It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Damage after UK storm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   
*Please move if in wrong forum*

There are plenty of news reports here in the UK about the storm. However it has been pushed down significantly due to the passing of Mandela.

However, I particularly found this piece interesting. Not because of the words (Its from the Daily Mail :|), but because of the many pictures it provides. ALSO, for you all you plane landing nuts, there is a a video of 2 planes aborting landing in very high winds whilst approach in Birmingham Airport. It's exactly half way down the page.

UK storm damage
edit on 6-12-2013 by brace22 because: Please move

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I saw one plane attempting to land last night and it must have been very frightening for all the people on board.

Again this will be the usual wait and delay whilst people get their lives back and especially so close to Christmas. My thoughts go out to them as when a child I lived in an area flooded by spring tides and its miserable when the water starts to rise.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Excellent link and info, Thank you
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Shiloh7

Do you know what I have noticed throughout all this.

Other countries cry and moan about the damage, and go on about how they need help. Over here in the UK, we get some over enthusiastic headlines, but nothing else. We just get on with it, we put our plans in order and just get on with it. No crying saying how bla bla should of done this and bla bla should of spent that.

It's rare, but the British spirit has definitely been shown.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

Nooo problem

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
My hat is off to the electricity engineers who have been working hard since these high winds hit Scotland and power was cut off to hundreds of thousands of homes, those guys have been out there in sub-zero temperatures, doing a bloody dangerous job, all hours of the day.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
the power went down in my area of scotland yesterday morning just after 6 am most villages within a 30 mile radius were out it took me 30 minutes to hook my generator into the mains i took out the main fuse and had the heating and lights on flasks were filled for the neighbours and rolls were going round within a hour by 8 am it was standing room only in my house .

it was hecktic to say the least but it is a small community and everyone gets on well but it was bin day and everyone puts the bin out at night but the winds were crazy and they were getting blown about like tumble weeds in a western 3am the power came back on but there was talk of it being out for a week

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
My fave Garden Gnome blew over and got his head smashed in

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
The last storm knocked over my two overgrown Buddleias that were basically trees (now needing to be chipped) and moved one of my sheds; a 8x6 ft filled with wood. It ripped two shed roofs asphalt.
And two fence panels popped, which we just put back.
But because of the warnings we managed to move everything that could be moved, indoors.

This time I saw no warnings and the last bit of the Buddleia was rocking back and forth. The swing seat was nearly taking off under it's tarp cover. And a 6 ft fence broke and needs replacing.

I'm I right in believing that this storm was supposed to be worse than the last one that hit UK?
So why was there no warnings this time?

And did it get a name?

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

My gnome got blown into the water feature and drowned.......

I'm still looking for some of the fairies

Rainbows
Jane
edit on 7-12-2013 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Poor lady

new topics

top topics

join