It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is needlessly sacrificing your child, as God did, child abuse and murder?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

ghostfacekilah00
reply to post by Greatest I am

That's absurd. Satanic? Jesus willingly accepted crucifixion for sinners. All he had to do was renounce his claim to being the son of God.

You are a slave to sin or to God says Paul.

The slave master does not die for his slaves.

And you should consider the morals and justices involved.
This will help you think properly.

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
If the bible is to be taken literally though its obviously a fairy tale, then that should truly give a person a lot of pause.

However...

www.spiritofthescripture.com...

“The scriptures are of little use to those who understand them as they are written.”

—Origen

“The scriptures were written by the Spirit of God, and have meanings, not as they appear at the first sight (literal interpretation), but also others, which escape the notice of most. For those (words) which are written are the forms of certain mysteries, and the images of divine matters.”

—Origen

These 3 articles here that talk about what the cross really means.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   

You still do not understand. If you wish to prove to me that Jesus was not God in Human form you need to use Scripture not speculation, and then quoting catholic encyclopedias...I do not believe the Catholic Doctrine is Christian at all. I do not take other peoples opinion for what the Bible says, but rather study it for myself. The Concept of the Trinity is throughout the NT, and brings to light the plurality of God mentioned in Genesis. So once again to prove your point you need to use Scripture, because that is the only way you can prove you are right...

"It must be admitted by everyone who has the rudiments of an historical sense that the doctrine of the Trinity, as a doctrine, formed no part of the original message. St Paul knew it not, and would have been unable to understand the meaning of the terms used in the theological formula on which the Church ultimately agreed".

I have already quoted Jesus calling himself the father, and saying he and the father are one. So I do not really care what the Catholics think....

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   

If God did not want Jesus dead then why send him down to die?

Die? The Gospels say that Jesus came back to life after 3 days...in the same tomb that he was buried in. What kind of "death" is that supposed to be?

Again, the OPs premise is false, because Jesus did not die as a result of the crucifixion. So there was no "Sacrifice" or "death" to begin with.

If there is no sacrifice and if God did not accept it as such, then there was never a redeemer and Christians are no better off than any other sinner. Right?

If a Christian or anybody else repents and asks for forgiveness from God, he is forgiven. Thats what the Bible teaches. Thats what Jesus taught in the Lords prayer : Forgive us, as we forgive others.

Christianity's convoluted method of obtaining forgiveness by believing in Jesus' sacrificial death doesn't hold water, because Jesus came back to life and is NOT dead.... and also, there is no mention of any sacrifice, when this so called "Sacrifice" was taking place. Not even after Jesus came back to life and appeared to people.

edit on 11-12-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Greatest I am

ChuckNasty

Are you even reading the stories of Christ?

True the Bible doesn't contain every story, we can thank the church for deleting what they didn't want.... but your understanding of this religion is totally bonkers IMO.

To understand the meaning vs a literal definition are 2 separate ideologies. To read a book for its face value instead of studying the underlying meanings is what Jesus was about. Why do you think he spoke in parables instead of straight forward definitions. Only those who understand His messages will get it. Those who don't, will need more time.

It is not a matter of time if this senator is correct.

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

That Senator reminds me of those Bible thumpers/pushers. Believe or else...and come to our church...and pay us some money. Then go out and get more members..I mean spread the word..but get more members to pay us more money.

If it is NOT a matter of time or the world's population would have been 'cleansed' a couple of thousand years ago. If it is NOT a matter of time, why do we have so many damn different branches of the religion in question? How did they come to be if it wasn't a matter of time?

Not a matter of time...? You sir, are incorrect yet again....

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Unity_99
If the bible is to be taken literally though its obviously a fairy tale, then that should truly give a person a lot of pause.

However...

“The scriptures are of little use to those who understand them as they are written.”

—Origen

“The scriptures were written by the Spirit of God, and have meanings, not as they appear at the first sight (literal interpretation), but also others, which escape the notice of most. For those (words) which are written are the forms of certain mysteries, and the images of divine matters.”

—Origen

These 3 articles here that talk about what the cross really means.

Literalism is what has taken much out of Christianity and left it the vile theology that it is.

They warned of it way back when yet used it themselves when it paid off. Now it is killing all the religions.

Regards
DL

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Christianity is joining them all in the United States and elsewhere... so we can live in peace and go about our daily lives.

edit on 17-12-2013 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

ServantOfTheLamb

You still do not understand. If you wish to prove to me that Jesus was not God in Human form you need to use Scripture not speculation, and then quoting catholic encyclopedias...I do not believe the Catholic Doctrine is Christian at all. I do not take other peoples opinion for what the Bible says, but rather study it for myself. The Concept of the Trinity is throughout the NT, and brings to light the plurality of God mentioned in Genesis. So once again to prove your point you need to use Scripture, because that is the only way you can prove you are right...

"It must be admitted by everyone who has the rudiments of an historical sense that the doctrine of the Trinity, as a doctrine, formed no part of the original message. St Paul knew it not, and would have been unable to understand the meaning of the terms used in the theological formula on which the Church ultimately agreed".

I have already quoted Jesus calling himself the father, and saying he and the father are one. So I do not really care what the Catholics think....

You believe in a water walking God/Man that scriptures portray as a drunk who hung around evil people. The sick need him and not the well. His words. And you want me to use the same book that has screwed your thinking ability to reason you out of something you need to throw reason away to embrace.

