It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Hello from Daytona Beach, FL. I've been participating in All Things Survival for over a year and I would really like to get more involved in the chat aspect of the shows.
I'm very interested in primitive survival. I also make my own handmade products whenever possible (I even make soap and shampoo)
I'm not a very articulate person when it comes to writing, and I am having a hard time replying to 50 posts. I've been reading subjects that interest me but since joining ATS, I still only have 18 posts. LOL I'll get there eventually.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MickeyMouga

Glad ya joined.
Hope you enjoy your stay here.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Primitive survival. Very good.
I think everyone should own a few hand tools like a handsaw, hammer and brace&bit for drilling without power.
Axe, hatchet, bowsaw, sledge and wedges.

A good knife and spear or bow and arrow are nice for active camping (where legal)

I'm partial to a good rabbit dog and a wood hatchet handle with a 1/2" bolt and nut on the end.

The dog runs the rabbit on his regular trail through the woods and when the rabbit runs by you throw that stick and whack brer rabbit.

An old black fellow used to hunt the wood near my home when I was just a little kid. He always had a rabbit for cooking. He taught me the trick with the bolt through the end of the stick and how to spot the rabbit runs and set up near the rabbit den.

I was too young to know that this was an inefficient and random sort of hunting method.
My old beagle used to look at me like I was a grade a idiot when I missed a rabbit.
I didn't like that look so I just learned not to miss.

I had a .410 and .22 for hunting rabbit and squirrel once I was a little older.
More efficient, less satisfying.

Welcome aboard

edit on 7-12-2013 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS, MickeyMouga!

For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send and receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send and receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the plethora of information provided below:

Terms and Conditions ...... (Very important, please review.)

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

General ATS Discussion Etiquette

Complaints and How to Contact ATS Staff

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Feel free to ask any questions you may have. In the meantime, kick your feet up, have a look around, and enjoy your stay.

BoneZ,
ATS Moderator and Member

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Thank you for the warm welcome!

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

welcome...

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link