It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wage Strikes Planned at Fast Food Outlets in 100 US Cities on Thursday (12/5/13)

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

cloaked4u
reply to post by beezzer

Sure rely on oneself, i agree. What about the dissabled. Are we to put them in slave homes again to be abused. People need to rely on themselves,but not get ripped off trying to accomplish that mission. Hey, people want a fair wage for the work done according to the ever changing economy. you cannot exspect someone to work for a wage that was set back in the 1800's and you cannot exspect a person to work for a wage that was made for the 80's either.

Oh my god, cry me a river!

Could you point out where life was supposed to be easy?

Please.

Please point out for me where healthcare was guaranteed? Where wages were guaranteed?

Suck it up, buttercup.

Sometimes life sucks. But it isn't the responsibility of the wealthy to kick in because someone's life sucks!

I am getting so damned tired of the whine-babies that say "life is unfair".

WHO IN THE #### SAID LIFE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE FAIR??????

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

I may be an azz, but i am not an asset for those labels that certain people put on others, but not themselves. This is ideology thinking and what is wrong with society. Thats why they think we cattle. Ideology thinkers are useless and talk about things that describe themself. It is a sickness, they have a disease and it needs a cure.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Personally, I'd like to skull-rape the bastard that said life was fair.

I have worked my ass off my entire life. I am a minority who has had to fight liberal bias just to get where I am today!

I finally make it to the top tier and all I hear from the folks is. . . . .

Gimme.

Well #### you! Work for it. Just like me! Damned little bitches!

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Maybe i give u a good wage, 5 cents an hour. I think that a good wage for u.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

beezzer
Personally, I'd like to skull-rape the bastard that said life was fair.

I have worked my ass off my entire life. I am a minority who has had to fight liberal bias just to get where I am today!

I finally make it to the top tier and all I hear from the folks is. . . . .

Gimme.

Well #### you! Work for it. Just like me! Damned little bitches!

Come on Beezer, tell us how you REALLY feel.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by cloaked4u

Could you please explain it a bit? Which part of the post are you referring to?

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

My life was misserable getting to the top, so all u others must go thru the hell i went thru. If only people could stop putting up road blocks for others and make the world a better place for all the children growing up, then we would have a peaceful environment in the workplace. A neater,faster, more productive,informative,colective functioning unit as ONE. NOT separate. I better than u attitude. I hope to get better and learn from mistakes to make a better environment for others. NOT give them the same hell i went thru. That is better buisness sense. U think.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   

cloaked4u
reply to post by beezzer

Maybe i give u a good wage, 5 cents an hour. I think that a good wage for u.

Make me sit in the back of the bus also.

Please.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

cloaked4u
reply to post by beezzer

My life was misserable getting to the top, so all u others must go thru the hell i went thru. If only people could stop putting up road blocks for others and make the world a better place for all the children growing up, then we would have a peaceful environment in the workplace. A neater,faster, more productive,informative,colective functioning unit as ONE. NOT separate. I better than u attitude. I hope to get better and learn from mistakes to make a better environment for others. NOT give them the same hell i went thru. That is better buisness sense. U think.

I don't speak internet, just English.

Sorry, can't decipher your post.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Cabin

why would they have a wage strike? Well, they want a wage that fits the time era of now. not the 80's wages, times change. You cannot exspect to pay a person 5 cents an hour to work can u. Or to pay someone an 80's wage in 2013 can u.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   

cloaked4u

Cabin

why would they have a wage strike? Well, they want a wage that fits the time era of now. not the 80's wages, times change. You cannot exspect to pay a person 5 cents an hour to work can u. Or to pay someone an 80's wage in 2013 can u.

That implies that someone must earn a determined wage on the high end based on historical evidence.

True?

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

What is a determined wage? Does this mean a wage that is pre-selected for that kind of duty or how is that rated anyway?

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   

why did the heading change above?

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   

That is something that I have supported in every post I´ve made here.

At some post, I was explaining that in certain countries the win-win solution have been achieved, where the company does well, while paying fair wage to all its employees. Somebody asked what I believed to be the hindrances stopping such system working in US. That´s why the post was as it was, describing the reasons, describing the hurdles I believe to be stopping such thing from happening.

I fully support the strike, that they are doing. No person in advanced nations should suffer in poverty, especially the employed people, but the unemployed as well. If someone works full-time, they should easily be able to eat reasonably well and healthily, afford to pay the rent/house loan (for smaller house/apartment) and basic utilities etc, , shortly essential needs, whatever the skills needed for the job are. At the end living wage is a necessity for a fully-functioning economy.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I understand what you are saying (basic economics) and I agree with you for the most part. But here;

You have no right to determine what is 'too much'' for someone to earn.

