It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Cockroach Species Invading the U.S.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I keep hearing Tony Montana quotes in my head after reading this.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Nice find Slayer! Gotta hand it to the new roaches in town, they landed in a convenient place, lotsa rats in New York and rats gotta eat too. Next thing you know NYC rats will be wearin' fur coats, gold teeth and diamond rings with all the good eatins. LOL

CAUTION: Rats carry fleas and disease. Listen to the Orken man, he knows his stuff.

One of the most historically dangerous rat-borne diseases is the bubonic plague, also called “Black Plague,” and its variants.

www.orkin.com...

Pest patrol is pest control. Here's a natural and humane way to exterminate the little buggers...

ROACH DOPE

4 tbsp. boric acid
6 tbsp. cornmeal
3 tbsp. sugar
Place in small lids and set back in dark places. Definitely kills roaches.

www.cooks.com...

Warning Warning: Boric acid is a dangerous mineral, please exercise caution around pets and children.

The main symptoms of boric acid poisoning are blue-green vomit, diarrhea, and a bright red rash on the skin. Other symptoms may include:

Blisters
Collapse
Coma
Convulsions
Drowsiness
Fever
Lack of desire to do anything
Low blood pressure
Significantly decreased urine output (or none)
Sloughing of skin
Twitching of facial muscles, arms, hands, legs, and feet

www.nlm.nih.gov...

Happy Holidays!

Toni

edit on PM123120131216pm5531pm by Antoniastar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Antoniastar

wow, never thought i would find someone advocating orkin after the thousands of people i have talked to that wouldn't recommend them to an enemy, including me.

in any event that roach dope you posted has less of a chance of controlling roaches than Ison has of landing in your living room.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by OceanSpray

not quite, the ones in florida(palmetto bugs) that fly are native to north america, well florida at least.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

OceanSpray

wow, never thought i would find someone advocating orkin after the thousands of people i have talked to that wouldn't recommend them to an enemy, including me.

in any event that roach dope you posted has less of a chance of controlling roaches than Ison has of landing in your living room.

Are you gonna be okay? Nothing's going to land in my living room. So do you have a faster or better way of killing roaches?

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
20 years from now, Mimic will be based on actual events, i guess.
On the bright side, they are shy and very clean creatures, so not much to worry about.
Of course that is just a show they are putting on until their R&D finds an effective way to fight against pesticides

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   
i have a pellet gun for the ones here, and 2 dogs.

they are big.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
We dont (or ive never seen) many in the UK.

The movie "Wall-e" made me think they were really cute and friendly pets

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Y'all need to come on down here in the southeastern part of the US and try our out Palmetto Bugs (aka "waterbug", aka "wood roach"):

Nothing like like sitting there and suddenly seeing a 2 inch roach running up the wall! They tend to stay outside, but when it gets really hot or cold, they'll find a way into your house down here, no mater how clean you keep it, to get warm or keep cool.

Makes a really loud POP and crunching sound when you stomp on them....

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Yep, I was gonna say the biggest, nastiest roaches ever are in Washington,D.C.
Far more of a problem than all those little guys.
Ticks, mosquitos, roaches - you want to know their purpose?
To keep us humble and show us the power of small things.
Amazing how things so small can elicit such visceral responses from people and the lengths we will go to avoid them.
It's pretty funny actually when you think about it.
Imagine a herd of elephants stampeding over seeing a mouse.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Antoniastar

OceanSpray

Are you gonna be okay? Nothing's going to land in my living room. So do you have a faster or better way of killing roaches?

i'll be fine thank you.

just that orkin and many other large name brand companies deliver terrible service, technicians that know little to nothing nor care little to nothing about their job and your home and charge double and even triple of what medium and smaller companies will. i know this because i have clocked 30 years in this industry with many of them.

roaches can only be "controlled" for a little while, in areas and conditions that are conducive to their survival. you can eliminate many with your recipe, but they will adapt and out breed most of whats available, including boric acid.

these days it's a combination of efforts, actually it's always been that way. think "integrated pest management" when dealing with any household invader. keep your house clean, seal up any openings you can find, even 1/4" openings can allow rodents and bugs in, also seal any cracks and crevices in your kitchen. use available pesticides and yes what you posted is considered a pesticide, rotate pesticides ( active ingredients) and not just trade names, on a regular basis, lest they will become resistant to what you're using.

