It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: America Has Now Become a Nation of “Tent Cities”

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

Our government only serves the corrupt rich and well connected.
Obama played the act of getting rid of the corruption in DC and on Wall Street and did the total opposite.
Romney would have been the same though.

The political and monetary policies are to blame and are destroying this country.

The well connected and rich in bed with the government don't want to take responsibility though for what they are doing to this country and want to point the finger at everyone else.

Ethan Couch is a prime example in this instance. Kill 4 people and injure 9 others and he, his family, lawyers and judge thumb the nose at the dead.

It sure would be nice to have a country with Freedom, Justice, Equality of Opportunity for all and America is not it.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by justreleased

The banks have rules to make sure people can afford those repayments, they didn't follow the rules and that is why so many have been fined in recent years.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
With so many tent cities everywhere and so many unemployed citizens, there is no reason for illegal immigrants to be holding jobs and no reason for our government to be fighting for amnesty. Too much of our money is sent to other countries to help foreigners, too many jobs are outsourced etc. It's time we care for our own and stop ignoring their suffering.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Have you been laid off unexpectedly recently ? it's easy to make these statements as I used to but find yourself out of a job you will suddenly change your tune up quickly...be humble is what I say.
because you may find yourself in the same position as the one you threw the rocks at.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Anyone who takes a mortgage or a loan is living beyond their means.

There are multiple reasons why people end up homeless, for a huge percentage it is not personal irresponsibility but unexpected hardships(i.e. job loss, death of family members, financial strain beyond your control, etc). You wouldn't know that though, because you haven't researched this or actually talked to real homeless people. Your experience with the homeless probably starts and ends with whatever drug addict sits on street corners begging for change at the intersection in your town.

So when you start stating that all homeless people are lazy it shows a level of ignorance best remedied by research, reading, and understanding. This will be my one and only reply to you.

Oh and I have worked hard my whole life(12 hour days) and became homeless after the death of both my parents. I had missed work because of having to bury them and handle financial matters and got fired. Oh but, I was "lazy" right?

Ridiculous.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

So people just decided to be lazy after the 2008 Financial Crisis brought on by Wall Street?

We have record numbers on Food Stamps, record numbers of people without a job, record numbers of people like this living in tent cities and this is all after the 2008 Financial Crisis.

Whatever alleviates your conscience........

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Have you ever noticed that when a republican is in office, all the news is about is the homeless and tent cities.

Yet when a liberal gets in office, the homeless problem never makes the news anymore.

SnF for your noble efforts!

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

boymonkey74

It really is time that we ALL just take our money to credit unions instead of these twats.
\

As long as the Bankers and their lobbyists are able to infest our governments, they will have access to the money spigot that we the tax payers pay for.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

boymonkey74

He is just saying it in general.....
He is also right...why don't you say sorry now eh?

Back to the op at least in the UK If we get ill we do not have to worry about paying medical bills.

for now...The Tories are dismantling the NHS as we speak and they want to end the welfare state. give them enough time and they will do these things.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

That's why we will vote them out next election.
Pity that Labour have a Muppet in charge, the other Brother would have been a great PM.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

justreleased
reply to post by soficrow

Not sure if this was in response to my reply but it's the impression I recieve.

It's undeniable that many have suffered. How many of those people attempted to buy a house with a ridiculous mortgage? How many charged their credit cards to the max. ? How many drove a new car they knew they couldn't afford?

I'll give you the answer.....99%.

If you can't afford it then don't eat it, drive it, or marry it.

Peace.

You must be very young the people I am talking about are in my age group..I am 59....we don't ask government for nothing...we fight! We worked for what we have, no cheap hand outs from banks ...these are mortgages over 20 years old...do your resreach in my age group.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

The right wing social conditioning is really showing through with his/her posts. Its not natural to hate the lower class this has to be taught.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

boymonkey74
reply to post by Soloprotocol

That's why we will vote them out next election.
Pity that Labour have a Muppet in charge, the other Brother would have been a great PM.

Good Luck with that, even in the UK.
Everyone is expendable except those in the top 1%

Read the CItigroup Memo put out in 2005 where they knew exactly where we are headed.
THEY DON'T CARE

Plutonomy, Buying Luxury, Explaining Global Imbalances

pissedoffwoman.files.wordpress.com...

