It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Alien Debunkers trying to Deny Ignorance or Are they trying to Block the Truth?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   
You see them all the time, often the same ones, whose whole agenda is devoted to disputing almost any and all alien phenomena and assure you that it must be nothing more than misinterpretation of events or an out and out hoax. You could write the post for them as you know what they will say. Their logic is good but it is myopic and one-sided. To them phenomena that appears to be related and caused by an alien intelligence can not be so - You must be seeing it wrong and/or interpreting it erroneously. Why do they persist? Why are they trying to deny the reality of alien related phenomena? I find them to be a drag attempting to ruin what is interesting and exciting and trying to make it seem mundane and inconsequential. To listen to them you could not even enjoy good science fiction as they would assure you that it is impossible for events to so enfold . Is it not this kind of dull and myopic reasoning similar to that of religious fanaticism that wants the world to stay in a conservative backward dimension of ignorance where both the truth and the imagination can not go forward into the future? How can the alien presence be seen if those who would deny even its possibility blind you with rhetoric to the truth of what is occurring and what you are seeing? I say 'Deny ignorance' and open your minds and eyes to a universe that is much stranger and more exciting than your imagination can yet comprehend and debunk the debunkers, they add nothing but confusion to the alien enigma whose existence can not be denied.
-AlienView
edit on 3-12-2013 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   

AlienView

Yes I would think so. On the otherhand it could be a Nay too.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   

AlienView

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Crikey!,,,that was an enthralling read.

edit on 3-12-2013 by bally001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienView

What is the difference between a Duck?

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Give the OP a chance, he/she were editing their thread!

To the OP, seeing is believing which is the case for most people including skeptics. I can handle the truth if it was to be told, problem is, not everyone can, farmers don't like their sheep getting scared.
edit on 3-12-2013 by skyblueworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   

skyblueworld
Give the OP a chance, he/she were editing their thread!
Yep sorry sbw, couldn't tell. Something showed up and I posted. I apologise. Gate was open and the horse bolted. Sorry also OP.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by skyblueworld

Oh a go - between!

Can you please ask OP to re - edit - using punctuation. It is late and I am not up to the levels of concentration
needed to give this any cred.

( A little time often holds a different viewpoint )

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Timely

You could of just asked the OP that question

+14 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   

AlienView
You see them all the time, often the same ones, whose whole agenda is devoted to disputing almost any and all alien phenomena

You see them all the time, often the same ones, whose whole agenda appears to see a sign of alien life in any rock on the Moon or Mars, to see a alien phenomena in a youtube video (with added music) of any light in the sky, any insect or bird or balloon.

and assure you that it must be nothing more than misinterpretation of events or an out and out hoax. You could write the post for them as you know what they will say.

They assure you that the rocks are really signs of aliens. they are very predictable whenever a hoax youtube video, stating that finally here is evidence of ET.

Their logic is good but it is myopic and one-sided.

Their logic is vary bad or non existant, it is also myopic and one sided.

To them phenomena that appears to be related and caused by an alien intelligence can not be so

to them any light or blur in the sky is a sign of aliens.

Why do they persist?

Why do they persist in posting hoax after hoax?

Why are they trying to deny the reality of alien related phenomena?

Why do they persist in thinking any light or blur in the sky or any rock on Mars is a alien related phenomena?

I find them to be a drag attempting to ruin what is interesting and exciting and trying to make it seem mundane and inconsequential.

I find them boring trying to make a rock or a blur something interesting or exciting. There are enough interesting and exciting things around us without having to make crap up.

To listen to them you could not even enjoy good science fiction

to listen to them they think science fiction is reality.

I say 'Deny ignorance' and open your minds and eyes to a universe that is much stranger and more exciting than your imagination can yet comprehend

The universe is very interesting but they persist in making crap up.

they add nothing but confusion to the alien enigma whose existence can not be denied.

They confuse the real world with their fantasy about aliens, interpreting natural events as caused by aliens. remember, a rock on Mars is just a rock. It is interesting enough just being on another planet without making crap up about it.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   

To them phenomena that appears to be related and caused by an alien intelligence can not be so - You must be seeing it wrong and/or interpreting it erroneously.

Key word there "appears" , appearances can be deceptive .
Videos like this one get re-branded and called UFO events , without knowing it's really the Golden Knights display team it appears to be an impressive video of UFOs.