edit- i thought it pertinent to add, please always read and follow your labels, i cannot stress this enough as many people get into trouble by not doing so and end up poisoning themselves.
edit on 13-12-2013 by OceanSpray because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   

namehere

not quite, the ones in florida(palmetto bugs) that fly are native to north america, well florida at least.

true, but i should have clarified what i meant, when talking household invader roaches, i'm speaking of the ones that eat mostly what we eat and not mostly decaying organic matter, which the american roach does primarily. the german, brown banded and a few others feed primarily indoors on our food stuff. the oriental and american roach, among others, feed primarily on decaying organic matter and thus don't present as much of a threat to our health and safety.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Asktheanimals

Yep, I was gonna say the biggest, nastiest roaches ever are in Washington,D.C.
Far more of a problem than all those little guys.
Ticks, mosquitos, roaches - you want to know their purpose?
To keep us humble and show us the power of small things.
Amazing how things so small can elicit such visceral responses from people and the lengths we will go to avoid them.
It's pretty funny actually when you think about it.
Imagine a herd of elephants stampeding over seeing a mouse.

indeed i have encountered many a customer that should have had therapy from a psychologist to say the least.

roaches spread germs, bacteria, disease, that's their true nuisance and why they're an issue with public health and safety, same reason rodents, bed bugs and the others you mentioned are. but in the scheme of things i don't think any make the skin crawl like a good bed bug infestation.
edit on 13-12-2013 by OceanSpray because: sp

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

I'm usually screaming kill it fire.

And running away.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

here you go

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Why did I push play?

You can just keep those, and I'll keep the snow and 1 degree temps in Ohio.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   

daryllyn
reply to post by grey580

Why did I push play?

Whispers to Dary: "They can get in the house....out of the snow and cold......"

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   

eriktheawful

daryllyn
reply to post by grey580

Why did I push play?

Whispers to Dary: "They can get in the house....out of the snow and cold......"

Yes, but where I live, those suckers don't have wings

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   

OceanSpray

Antoniastar

OceanSpray

i'll be fine thank you.

just that orkin and many other large name brand companies deliver terrible service, technicians that know little to nothing nor care little to nothing about their job and your home and charge double and even triple of what medium and smaller companies will. i know this because i have clocked 30 years in this industry with many of them.

roaches can only be "controlled" for a little while, in areas and conditions that are conducive to their survival. you can eliminate many with your recipe, but they will adapt and out breed most of whats available, including boric acid.

these days it's a combination of efforts, actually it's always been that way. think "integrated pest management" when dealing with any household invader. keep your house clean, seal up any openings you can find, even 1/4" openings can allow rodents and bugs in, also seal any cracks and crevices in your kitchen. use available pesticides and yes what you posted is considered a pesticide, rotate pesticides ( active ingredients) and not just trade names, on a regular basis, lest they will become resistant to what you're using.

edit- i thought it pertinent to add, please always read and follow your labels, i cannot stress this enough as many people get into trouble by not doing so and end up poisoning themselves.
edit on 13-12-2013 by OceanSpray because: (no reason given)

Okay good! I was just checkin' cuz it's harder to read people online than offline.

The only reason that I mentioned that they know their stuff is because of the borax pesticide recipe that I posted. Aside from that, I know nothing about Orkin, other than what you've described in your above quote.

And, yes I realize that one roach recipe isn't going to conquer roaches. They adapt, for sure. I owned a plant business (had a Nurseryman's license) and so I know that sometimes bugs mutate and end up resistant to efforts to eradicate them. But I appreciate your advise and your thoughts on the matter of roach control. Thank you for sharing this important information. I love animals and if I could transport the surplus rats and roaches to another planet where they could live out the rest of their lives eating each other, I would. But that won't happen.

We could capture the ones that get through the cracks and take them far away down the road and set them free. But that would only serve to prolong the problem of an invasive population. More roaches, more rats. More rats, more fleas, more fleas, more disease. Possibly.

