, created by gravity. (Excuse my layman terms).

Now..just recently I read a little again and did NOT come across the old saying anymore that "gravity is a property of space"....and the relatively astonishing, ultra-simple explanation that the Space Shuttle simply orbits because it's forward speed is such that it "compensates for" and follows the curvature of the Earth while falling.

Pretty boring explanation as compared to that it orbits because gravity bent space.

I think the idea was also new to me that if the Shuttle would actually break/stop in space (no forward motion around the planet)...so it would simply fall STRAIGHT DOWN....and the fantastic concept of how gravity bends space is gone just like that....

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Which is proof that gravity / atmosphere are the determining factors for the speed required to enter orbit, and has nothing to do with how fast we travel through space.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Yes,
"The analogy typically given is to imagine the Higgs Field like a thick soup or something, so that larger particles with more mass have a harder time moving through it."

but, not being in the soup is the mass itself, rather than the movement through this filed.

this is the explanation of the Higgs field... mass comes from the movement... this is fine
but what if you don't move?

look, if you inside water, you move slower, you have to overcome the water molecules that are more dense than air, logo... but if you are in a swimming pool and don't move, you don't fell this water around you till you try to move.
this is what they tell us... imagine, if you don't move, you don't feel the friction

translating it to the small particles like electrons or protons means, according to this theory of them, if a particle don't move it should have no mass

friction is the mass... no movement, no friction, no mass

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Oooh....oooooh

Pick me.

I'm ignorant on this subject. Too damn complicated to even act like I know whats going on.

But i'm sure not going to call it ignorant.

Ignorance is as ingnorance does.

Besides, what degree did you say you had again?

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

But by the mere matching numbers of speed needed to break the bond and how fast the earth atmosphere is moving at that height means there is a more complex answer then just gravity and atmosphere. Gravity and atmosphere is related to spin of the earth rotation.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by KrzYma

this is the explanation of the Higgs field... mass comes from the movement... this is fine
but what if you don't move?

Read my edit:

EDIT: also I should point out that the standard theory is that if there was no Higgs Field then all particles would move at the speed of light.

It's like asking if you can stop a photon dead still. No you cannot, it's entirely impossible no matter what you try.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRulesAllowed

and the fantastic concept of how gravity bends space is gone just like that....

I wouldn't say it's gone, because what causes the craft to have a vertical force pulling it towards Earth in the first place? That is where the curved space-time comes into play, because you can say that vertical force is caused because the craft is "falling into" the indentation of curved space caused by the Earth, but the horizontal motion keeps it in a stable orbit.
edit on 14/12/2013 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   

I think holding orbit means you have to stay on the edge of the earths pull or you would float away. (stay still while the earth leaves on its orbit around the sun) Remember that the earth is traveling very fast around the sun not just spinning. Space does not move just bends around the earth as the earth travels around the sun. You also have the solar system traveling around space in a circle. And the galaxy is still traveling around in another circle. All have a speed they are traveling with in each other in space (stillness).
edit on 14-12-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   

JBA2848

But by the mere matching numbers of speed needed to break the bond and how fast the earth atmosphere is moving at that height means there is a more complex answer then just gravity and atmosphere. Gravity and atmosphere is related to spin of the earth rotation.

No. Because it only matches on Earth, nowhere else. Then you add in the fact that is only the speed the Earth travels around the sun. The Sun travels around the Milky Way at 217km/s, which means the Earth also travels at that speed.

And interestingly enough we are now using RELATIVITY in this thread.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   

liejunkie01
Besides, what degree did you say you had again?

I don't think it matters if I ask any question. There is nothing like more valuable question just because of an degree...

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

I think holding orbit means you have to stay on the edge of the earths pull or you would float away.

A stable orbit can be held at many different distances from the Earth. The closer to the Earth the orbit is, the more vertical velocity the craft will require to stay in orbit. The best way to think of it is the way NoRulesAllowed mentioned:

"the Space Shuttle simply orbits because it's forward speed is such that it "compensates for" and follows the curvature of the Earth while falling"

Just think of it as if the craft is in a constant free fall which never actually reaches the Earth because it's following the curvature of the Earth due the horizontal velocity.
edit on 14/12/2013 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   

"It's like asking if you can stop a photon dead still. No you cannot, it's entirely impossible no matter what you try."

sorry I smile...

photon... what is it ?? some call it a particle, some call it a wave...

you know it is an disturbance in the EM field right? that's why no mass and the huge speed ?

I'm talking about mass... Higgs field friction creating it... as some physicists say

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

And when we decide it will be great to travel to another galaxy we will find that breaking that bond to the galaxy will be like that of earth. We must break the speed difference between space and the galaxy traveling through it. Same thing with the solar system and its bond must be broken to cross the path to another.

And when you start thinking about this and reverse it to cell and how things travel in them it gets interesting seeing the similarities.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
This is probably one of the best lectures I seen to help understand the Higgs Field:

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by KrzYma

you know it is an disturbance in the EM field right? that's why no mass and the huge speed ?

I'm talking about mass... Higgs field friction creating it... as some physicists say

According to modern field theories, all particles can be described as a ripple in an underlying field. The Higgs Boson is supposed to be a ripple in the Higgs Field. I'm not saying I believe this stuff, I'm just telling you what the mainstream theories are.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   

JBA2848

And when we decide it will be great to travel to another galaxy we will find that breaking that bond to the galaxy will be like that of earth. We must break the speed difference between space and the galaxy traveling through it. Same thing with the solar system and its bond must be broken to cross the path to another.

And when you start thinking about this and reverse it to cell and how things travel in them it gets interesting seeing the similarities.

Do you want to be wrong? I prove to you that you are wrong and you still keep trodding along. We can PROVE escape velocities of places other than Earth. None of them match their speed around the sun. This is 100% verifiable proof you are wrong.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   

I know this... how he tries to convince the public and himself all he is saying is truth...

but nice explanations of what they think there is.. sure

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   

They are still within the atmosphere of the earth and its gravity. They must stay within it to stay with the earth or the earth will leave it as it travels away on its way around the sun. Objects don't drift away from the earth when they reach a certain distance from the earth. The earth just quits pulling it with it on its journey. The object is left in the stillness of space as the earth continues its long journey at thousands of miles per hour while spinning.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   

14000 mph is the speed the atmosphere trapped in the earths bubble is spinning compared to stillness of space. The speed of the upper atmosphere is higher then the surface of the earth. That is where the higher speed comes in.
edit on 15-12-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   

KrzYma

again "Basically everything the OP wrote is wrong" ...how comes ??

do I ask the wrong questions ??

answer one so I can gain more knowledge

IGNORANCE, as I understand, is avoiding the truth answer

I cant read beyond this point. It's clear the OP is trolling. If you're gonna study something for another 15 years, may I suggest spelling and grammar.

and really? You're even ignorant to the meaning of ignorance? uhg

ETA: and yes, this is a negative post, why are you wasting everyone's time pretending to ask questions you're not willing to hear the answers to, the kind folks here on ATS trying to explain things to you don't need your slander accusations and attitude.
edit on 15-12-2013 by Lighterside because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join