No thinks. Find sanity and a way to shed your belief in fantasy, miracles and magic yourself.yourself.

Regards
DL

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

sk0rpi0n

If God did not want Jesus dead then why send him down to die?

Die? The Gospels say that Jesus came back to life after 3 days...in the same tomb that he was buried in. What kind of "death" is that supposed to be?

Again, the OPs premise is false, because Jesus did not die as a result of the crucifixion. So there was no "Sacrifice" or "death" to begin with.

If there is no sacrifice and if God did not accept it as such, then there was never a redeemer and Christians are no better off than any other sinner. Right?

If a Christian or anybody else repents and asks for forgiveness from God, he is forgiven. Thats what the Bible teaches. Thats what Jesus taught in the Lords prayer : Forgive us, as we forgive others.

Christianity's convoluted method of obtaining forgiveness by believing in Jesus' sacrificial death doesn't hold water, because Jesus came back to life and is NOT dead.... and also, there is no mention of any sacrifice, when this so called "Sacrifice" was taking place. Not even after Jesus came back to life and appeared to people.

edit on 11-12-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

You are reading biblical history and the myth about right.

Regards
DL

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Majorities Rule... so it would seem you are living in a fantasy friend

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

ChuckNasty

Greatest I am

ChuckNasty

Are you even reading the stories of Christ?

True the Bible doesn't contain every story, we can thank the church for deleting what they didn't want.... but your understanding of this religion is totally bonkers IMO.

To understand the meaning vs a literal definition are 2 separate ideologies. To read a book for its face value instead of studying the underlying meanings is what Jesus was about. Why do you think he spoke in parables instead of straight forward definitions. Only those who understand His messages will get it. Those who don't, will need more time.

It is not a matter of time if this senator is correct.

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

That Senator reminds me of those Bible thumpers/pushers. Believe or else...and come to our church...and pay us some money. Then go out and get more members..I mean spread the word..but get more members to pay us more money.

If it is NOT a matter of time or the world's population would have been 'cleansed' a couple of thousand years ago. If it is NOT a matter of time, why do we have so many damn different branches of the religion in question? How did they come to be if it wasn't a matter of time?

Not a matter of time...? You sir, are incorrect yet again....

Maher had to bribe him to get that last look. He had to I tell you. No Senator can be that stupid can he?

Even thumpers are not that foolish. He had to be a biyou baby.

Regards
DL

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

SisyphusRide

Ya ya.

The O P is a moral issue. Speak to that or be gone.

Regards
DL

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Greatest I am

ServantOfTheLamb

You believe in a water walking God/Man that scriptures portray as a drunk who hung around evil people. The sick need him and not the well. His words. And you want me to use the same book that has screwed your thinking ability to reason you out of something you need to throw reason away to embrace.

No thinks. Find sanity and a way to shed your belief in fantasy, miracles and magic yourself.yourself.

Regards
DL

Lol you are the one who wanted to say we believe that God needlessly sacrificed his son as in how we think of a son. I said Christians do not believe it was God's literal son, but rather God in Human Form. How do I logically explain the possibility of miracles. Well there are two types of beliefs in God: one is belief in God, the second is belief that God. You must have the first before you can have the second.

If God exist could he take on Human Form? Yes. If God exist in Human Form could he preform miracles? Yes. That is all logical once the reality of god is realized.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

ServantOfTheLamb

Greatest I am

ServantOfTheLamb

Regards
DL

Lol you are the one who wanted to say we believe that God needlessly sacrificed his son as in how we think of a son. I said Christians do not believe it was God's literal son, but rather God in Human Form. How do I logically explain the possibility of miracles. Well there are two types of beliefs in God: one is belief in God, the second is belief that God. You must have the first before you can have the second.

If God exist could he take on Human Form? Yes. If God exist in Human Form could he preform miracles? Yes. That is all logical once the reality of god is realized.

You are right. It is all logical once you decide to ignore logic.

Regards
DL

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Greatest I am

SisyphusRide

Ya ya.

Regards
DL

you appear to be exhibiting a great dose of morality... I can perform a mind reading trick for you if you like?

let me get my crystal ball brb.
edit on 17-12-2013 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Greatest I am

SisyphusRide

Ya ya.

Regards
DL

Its not a moral issue...God himself died for us...

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Greatest I am

ServantOfTheLamb

Greatest I am

ServantOfTheLamb

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Intelligent design is illogical? That's a pretty extraordinary statement. I'd like to see how you back that up.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

ServantOfTheLamb

Greatest I am

SisyphusRide

Ya ya.

Regards
DL

Its not a moral issue...God himself died for us...

Sure. He condemned us just to turn around and die for us. That makes a lot of sense. Not.

Is it good justice when judge sets and accepts a bribe or ransom to adjust his justice and sentence?

Regards
DL

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

ServantOfTheLamb

Greatest I am

ServantOfTheLamb

Greatest I am

ServantOfTheLamb

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Intelligent design is illogical? That's a pretty extraordinary statement. I'd like to see how you back that up.

If it was logical then why did the Christians lie at the I D trial?

Regards
DL

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
The father sacrifices for the son on the next go round. Before Jesus sacrificed for his father. Ra sacrificed for Nebo.

Jesus's dad is god, Jesus is just a prophet of his father.

For the longest time I thought Jesus was the biological carrier for the universe ie God head. But his father is the carrier of the universe.
edit on 27-12-2013 by XsweetNspiceyX because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join