It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents Upset With Houston Police After Arresting Teen Daughter.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
m.newson6.com...

A 13yr old Tulsa girl and her dance teacher were stopped by police at a gas station in Houston Saturday night after a long day of practice. Even tho the teacher had a notarized letter from the teenagers parents, the police still took the girl to child protective services.

My question is, why didn't then police just call the parents? Was it because she was a white girl with a black male that prompted the incident? I do think race played a part.

Keep dancing girl!!! And remember, "no one puts baby in the corner."
edit on 2-12-2013 by catfishjoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by catfishjoe

sadly this is not the first case of this occurring.
and i doubt it will ever be the last

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Wow. They could have called the parents indeed, or just asked the girl if her parents wrote the letter, or asked to see her dance shoes or a number of other things.

It is horrible, but I'm glad no one was shot and killed, which could have happened in other places.

If we keep exposing this lack of intelligent thinking, then maybe we can slowly chip away at this sort of thing. What an unpleasant experience for both of them!

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
do they give intelligent tests in Tulsa for police officers?...these officers should be immediately fired, they completely lack common sense, and that could be very dangerous when you carry a loaded gun, with a badge for entitled usage.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Here is a corrected link to the article:
Tulsa Teen's Parents Upset With Her Treatment By Houston Police

BTW... As far as I can tell, no one was arrested, she was simply turned over to protective services until the family called and had her released back to her instructor.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Call me old fashioned but who let's there 13 year old travel alone with young men out of state? Something seems a little fishy here. And maybe just maybe the cops picked up on it also.

I would never in a million years let my kid boy or girl do this............NEVER.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

SubTruth

Call me old fashioned but who let's there 13 year old travel alone with young men out of state? Something seems a little fishy here. And maybe just maybe the cops picked up on it also.

I would never in a million years let my kid boy or girl do this............NEVER.

that's ridiculous. the vast majority of people are honourable and trustworthy, her parents have obviously deemed him as such already or she wouldn't have been in his care. just because a very few men are paedophiles, doesn't mean they all are.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Link fixed. Sorry.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
And what if the daughter had forged a letter so she can disappear with the guy. Then say the girl vanishes or ends up dead or abused. Let me guess the police would of took the blame for that too.

Yes the story sounds dumb but the officers are putting the child's safety first and covering all possibilities. They take the girl to protective custody until the matter is dealt with and understood, once that happens everyone knows the situation no one is arrested or harmed life goes on

But everyone because cop bashing is a favourite past time on here the cops are in the wrong again. I'm telling you now if the police let the girl go with the guy and something happened there would be up roar.

As much as I know some officers are idiots and need to lose their jobs, there are officers who want to do their job professionally. You never hear about heroic cops on ats it's just constant cop bashing.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyteeny

The majority of people are not trustworthy and honorable. The world is not a good place anymore. Times have changed and not for the better.

This is simple truth and if you refuse to see it so be it. I wish the world was as you see it. I really do. When I was young and naive I used to think like you do.
edit on 2-12-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
What crime were they committing that they had to be pulled from the vehicle? Sleeping in a vehicle is now grounds for police?

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

SubTruth

So ty qon do championships out of the question for your kids? Chess championships? All sorts of competitions and sports activities out of the question? When often boys and girls are together.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

staple
What crime were they committing that they had to be pulled from the vehicle? Sleeping in a vehicle is now grounds for police?

And if something was going on ? And the police didn't check ? Imagine the stories..
'Man sleeps with young girl in car while police did nothing'

And as I mention above the police would get slammed for that.

The incident was looked into the child is safe and no one was arrested.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

If you would have asked me 10 years ago if it was alright for this girl to be traveling alone with these guys out fo state I would have said yes. What has changed?

With age comes wisdom. It really is that simple. And If you do not gain this wisdom as you age something might be wrong.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

that's ridiculous. the vast majority of people are honourable and trustworthy, her parents have obviously deemed him as such already or she wouldn't have been in his care. just because a very few men are paedophiles, doesn't mean they all are.

Hardly. I've found that most people you meet are not in fact honorable, much less trustworthy.
I'm not saying there was anything going on there, but pedophiles/sexual predators do put themselves in positions of power, especially in areas where they'll be close to children or young teens.
edit on 2-12-2013 by kx12x because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

staple
What crime were they committing that they had to be pulled from the vehicle?

There doesn't have to be a crime for the police to get involved, there simply must be circumstances that are odd enough to warrant the polices SUSPICION that a crime is being committed or about to be committed. If the police can state that in their opinion they believed the situation was suspicious enough, then they are free to do whatever they deem necessary to get to the bottom of that situation.

staple
Sleeping in a vehicle is now grounds for police?

depends on city and state law, but off the top of my head:
Public vagrancy.
Loitering.
Suspicious vehicle.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

kx12x

Hardly. I've found that most people you meet are not in fact honorable, much less trustworthy.
I'm not saying there was anything going on there, but pedophiles/sexual predators do put themselves in positions of power, especially in areas where they'll be close to children or young teens.
edit on 2-12-2013 by kx12x because: (no reason given)

Well said. Willie Sutton was once (allegedly) asked why he robbed banks. It is said that he gave the reporter a "you are a retard" look and said, " Because that is where the money is."

The reason why you find so many molesters in these sort of positions is because they put themselves into those positions so they can have exposure to the kids.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

SubTruth

Any parent who has children in competitive sports (hockey, soccer, little league baseball, dancing, skating etc.) in which a coach is serving as legal guardian.

or a parent with kids in scouts.... come on think a bit.

God Bless,

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SubTruth

Yes but the kids, its their youth, and prohibiting them from life, and joy, due to the inherent fears of age, is something we all have to deal with in our lives, because that would be very limiting.

Perhaps its time for us to start to speak up about the country we're in. About the way our values re being tossed aside by agenda for fascism and fear is their major control tool.

On Being An Outlaw

This is about being responsible and standing up. Teaching our children to do the same. I would have a hard time with the safety issues but one has to know who's involved.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
What if it was a 13yr old boy that went on the trip with his dance teacher?

What if the teacher was a 50yr old white lady?

I would not let my kid leave the state. Now if it was a group or team event maybe. But just my kid and one teacher? Ain't happening.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join