It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wooden Water Pipes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I have a theory here after seeing some pics and searching a few timelines that discredit England as engineering wooden water pipes.

Does anyone know of any info already posted here or anywhere?

I think American Indian Knowledge has been covered up. Look up "Great Fire of England" and "The Great Stink" These two events tell the story of a society not aware of the engineering capabilities of a hollow log for a water pipe(just bare with me please). Seeing metal Roman engineered pipes would simply cloud the open mind. There would have been more precious things to use wood for as well.

On the other hand Indians in some parts were wood sculpting masters with an abundance of trees. I think some groups had water feeding into their houses in intricate ways (think indoor totem poles with carved spouts).

One close mention of Indian wooden water line credit was how the "white inventors" gradually learned of how well redwood held up and it said there was shock or amazement due to its properties. It's funny the location of redwood too. Indians in those parts had secret societies(Hamatsa) and knew about abalone shells in mountain tops. It goes on and on really.

This water pipe thing is interesting but its just where my search has brought me so far. I have found startling similarities between Indians and Mideast Europe Australian South American ancient cultures. I haven't looked at much Asian culture yet. There is truth in unaltered images of the past. Texts need to be translated and "revised" The only bad thing about pictures is the institutions teaching people how they should read them.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Mailman

I have found startling similarities between Indians and Mideast Europe Australian South American ancient cultures.

What sort of similarities have you noticed?
Are you talking about red ochre burials?

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Mailman

interesting topic, but I think you need to develop it a little further, and pictures would be nice.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Do you mean bamboo pipes maybe? Wood would seem like a LOT of work, but bamboo I could see why.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
It's interesting but I would like more information or pictures.

I think any civilization would have water collection devices set up.
As for running water coming out of spouts I don't know.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by hidingthistime

I don't think bamboo grew naturally in North America. It's a good hardy wood that's already hollow, if you chop off the knots and fit the pieces together

Arundinaria or Canes, River Canes are grown in North America. It's a temperate type of bamboo.

edit on 6-12-2013 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Mailman

I don't know what you're getting at but wooden pipes were in use throughout Europe.

That's a "deichel" being made in Germany the old fashioned way.

more info

Apparently there were even wooden pipelines for carrying brine, see here for information about the Bavarian Brine Pipeline.

Here is a German Wikipedia page about the profession of Röhrmeister.
edit on 6-12-2013 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
This pic you can see a hydrant right behind these natives. 1804 the pic is apparently a post card taken in Vancouver B.C. If you look up fire hydrants it is much like the history of water pipes extremely vague for such an important invention. The Supposed inventor was eventually a Philly water works worker in 1801 but according to wiki the patent office burned down and the records were destroyed. So a fire hydrant installed in the Vancouver region just three or so years after it was invented on the other side of the country. Though we cant date the patent it seems.

These other pics just seemed to show odd placements of logs that were apparently hollowed that dates it to earlier than fire hydrants of 1801 at least. The barrel like ringed torch in the center of the one village is similar to "woodstave" design.

edit on 6-12-2013 by Mailman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Mailman

There are irrigation cannals hundreds of miles in length in the andes that fed the western desert and created a paradise for agriculture, before the spanish invasion it is estimated that south america produces nearly 3 times as much food as today, the city of mexico was a marvel like a venice in the new world as the conquistedore described it with floating gardens and with clean healthy people that put europe to shame and in many ways were superior in sanitation to the west, The lets go east, the indus valley and the ruins of Mahenjo Darro and Harrap, they had a weekly or daily waste collection from a cupboard near the front of there homes and runnels like primative sewrage systems that were covered in the streets as well as possible street lighting, then the island of thera that some equate with atlantis and though I disagree it was a marvelous culture with hot and cold running water and in house basins, The babylonians had some great structures including aquaducts that put to shame most roman aquaducts, Water is essentlial and people have always found a way, the big thing about victorian england was it was the rebirth of this thought in the west and like any patriotic nation those responsible were lauded and trumpteted as examples of a nations superiority, it did also bring in steam powered pumping stations and the first modern sewrage systems oh and lets not forget the arabs, did you know Gaddafi built a vast underground water course that irrigated a vast swath of his country and for most of his period in power they were wealthier than most other arab peoples, that is partially why there were so many outside workers there (OK not arab berber and I never liked him because of his ties to terrorists which he had distanced himself from before his fall).

The celtsGauls deserve a mention as though not as far as we know Hydro engineers it seems that they had a vast network of wooden roads and the romans liked to put the savage idiot spin on them as they were there original and most feared enemys until the fall of the empire.

The plumbing of ancient rome was partially there dowfall due to lead poison (they actually used red lead as a food colouring and thought it was good for you so the preceeding generations were born imbeciles and the romans were supplanted by other people from the empire whom migrated to the capital though Venice was founded by the last descendants of the true romans whom fled into the marshes when rome fell and built a new city there.