There's gotta be people eating NY roaches. Hmm. *scratches head*

Ta ta,

Toni

edit on AM123120131259am5731am by Antoniastar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Wow! This is kinda cool! I am a kinda shy but very social and energetic boy that loves to step on bugs for fun! It is seriously one of my top 5 most favorite things to do ever! I also enjoy walking around outdoors and even in public in my bare feet! Movies, games, acting and hanging out with my friends are my others. But whatever.

It's kinda cool to hear about the alien cockroaches! Whenever I have spare time and it's in the Spring or Summer, I will walk around outside everywhere in my bare feet. Though neighborhoods, around the city downtown, through the forests. Everywhere. I actually search for bugs and step on them when I see them. It's really fun! My college is having summer break in a few months and I will be spending it doing exactly this! It's really great exercise, and I have great fun! People might find the idea of stepping on bugs in their bare feet objectionable, but I do it all the time, and there are too many benefits to list!

To name just a few, you get the fun and satisfaction of stepping on the bugs and squashing them to death beneath your feet! If you've used to have a fear of bugs this is a great feeling! I am someone that loves the world of sensations and is more attuned to the world of sense that most people are. When I walk barefoot outside (wherever I am) I love the feeling of the different kinds of ground beneath my bare feet. When I see a bug and step on it, I love knowing I am killing the bug and feeling it's body being squashed to death beneath my foot. It's sensational and it feels great! Also, one of the biggest benefits of all is something people never realize. Bugs are living creatures that, because of the way they are, consume many different things and gain unbelievably impressive amounts of nutrients! For those of them that have brains, both the brain and it's fluid are highly moisturizing to the skin on the soles of the feet! If you are a big fan of always walking around in your bare feet like me, your feet get a little rough. The stomach acids and other acids in the bug are great for softening your feet, and keeping them looking just as good, if not better than professional treatments! I make sure that when I step on a bug, I twist my foot around to grind it to the ground and smear it's body into a paste that acts as an unbelievably effective lotion!

I've stepped on literally thousands of cockroaches in my life, but I never stepped on ones that looked like this, or even seen them before... I'd like to find one and step on it to experience what it's like! One thing for everyone to remember is that cockroaches may be able to survive nuclear explosions, but they're helpless if you choose to step on them! I encourage everyone to step on bugs! There is so many benefits that people don't realize, and it's extremely fun! Bugs actually, for that have them, have the most sensitive nervous system of all life, at least that's what I studied online. This means that when I step on them, they feel more pain than any other form of life, including people, are capable of feeling. I am frequently called a flower child, and I am completely gentle across the board. I am even sexually submissive, and I want a sexually dominant female (who loves to step on bugs more than me). I actually was taught this by a babysitter when I was in elementary school. She did this sort of thing all the time.

When it comes to bugs though, I am outright sadistic to them! That's the only violent characteristic I have. I actually like that I am causing them so much pain. I get to decide if it lives or dies. I am very caring about my feet and take special care about them, and find the soles of my feet to be attractive, cute or even beautiful! The bugs on the other hand are weird, creepy freaks. That's enough to justify myself stepping on it! I love to think how the last thing it sees is the sole of my foot! It gets it's ugly self squashed beneath my pretty bare sole. The whole of it's existence, their very souls - even if they were at their max value - is worth nothing compared to the pleasure and entertainment I get from stepping on them! It's also great if your girlfriend or boyfriend is terrified of them! You, whether your male or female, can save your soul mate just by stepping on it! I had a pretty and caring girlfriend named Serra in high school who was terrified of bugs. Even though I like girls that want to step on them( especially for me), I had no problem with being chivalrous to Serra and stepping on them and killing them for her. She always wanted to watch me kill them for her and it brought a smile to her face and a few giggles.

I will be sure to keep a look out for these alien cockroaches! I'm gonna stomp them on sight! I know this post is a bit much, but I encourage you to forget chemicals completely and step on bugs instead. Even if you use footwear! It's better, fun, and they deserve it.

I actually have a severe case of OCD. Everything must be clean, so if I do something like this, you should realize it's not as dirty as you might think.
edit on 28-2-2014 by Matthew17 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join