It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan is Santa .. does the symbology work for the bad guys

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

i am glad i started the debate.. but who started the belief.. and why maybe is it close to a pagan word of a fallen angel.. i mean santa.. or translation there off
edit on 5-12-2013 by Gooseygander because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Gooseygander
reply to post by natalia

know about saint nicholas... i also know about hans christain anderson ... its a fairy tale ... did saint nicholas fly around on reindeer ? in your version ?

off to bed ..

Umm..I'm a bit confused...are you being rude to me? Cause I know I can't hear the tone you asked those questions in. The real Saint Nicholas did not fly around on reindeer ...
Um..and can you link me to how Saint Nicholas is a fairy tale??

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Gooseygander
reply to post by aboutface

i am glad i started the debate.. but who started the belief.. and why maybe is it close to a pagan word of a fallen angel.. i mean santa.. or translation there off
edit on 5-12-2013 by Gooseygander because: (no reason given)

I have no idea who started the belief.. In my eyes, I feel the corporations started this belief so they could take the spirit out of Christmas and focus on gifts and making money instead..this is my opinion.. I don't know.

I do hear tale that Jesus wasn't really born on this day, but for some reason this day was chosen by the Romans as his birthdate...
edit on 5-12-2013 by natalia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Personally My "Noel Season" boils down to tonight, One Night Only!! SWMBO's (She Who Must Be Obeyed)'s work party. I was able to snag an additional 15% off at Bealls (Senior Citizen discount) on some new Nikes (even ran the hot red ones).. Then I sit back and wait for the 27th or 28th to get the "Blow Outs" I haven't liked Christmas for 25 years. It seems to get more and more commercial each year, so if You divided the division then "YES" as 'Santa' has brought woe and unhappiness. NO, not for 'Me' but for the "other Me' the guy who hasn't worked for months. His Wife is now working 2 full jobs and does housekeeping on the side. They have 3 kids, all under 10. The kids go to public school where they've heard the old balogna "Good" or "Bad" Guess what, "Rent" is always a 'crap-shoot', what are the chances of "St. Nick" "awarding the kids?

Luckily it is still 80º or the bad moods + bad weather, no gracios.

••• Note ••• Surprisingly, I have yet to see the ChinaMar... Walmart™ commercial w/the couple w/4 kids and He says His bill is $400+/month so the kids have "FREE texting" That isn't FREE..

If it IS Your bag- I hope that this year's Yuletide is the best One yet...

namaste

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

i cannot.. but if you where not there or me, and it was written in the medieval times when the world / religion / vatican/ was in flux and burning books i am not sure i could

I could say the same in the nicean times.. when the special apeople decided to write our book.

I dont know and no one in this age does. the gift we have is we have free will to question and find our own faith.

I personally believe in a higher power, i am trying to understand how the word S A N TA became mainstream

as it fornicates in front of your conscious/eyes wo us seeing..

brian out.. god bless..

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Gooseygander

So if I am understanding you correctly you're saying the name "Santa" was essentially guided by Satan?

Well I have no input there except, again, I don't believe Satan exists.

I think the etymology of 'Santa' is as explainable as any other name.

Santa Claus (n.)
1773 (as St. A Claus, in "New York Gazette"), American English, from dialectal Dutch Sante Klaas, from Middle Dutch Sinter Niklaas "Saint Nicholas," bishop of Asia Minor who became a patron saint for children. Now a worldwide phenomenon (e.g. Japanese santakurosu).

www.etymonline.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

i say that on here every year

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Please. Look at FortAnthem's thread on this, informative, witty, lots of pictures.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Awesome.

Thanks for the thread bump.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Old Nick, St. Nick - same thing and interchangeable, some still will refuse to believe it due to extreme conditioning, it took me awhile to realize who this character represented.

despite this I would much rather say "Hail Santa" and just enjoy the season, no matter what you believe!

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

another similar thread from last year. I guess every year more people clue in?

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I am Santa!

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Wow! There you go Goosey! Saved me doing some digging. It's already been covered for you on here. The other threads that people have provided links for might answer your question. They were interesting. And I also learned something new about the 'Krampus' character! Had never heard of him.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Santa Claus is more like GOD than SATAN.

You get a reward for being good.
He writes down who is "naughty" or "nice"
He knows when you're sleeping or awake
He has his own kingdom (North Pole)
He has his own special throne pulled by his servants (reindeer)
He is usually depicted as a white man with a white beard

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
It's an interesting theory, Is Satan really Santa. Apart from the obvious Anagram connection, there may be more to this Urban myth than meets the heart.