The chinese may have used terracotta pipes for thousands of years and the egyptians were amongst the greatest ancient hydro engineers but personally all I see are people finding ways to solve problems and not superiority or inferiorit on any side as far as this was concerned just cooperation and social/economic concern, a government that cares about the majority of its people will cause a prospering of whatever nation but in todays world we have governmnet that only care about the few and the western nations are getting poorer because of this.
edit on 6-12-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Mailman

I thought the title was about something else, and rushed to the thread. But yes, good find and an interesting topic. If Indians had water pipes, would they have had outdoor running plumbing? I know of an Indian construction which is a quarter of a mile long but nobody knows what it was for, maybe it had something to do with piping and the wood has rotted away over time in the soil piled on top of them.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Mailman

Hate to break it to you,
The coastal redwood's range extends no further than a few miles into Oregon, and is several hundred miles from the territories of the Kwakwaka'wakw and their hamatsa cannibal society.
Also the pictures posted are from the early 1900's not 1800's , Vancouver didn't exist in 1804.
Also, have you ever been to British Columbia, it is one of the wetest places in north america,
There is no need to "pipe" water , it falls out of the sky on an almost daily basis.
Beyond that I'm not sure what the point of your post is.
Certain tribes of native Americans were fantastic carvers especially considering they did it with stone tools.
Also, Indians of the plains started digging wells nearly 10,000 years ago, but water was store in hide bags, or in the case of the tribes of the western great basin and California, water was stored in woven baskets. And you will always find tribal settlements on the banks of a creek or river or near a natural spring.
I will admit that in some cases a wooden "pipe" would be inserted into a well running spring to provide a mud free water source, but beyond that the Indians didnt plumb water into their homes.

edit on 6-12-2013 by punkinworks10 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-12-2013 by punkinworks10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by punkinworks10

I don't claim what I'm saying as fact, I was hoping people would have some other known facts as like said above I didn't plan this out too well. Just having this feeling that maybe in some parts the Indians had more stuff going on when white men arrived than history tells us.. Especially if they may have been doing cannibalism and slavery practices. Would you have moved to San Fransisco or Seattle if you thought there were cannibalistic slave trading indians out in the woods?

Look at this totem pole from a "Chief Skowl Arm's" Lodge(can't find much info on him atm) from Kasaan or Skidgate. While the name Skowl arm sounds familiar quick search doesn't give much info.

vilda.alaska.edu...

Hope the link works I have it on hd too if need be. This bearded guy I guess you can say here you can take your pick wich one. The bottom one I have seen before. In fact it was where my search began (Ancient Sumeria) I kept seeing this bearded guy even to the south in Nevada desert with the Hopi Indians. He isn't the only one though I kept seeing described with these pictures art or live ceremony.

There is the white skinny grey alienish looking dude with the small head and big closely spaced eyes with a line between like you see in Australia cave paintings. www.creativespirits.info... looks like a being described and shown in Hopi lore. And all of these cultures with the mouth open like an O it is like they all saw the same things. The Mud Men of Papa New Guniuea (victims of cannibals as I read it)

In greek or Roman the one goddess comes down and turns men into frogmen for punishment..I can see where maybe people saw the human like leg muscles a frog has and though it was magical etc. Or with seeing an eagle and trying to be like an eagle god.

The bearded guy though..to me isn't depicting a Bigfoot or Sasquatch. That one dude on that pole looks like Jesus almost you can't deny it. Why would they depict a Jesus and an annunaki from Sumeria in ancient British Columbia? Even it it was say undocumented Vikings or another warring Tribe being depicted, it is awfully similar to Mesopotamian glyphs.

edit on 7-12-2013 by Mailman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Considering this is still on the first page. I still am curious if anyone can explain why a totem pole of Northwest North America is depicting bearded figures? (image in my last post) Is it a possible fraud? The dwarf on top is shaking hands with an eagle.

I don't want to sound like I condone cannibalism or slavery, but if you look at indian cultures all around the globe that practiced cannibalism they all have similar mythology. They were all extensively targeted by missionaries as well. How can we be sure that first contacts with these frightening cultures happened when and how they are proclaimed?

I remember being taught about the strict sects of religion throughout colonial America. If you think about it they had motive to erase what may have been found or seen with some natives. Inquisitions/Witch trials/Sharia Law

I didn't intend to mislead with the title, My main idea is that the whole blending of mythology and mainstream religions problem. Systematically created institutions that teach the professionals what to teach the masses.

My belief is that Natives across the globe saw the same things and have been trying to tell the story, some of it you can indeed just chalk it up as animism etc.

The mainstream religions were given knowledge in the beginning and knew it was set it place to control people into a more advanced society as it was already known or told to them that it was the only way for us to advance.

It would explain why with Christ/Cath,Judaism,Islam..they all have the same stories and characters. They all have to be right when..if something happens.
edit on 14-12-2013 by Mailman because: (no reason given)

The hopi depict a bearded looking robot with leg and arm enhancements. They also have the skeletal dancers/white striped and masked mud men also seen in New Gunnuie and Australia.

To better describe my digression to wooden pipes was the thought that Maybe "Jesus" visited other places not just the Middle East. Maybe giving some knowledges.

top topics

join