Is it not this kind of dull and myopic reasoning similar to that of religious fanaticism

That one cuts both ways , myopic and treating the subject with a religious fanaticism describes what I see on this board almost daily from believers who don't look for evidence .

they add nothing but confusion to the alien enigma whose existence can not be denied.
I say 'Deny ignorance' and open your minds

Whereas most skeptics , debunkers or even former believers are open to the possibility of ET visitation they just need evidence of presence , it seems you have made up your mind and are not open or even willing to listen to the alternative view .

It's pretty harsh to call others closed minded when you yourself are closed minded , Ufology is a two sided coin and needs both sides of the argument , without the counter argument what's the point its just another religion based on belief.
Deny ignorance and look for the facts .

edit on 3-12-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Alien species have not visited this planet. We would have known if they had.

It's ridiculous to believe that a species has travelled thousands or millions of years to come here and then immediately be enrolled into some secretive government program – an American government program in most cases. How utterly and totally pathetic – for them, if it were true, and for whoever believes it.

Don't get me wrong, I believe civilisations must exist somewhere – we cannot be the only ones. But they haven't come here. Possibly they never will as the distances are just too far between potentially habitable systems. Add in the difficulties of actually travelling through interstella space and keeping a body alive in that time. For anything other than relatively short distances it's science fiction.

Let's assume they have got here, somehow. What would WE as a people do when we orbited another world? Mutilate cattle? Draw pictures in corn? Have aerial burnouts with the locals? Get cosy with one particular government (above all others of the whole civilisation)? Be convinced that we should remain a secret, despite travelling our whole lives to get here? Anyone who believes that is beyond my comprehension, and most of the scientific community.

Alien species are not here, have not been here and probably never will. I wish it different, but it's not.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   
You could argue the same about The God Thing....People claim to have saw/spoken/interacted with God..

Unless you have seen something with your own eyes, the Heart wont believe it.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   
British scientists claim to have found proof of alien life

A team of British scientists is convinced it has found proof of alien life, after it harvested strange particles from the edge of space.

The scientists sent a balloon 27km into the stratosphere, which came back carrying small biological organisms which they believe can only have originated from space.

Professor Milton Wainwright told The Independent that he was "95 per cent convinced" that the organisms did not originate from earth.

"By all known information that science has, we know that they must be coming in from space," he said. "There is no known mechanism by which these life forms can achieve that height. As far as we can tell from known physics, they must be incoming."

Some of the samples were captured covered with cosmic dust, adding further credence to the idea that they have originated from space.

"The organisms are not usual," said Professor Wainwright, who works at the University of Sheffield’s Department of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology. "If they came from earth, we would expect to see stuff that we find on earth commonly, like pollen."

"We're very, very confident that these are biological entities originating from space," he said, acknowledging that absolutely certainty is hard to achieve in science......

See whole article here:
www.news.com.au...

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   

TerraLiga
Alien species have not visited this planet. We would have known if they had.

It's ridiculous to believe that a species has travelled thousands or millions of years to come here and then immediately be enrolled into some secretive government program – an American government program in most cases. How utterly and totally pathetic – for them, if it were true, and for whoever believes it.

Don't get me wrong, I believe civilisations must exist somewhere – we cannot be the only ones. But they haven't come here. Possibly they never will as the distances are just too far between potentially habitable systems. Add in the difficulties of actually travelling through interstella space and keeping a body alive in that time. For anything other than relatively short distances it's science fiction.

Let's assume they have got here, somehow. What would WE as a people do when we orbited another world? Mutilate cattle? Draw pictures in corn? Have aerial burnouts with the locals? Get cosy with one particular government (above all others of the whole civilisation)? Be convinced that we should remain a secret, despite travelling our whole lives to get here? Anyone who believes that is beyond my comprehension, and most of the scientific community.

Alien species are not here, have not been here and probably never will. I wish it different, but it's not.

I Agree and would like to add that since China and India are now leading the way in space travel surely any visiting aliens with half a brain would think "oh hang on the hairless apes on that bit of land on that part of the planet we used to land at haven't been in space for an age but the hairless apes on the other side are expanding their space program, I think it's time to talk to them".

Why do aliens have the incredible ability to visit earth at night at a point equidistant from all available camera phones such that all photos show a bright light 2 or 3 pixels wide. Amazing piloting skills !

Then there's maths........Assuming millions of civilizations in our galaxy and assuming faster than light travel. Even if an alien (or even ourselves in the future if we have warp drive !) was travel randomly from solar system to solar system one per day (WOW!!!) the chances of coming across a civilised world is slightly above zero. Sheer dumb luck if they (or we) do. There can be no Star Trek style wandering over 5 years. The ONLY ONLY ONLY way to ensure you visit an occupied alien world is to know they are there BEFORE you go. THis means detecting them from "home planet". Detecting EM is pointless since the time taken for the signal to travel between worlds is so huge any civilisation is probab ly long gone. The only reliable signal is one that travels faster than light (by whatever as yet unknown mechanism).