In religious terms, when a soul discovers the error of their ways and embarks on a lifelong journey to mend their wrongs, and preach the good word in whatever context that may be, or at the very least has a change of faith, then that soul adopts a new identity, hence Saul became Paul, Cassias Clay became Muhammad Ali and maybe Satan became Santa.

However if said theory is true, then maybe the "Apple" doesn't fall far from the tree. Afterall it was in spirit of giving that Satan enticed.... nay.... seduced Eve into eating of the fruit of knowledge.

"I will give you this apple, and in it's flesh you will find compounding knowledge and pure truth, and in that knowledge and truth you will be equal with the Gods"

The giving of such an eternally valuable gift did result in Gods children being expelled from the Garden of Eden, and thus they drifted apart from their father and creator.

Not un-similar to the whole premise of Santa Claus.

While teaching children about Santa and celbrating the joyousness of children, and the happiness on their faces when they've waited what seems like an eternity to recieve that gift they've been dreaming about in the toy catalogue, does actually retract from the literal christian reason for celebrating christmas, and therefore resulting again in the children moving farther away from the Father the Holy Spirit.

But all jokes aside Santa cannot be Satan, and Satan cannot be Santa because one is a character invented by grown-ups which uses fear mongering as a behaviour modification tool to encourage good behaviour, and the other is a childrens character.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   

arpgme

Santa Claus is more like GOD than SATAN.

You get a reward for being good.
He writes down who is "naughty" or "nice"
He knows when you're sleeping or awake
He has his own kingdom (North Pole)
He has his own special throne pulled by his servants (reindeer)
He is usually depicted as a white man with a white beard

God does not judge. God know nothing of good or bad - that is duality, conceptual.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Yes...Im no theologian, but those sneaky Romans certainly knew a thing or two about "Control".

Apparently "The Devil/Hell" rubbish does'nt exist in the 1st Jewish testament, and is an apparition slipped into the "New Testament", to give the Bible some "Testes"......ahh bit of a kick...

The Ol..."If you dont do what we Romans.....ahhh, we mean us good Christian Priests tell you, then the Devil will come and you will go to hell". A Charming, loving teaching indeed.

Some speculate, that "Satan" is a devilish twist to the Eqyptian God of Bes..the protector of children, also known as Puk to the Europeans, and Pan to the Greeks (and believed to be the Tiki to the Polynesians)..

He was a hairy little bow legged creature, who held a snake and sometimes had a horn or hat, and was a popular symbol of the pre Christian civilizations....but with no sinister connotation.
That is until the Romans thought otherwise....how better to change a popular loved pagan symbol, than to turn him into the Fallen One......Good ol Romans.....

www.celticnz.co.nz...&%20Thor/Bes&Taranis.htm

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by gort51

Quite, I was going to say that both Santa and Satan, plus God, the Angels and pretty much everything else in Bible is nabbed, pinched, co-opted from other Religions/Folklores or just downright invented. Easter and Christmas themselves were adopted by the Romans into the Christian calendar to replace the Winter and Spring pagan festivals so they could more easily convert those Pagans into Christians, in order that they could control them better.

It always baffles me when you get Christians spouting nonsense like this despite the huge mountain of evidence that it has borrowed idea's from other religions or has simply been changed to enable the Roman Emperors to take control. I mean, for crying out loud, it is well documented that the Bible was heavily edited at the Council of Nicea by the Romans, who rejected many ideas and kept the ones that could be easily manipulated or used to coerce Pagans into their new Religion.

Satan himself was more than likely an idea borrowed from some of the less savoury Pagan gods - after all, if you can convince idiot locals that a deity they worshipped such as Ba'al or Nurgel was a Demon who stood against the one true God, then the world is your oyster.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Don't forget that Claus can be re-arranged to Lucas, which is derived from Lucian aka Lucifer.

Naming a fake jolly fat man who gives billions of people gifts every year around the time of galactic alignment (between the Earth, Sun, and Sagitarrius A* every Dec. 21) with two names that can be re-arranged to the names of the most "Evil" entity known is pretty hilarious imho.
edit on 6-12-2013 by 1Providence1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by 1Providence1

Whoa!
A bit more cryptic but logical nonetheless. Good call.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join