It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hobbit 2..seen it yet? SPOILERS BTW.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I took my dear old mum to watch it today and we loved it

I thought it was much better than the first one but one thing bugged me about it and that is when Bilbo went into the mountain with all the gold he made lots of noise walking about and Hobbits do not make any sound walking around nor leave footprints.
The look on Bilbos face when Smaug found him was priceless lol.
Plus my next wife will be Evangeline Lilly but only If she keeps the ears on

Great Film go and see it

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Released boxing day in aus.

Since I have read the book a gajillionty times ... no spoiler alert needed !

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

It was god-awful.

98 percent of the film was either completely made up or stretched beyond belief. The CGI was overused and just as poor as the first one. Having Legolas in the film was ridiculous and the made up female elf character and her forced romantic plot with one of the dwarves was embarrassing and unbelievable.

George Lucas - sorry - Peter Jackson has really sold out and made a complete mess of a film. I can take some changes here and there but they took some serious liberties. The only scenes that seemed anywhere near what was in the book was when *SPOILERS AHEAD* Gandalf left the dwarves at the edge of Mirkwood, the battle with the spiders and the first meeting between Bilbo and Smaug.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by okamitengu

If you've read the book a million times that you'll be sorely disappointed, believe me.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Get in line, monkeyboy! I sent MY demand to Evangeline when she was in the first season of Lost!

Funnily, her ex was in the Lord of the Ring trilogies. Before they met.

I hated him, but now that he left her he's ok.

And I don't remember much from Bilbo the Hobbit the book except for the fact it was a book. I won't know what Jackson added. And too lazy to read the book again.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Kram09
If you've read the book a million times that you'll be sorely disappointed, believe me.

Maybe not a million, but nearly a dozen for me. Plus the Silmarillion and the appendices.

I appreciate -- very much -- the new, more complete narrative Jackson is creating around the characters, setting, and power struggles of Middle Earth.

A point: Legola's presence makes sense in that we see his character establish a pressing need to join the Fellowship of the Ring… he personally faces the menace that is rising.

The unrequited affection of Elves toward Dwarfs and visa-versa is mentioned in the Silmarillion several times.

I liked it a lot… because I was able to detach myself from the books -- knowing the four books represent plot pacing and incomplete character casts for a move -- and appreciate a fresh look at a rich and familiar fantasy world.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I thought the plot additions were ok. Not good, mind you, but it didn't really bother me. Plus, it made room for some good action sequences. HOWEVER, Azog feels very forced in the first one, but I can see how he'll be necessary.

My only real problem is the CGI. Jackson used real people in the LOTR for the orcs, why not now? I understand some CGI is desirable, but we can't even have our main orc villain be a good makeup job? I feel cheated by the CGI, honestly.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

Lol I used to be in the same school as him and hated him more

The thing is If they followed the book It wouldn't have made a great movie, I re read the book a month or so back and while Lotr's is amazing the Hobbit to me anyhow isn't that great.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   

:O ... and Evangeline lived only a few hours from where I lived... What a funny coincidence!

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

We can always share

Weekend will do great for me and you can have her the rest of the week

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

No problem! You will both be sleeping a lot on week-ends!

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

the new, more complete narrative

By which you mean, just making stuff up.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Yeah This movie was bad. ANd I am a big fanof the book and the whole series. Obviously I am a a little dissapointed for not following the story. There were things that in no way made sense. one of the most agrregious is the fact, Smuag would never leave his hoard of gold and gems with Thorin and the others. He would never leave them alive there. That was so ridiculous.

And this was uneccessarily long. I heard a review say that is was to long before I saw the movie. I was like maybe he is not a fan of the book. But the stuff Peter Jackson added was useless. leaving the dwarves behind, a snake attack by orcs who are not known for stealth.(beside of which they had to smuggle the dwarves in and yet the orcss can just leap from rooftop to rooftop)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

So like I feel they had an hollywood obsession with chase scene's and this feeling of being chased with Azog. I agree that was very forced. But it was like throughout the whole movie were gonna chase the dwarves even when there is no chance of them actually catching them.

and furthermore why chase them if their mission is to go the dragon and the dragon can just take care of them right??

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

American-philosopher
Smuag would never leave his hoard of gold and gems with Thorin and the others. He would never leave them alive there. That was so ridiculous.

That's exactly what happens in the book… Smaug seeks vengeance on Lake Town.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Yeah But in the Book Smaug had thought the theif or theives were in lake town because he was looking for them outside the mountain and could not find them anbd after searching in vain went to lake Town so they could feel his wrath.

In the movie they made it seem like Smaug was running away. And why on Earth would Smaug run away? and again how much he coveted that gold he wold not have left thorin with the gold knowing how much Thorin wanted his gold back

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I liked the Hobbit! The CGI was seamless and rich. CGI lighting can sometimes look cheezy but not in this film.
The acting was great for a fantasy film as was the screenplay. Wonderful music and sound trac.
The only glich I noticed was an extra with his Raybans on. I was severely castigated for doing the same thing by an AD once in a western.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

The CGI was seamless and rich. CGI lighting can sometimes look cheezy but not in this film.
The acting was great for a fantasy film as was the screenplay.

I'd like to see the film you watched.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

You're so edgy, you're scaring the children son. Careful with that edge.

It is so cool to hate everything these days.

Can't you just enjoy stuff, sad man?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join