So an alien would only visit a planet if they already know it is occupied due to its transmission of faster than light signalling technology........that ain't us !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   

AlienView
You see them all the time, often the same ones, whose whole agenda is devoted to disputing almost any and all alien phenomena and assure you that it must be nothing more than misinterpretation of events or an out and out hoax. You could write the post for them as you know what they will say. Their logic is good but it is myopic and one-sided. To them phenomena that appears to be related and caused by an alien intelligence can not be so - You must be seeing it wrong and/or interpreting it erroneously. Why do they persist? Why are they trying to deny the reality of alien related phenomena? I find them to be a drag attempting to ruin what is interesting and exciting and trying to make it seem mundane and inconsequential. To listen to them you could not even enjoy good science fiction as they would assure you that it is impossible for events to so enfold . Is it not this kind of dull and myopic reasoning similar to that of religious fanaticism that wants the world to stay in a conservative backward dimension of ignorance where both the truth and the imagination can not go forward into the future? How can the alien presence be seen if those who would deny even its possibility blind you with rhetoric to the truth of what is occurring and what you are seeing? I say 'Deny ignorance' and open your minds and eyes to a universe that is much stranger and more exciting than your imagination can yet comprehend and debunk the debunkers, they add nothing but confusion to the alien enigma whose existence can not be denied.
-AlienView

Thank you for your objective, unbiased analysis ALIEN VIEW.

I'll file this thread under "Evil Skeptics", though the folder is getting pretty full. Maybe "Truth Deniers" would be a better choice.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Your OP is extremely vague when it comes to exactly what ideas you support pertaining to "aliens", which I think was your intention - make no specific claims other than that those who oppose you are oppressing all who believe in the possibility of any scenario where life exists outside of Earth. Talk about an agenda.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   

So what are you arguing,

Alien life and UFOs as I assume what you were ranting about in your OP that you meant intelligent creatures using technology.

Now you post a article about tiny biological organisms,

Are these biological entities piloting UFOs, whats the point of this thread, did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed?

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   

The arguments presented by the believer camp have yet to provide CONVINCING evidence.

Well, it convinces many who have extremely low or non-existent standards.
A paper kite with LED lights flown at night, or Chinese lanterns, or oooo, even a spooky DREAM about aliens is evidence enough for an entire deluded demographic of folks to take up the believer flag.

The rest of us?
Well, we're a bit more discriminating.

If there's going to be aliens, there better BE aliens.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Thousands of years ago, there are hints that something came from the sky. We weren't quite up to the concept of aliens yet so we may have chosen angels, demons and gods instead.

There is a vast universe all around us so large that grasping its size and content... is, well, still pretty much impossible. We haven't really gone any further than our moon which is roughly a mere 250,000 miles away. We've sent machines to sniff around our little solar system but... we haven't left any footprints upon, or come home with very many samples of, what's out there.

Aliens...

What if those ancient events so vaguely recollected did indeed occur? What if we could witness them then, knowing what we think we know now? Would the angels and demons be aliens? Would the gods... any god will do, would he/she simply be one of the greatest scientists in the universe or even just in our own little galaxy?

Hmmmm... how 'bout some old stories?

Other dimensions. What if beings from one dimension skittled into ours, twiddled with some native DNA and then left it to follow a path of a designer evolution? What if there were what some call 'watchers' left behind to assure that everything was allowed to play out according to plan? What if those maintenance crews found out that they wanted to tinker with the plan?

Ooops... the great scientist returns, finds his/her work all muddled up because the help dove in to enjoy the experiences of that particular form of physical existence and then after selecting some uncontaminated examples, destroys the rest with a massive flood.

Stories of such a flood cross many cultures and recollections. It's not just from Noah anymore.

Time to go to work... and traffic is hell...

So, here we are today, in the here and now. We have a mysterious history that no one can really explain beyond a doubt. Were we created? Did we evolved? Maybe neither? Maybe both? By angels? By demons? By gods? By aliens... or maybe all the above?

We just are not that smart... well, not yet; not as smart as we like to think we are. There are billions more unknowns waiting to be discovered than we have pages in books for the fraction of those already found. Yet, we still make statements of how it all is and then try and debunk those who don't agree with us.
More like politics than science?

This journey has only just begun and we still can't figure out the road signs... maybe what we need is patience and open minds?

That's a good question.

One person's opinion... that's all.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join