It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents Upset With Houston Police After Arresting Teen Daughter.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

jimmyx
do they give intelligent tests in Tulsa for police officers?...these officers should be immediately fired, they completely lack common sense, and that could be very dangerous when you carry a loaded gun, with a badge for entitled usage.

It was in Houston... the teen was from Tulsa. Sorry I posted the wrong link earlier.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

SubTruth
I would never in a million years let my kid boy or girl do this............NEVER.

ladyteeny
that's ridiculous. the vast majority of people are honourable and trustworthy, her parents have obviously deemed him as such already or she wouldn't have been in his care. just because a very few men are paedophiles, doesn't mean they all are.

Just be sure to keep the kids away from the politicos and their friends and most of your work is done.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

"We were on the GPS trying to figure out where the hotel was and we sat there and we dozed off," said Emmanuel Hurd.

O.I.C. ...Yeah, this isn't suspicious. I'm always prone to just fall asleep with a 13yr old I'm responsible for, in a strange city and state, sitting close in a car....while fiddling with a GPS unit. Yup. Happens all the time.

I'd love to see the police report for the specifics of what they saw and how it appeared before these two awoke from their slumber to start reacting.

Something smells a little odd.. Not A LOT odd...but we aren't hearing the other side of this, that's for sure.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000

"We were on the GPS trying to figure out where the hotel was and we sat there and we dozed off," said Emmanuel Hurd.

O.I.C. ...Yeah, this isn't suspicious. I'm always prone to just fall asleep with a 13yr old I'm responsible for, in a strange city and state, sitting close in a car....while fiddling with a GPS unit. Yup. Happens all the time.

I'd love to see the police report for the specifics of what they saw and how it appeared before these two awoke from their slumber to start reacting.

Something smells a little odd.. Not A LOT odd...but we aren't hearing the other side of this, that's for sure.

At first I was thinking they had the munchies. Smoking a little weed....got hungry....fell asleep.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

defcon5

staple
What crime were they committing that they had to be pulled from the vehicle?

There doesn't have to be a crime for the police to get involved, there simply must be circumstances that are odd enough to warrant the polices SUSPICION that a crime is being committed or about to be committed. If the police can state that in their opinion they believed the situation was suspicious enough, then they are free to do whatever they deem necessary to get to the bottom of that situation.

staple
Sleeping in a vehicle is now grounds for police?

depends on city and state law, but off the top of my head:
Public vagrancy.
Loitering.
Suspicious vehicle.

I've been thinking about what you said and I realize I spoke too soon. I think that if cops are uneasy with a situation and want to allay that, then they are bound to act. Otherwise for failing to act when they had the chance they would find it hard to live with themselves. I do however think they could have called the parents from the scene and verified the facts without having to go through drama and time delays. Get the girl to give them the number as well as her name and dial the phone to the parents. Not hard to do, and more logical. In that way the two people would not have been traumatized, as the teen and driver surely must have been left with at least a nightmare or two.

Then again maybe no one had a phone on them?

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
The girl is now back in Tulsa and I'm hoping she is going to give then local news an interview. The local reaction is anger towards the parents letting her go in the first place.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000

Uhm ya, this...

IF I did trust this man before this I definitely wouldn't after. Falling asleep with their child in a parking lot in Houston??? If I was her parents I would be very upset with this so called responsible adult.

Their dang lucky they didn't get car jacked or worse.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
The parents sound like they just wanted a weekend to their selves. Hope it was worth it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join