I don't think the person commenting was trying to dictate any ones earnings per se'. More than likely they "may" feel as I understand it to be, as why is it proper and right for the boss to be rolling in money, while their employee working full time is eligible for food stamps-because the full time job does not allow enough income to sustain a life without needing more from the gov't. IT seems wrong to work a full time job and still qualify for food stamps.

Would it not make more sense to give their employee a decent salary, or at least enough that they can get by. Isn't the selfish employee adding to our economic woes by affording themselves grand lifestyles, as their employee(s) remain eligible for help from the gov't.? Personally I find the elitist who don't pay fair wage the real problem in society, not those who might be working a hard day for little pay.

I don't think working at McDonalds ought to sustain a family of four, but I doubt even one person could live on minimum wage these days.

You are right though, 15 dollars to work in the fast food industry is out of place with the rest of the working. All it would do really, would be to raise the bar on .. everyone.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I find your sentiment very interesting. Because you worked for something, others should have to work for it too. This is low-hanging logical fruit picked by you and those like you I suppose. The ol' "pull yourself up by your bootstraps" mantra.

If I had any material wealth in this dimension, or if I ever come into contact with any, I'm going to give it away to those that ask. Even if they don't ask. Even if they're lazy, scum-of-the-earth liberals. Altruism is my brand of logic, and it's served me well--but to each their own!

...sigh, this whole individualized currency thing we've been perpetuating (for thousands of years) has only amplified our most negative attributes: selfishness, pride, and arrogance. I'm going to spend my life attempting to dismantle it.

edit on 6-12-2013 by anon29 because: felt like editing

edit on 6-12-2013 by anon29 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   

beezzer

cloaked4u

Cabin

That implies that someone must earn a determined wage on the high end based on historical evidence.

True?

Beezer, just stop man. Theres no winning.

The dude is either 16yrs old or illiterate. This is the exact demo of ppl working at min wage.

Just dont even entertain his posts.

People like him get hourly wages instead of salaries. #endthread.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Krystian

Quoted so you might see how disgusting that statement reads.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   

anon29

Krystian

Quoted so you might see how disgusting that statement reads.

It's all in how you frame it.

The probability of someone who spells exact "exsact" multiple times, hasn't realized min wage has been raised multiple times since the 80s, and compares the unfairness of their bright fostering career at taco bell to slavery earning a salary is slim.

Sorry I disgusted you. Maybe you can donate the equivalent of a $6/hr bump from the material wealth you don't have to supplement his income.

The comment is intended to conjure up emotion. Some will see it as a woe is me and shrivel in disgust and some will wake up and strive to better themselves.

By no means am I saying I'm better than ANYONE and if someone is a hustler I will hire them. In fact some of my best employees came from urban areas where they had to REALLY survive. You know what that taught them? To do what needs to be done to make money and support their surroundings. To have some sort of drive. I showed them how to make money and they made money. Yes it made me money but NONE of these kids ever asked me for more because I made it clear that you eat what you kill. They got it. Hell I had a kid who was about 17 come in ONCE A WEEK asking me if I have any positions, even for an internship open. THAT shows me you have drive.

I worked since I was 15. I wasn't privileged. I dropped out of college three times before finally finishing. I became an executive of a company before I was 30. Why? Because I have drive and common sense. Not because I saw the executive sitting above me and went on strike so I can have a comparable salary.

What disgusts me is failure.

edit on Dec-06:00am3112 by Krystian because: (no reason given)

edit on Dec-06:00am3112 by Krystian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I think it is wrong that investors think giving money is the same
as giving hard work, they somehow have managed to make investment
banking seem normal all the while its simply an unsustainable way
of doing business...... You cannot pay employees who do not put
in any work at all and lay claim to something they did not earn
as your business will eventually have to start taking money from
those who are actually working to earn it.....

The investor mentality is the epitome of the entitled mentality.
I did something once so now im entitled to others hard earned
money for years, after all i made it possible for this company to exist.

I often wonder how long this type of banking practice will cost people
their life savings before they realize how big of a sham it is. We argue
and argue about everything save for the millions upon millions sitting there
earning money of someone they have never met, all the while claiming
they are the hard workers and they deserve the big money because of their
skill...... if the big money from those jobs was so great then why
are they taking money from others on top of it? why cant they just be happy
with what they earned and retire? Why do we have to give them money
from the pockets of the so called unskilled labor?

For being unskilled labor they sure do pay allot of bills for those who
supposedly had skills..... i am just lost in what they call an economy.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join