The world is dividing into two blocs - the plutonomies, where economic growth is powered
by and largely consumed by the wealthy few, and the rest. Plutonomies have occurred
before in sixteenth century Spain, in seventeenth century Holland, the Gilded Age and
the Roaring Twenties in the U.S. What are the common drivers of Plutonomy?

Disruptive technology-driven productivity gains, creative financial innovation,
capitalist-friendly cooperative governments, an international dimension of immigrants and
overseas conquests invigorating wealth creation, the rule of law, and patenting
inventions. Often these wealth waves involve great complexity, exploited best by the
rich and educated of the time.

Equity risk premium embedded in “global imbalances” are unwarranted. In
plutonomies the rich absorb a disproportionate chunk of the economy and have
a massive impact on reported aggregate numbers like savings rates, current
account deficits, consumption levels, etc. This imbalance in inequality
expresses itself in the standard scary “ global imbalances”. We worry less.

Illegal Immigration, Cheap Chinese Labor, Foreign and Economic Policies, Monetary Policies and so on have been engineered to serve the elite, not the common man. They could care less what happens to those below them.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I know I will likely take heat for this but the housing bubble was the fault of the consumer. There was a study done and something like 70% of the issue had to do with straight of lying by homebuyers on their financial situation. Bottom line; they signed the papers, they agreed to balloon payments, they lied about income to get into the big house. Did any of them go to jail. No.

As for unemployment, I've spoken to people getting benefits and they honestly told me they didn't decide to get off their ass until the benefits ran out. They also did nothing with the time to improve their situation like getting a new skill or seriously looking for work. Nothing.

This may not be the case for some but it the case for many. They want all the stuff but are not willing to do what it takes like making uncommon sacrifices. Delaying having kids, marriage, buying crap, or planning way ahead. I'm not even empathetic because I see this stuff at work of co-workers talking about their struggles but they are also showing me things on FB on their smartphone. Screw them. I went for years without a phone, no TV, a POS car, and was responsible with my money. I finally have the things I've always wanted because I worked and paid my dues for those things. I also would do it all over again and d start from the bottom if I had to without complaining. I would work at effin Taco Bell if I had too with a smile on my face.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

justreleased

For most of us it's a fact that if you want a paycheck you need to work for somebody else . Don't tell me there's no work available because that's bs. It may not be the job you want but I'm sure it's better than living in a "tent city".

Expect I bet some are WORKING they just cant afford rent and food one the low wage there on.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

justreleased
reply to post by boymonkey74

I wish no ill will toward anyone.

My simple point is that people should live within their means. If you opt to buy the expensive car or home then you should be able to afford the payments.

The people who accepted the huge loans from the banks caused the housing market crash, not the banks. If those people had paid their agreed upon loans there would have been no crash. Simple stuff folks.

People need to accept responsibility for their mistakes.

edit on 13-12-2013 by justreleased because: (no reason given)

It was the banking atitude, banks are corrupt institutions who gamble with peoples money, and if you have a bank account that includes you. Banks should never have been allowed into the domestic mortgage system ..ever.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

justreleased
or marry it.

So unless you have HUGE saveing acount to garentee your financial future incase of sudden job loss then no love and kids ?

Yeah ok...............

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I've seen many posts where banks, bankers were to blame. Politicians are to blame.

And that seems to be the problem.

No-one is saying, "Hey, I over spent, I over credited, I over did it".

No-one is taking responsibility!!!

What the hecky-darns????

YOUR LIFE IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY. YOUR LIFE IS NOT THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE GOVERNMENT. GROW A PAIR AND LIVE YOUR LIFE HOW YOU WANT. DO WHAT YOU WANT, LIVE HOW YOU WANT, BE WHO YOU WANT.

JUST DON'T ASK ME TO SPONSOR IT.

link   
Something must be done to those who are homeless and want to get out of it.

Those people have got to find jobs and places to live that they can afford, even if it means moving into another city.

Give them free postal address, free internet access, free secretaries, everything they need. The investment is crucial.

Hell, even basic wealth-fare to every single American that needs it is a better long term plan. Within 40-50 years, America is a third world country if this downward spiral doesn't end.

link   

boymonkey74

Your jokeing right?

LABOUR ARE USLESSS!!!!!!

Tory/Labour

Both are rubbish!

sheesh if everyone going to vote Labour and tory nothing will ever get changed. Its like the morons that vote Republican and Deomocrats in the states.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join