It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chef Jamie Oliver demonstrates the ammonia-treated beef known as pink slime

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Well this is a big put off as i love a bit of minced beef in all forms

this is made from all the parts of the cow that a not fit for human consumption

ie dog food and chicken feed.

Its full of all sorts of nasty bugs that can kill us people and

they dont even have to tell you its in your burgers your tacos ground beef (minced beef).

Anyway i just thought id like people here at ATS to see what our kids are eating in schools and we are

eating at home if we choose to buy already ground up beef in any shape or form.

Im sorry if this as been posted before and really im not that bothered as i think the more

people see this the better.

edited to add they clean it with AMMONIA to kill all the nasty germs that can harm you and even kill you.

edit on 28/11/2013 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I picked up on what Jamie does because I heard sheeple slagging him off. Whenever you hear them slagging someone of you should always take a look.

What wasn't shown there was how that gunge is handled while its considered unfit for humans. It's dumped by the truck load in holding pounds where it sits and festers, then it's scrapped up by bulldozer type machines and dumped into filthy stinking lorries and taken to where its needed. They can do this because its not yet considered human food, that only happens AFTER it's been washed in the chemicals.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Well his tv career was getting a bit dead and he was falling down the "jamie who" path so... nice come back - picked something SHOCKING and made a big fuss out of it and everyone's talking about him again.

Well played jamie... well played.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

I watched a movie clip of them making this slime. It matches what you said pretty well. They didn't use loaders though, they had conveyer systems. This was before the public start going against pink slime. It was some sort of factory produced film.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   

FraternitasSaturni
Well his tv career was getting a bit dead and he was falling down the "jamie who" path so... nice come back - picked something SHOCKING and made a big fuss out of it and everyone's talking about him again.

Well played jamie... well played.

He only fell down the "jamie who" path because they didn't want people listening to him. Remember! THEY try very hard to control what we view.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
thanks to those that are interested in this and have actually bothered to watch the vid

to the other poster who just slated someone trying to help us thumbs down for you

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
When I watched the video, I saw Jamie put tallow and trimmings into a washing machine and tumble them around. I understand that he was using it as a prop to demonstrate a process. However, the tallow he tumbled magically turned into a container of meat that he ground into hamburger after pouring poison on it.

He stated that the tallow is not fit for human consumption. This isn't true. It is the same beef fat that one eats when they eat a well-marbled steak. It is the same fat that some people buy at the butcher shop to 'lard' other cuts of meat.

All I am saying is that you shouldn't swallow everything that he is trying to feed you in the video.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

butcherguy
When I watched the video, I saw Jamie put tallow and trimmings into a washing machine and tumble them around. I understand that he was using it as a prop to demonstrate a process. However, the tallow he tumbled magically turned into a container of meat that he ground into hamburger after pouring poison on it.

He stated that the tallow is not fit for human consumption. This isn't true. It is the same beef fat that one eats when they eat a well-marbled steak. It is the same fat that some people buy at the butcher shop to 'lard' other cuts of meat.

All I am saying is that you shouldn't swallow everything that he is trying to feed you in the video.

Tallow is used in the making of shortening and only the fat is used and he didn't say it was not fit for human consumption. He said the cuts that was used for this process was not fit for human consumption and he is right. The FDA regulates as to what cuts of the animal can be used and what cannot. What he is saying in the video is true.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

i have a friend who is a butcher and ill ask him if there is any truth in what you say

and ill let atsers know what he says oBTW my dad worked as a butcher back in his day also

but pink slime is well heard of and you are not (as in credible info as i dont know you)

and never seen you in a fight for healthier food

please dont see this as an insult to you

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by maryhinge

I do not take it as an insult.
I am not in agreement with many processes that our food goes through before it reaches our tables, including making and using pink slime.

But I do know from experience that the large white mass that Jamie holds up is a piece of beef tallow, specifically a piece that surrounds the kidneys. It isn't inedible. In fact, the fat from ruminants is some of the most valuable pieces in an animal when you are a third world person looking for high caloric value. Caloric value is important when you are starving.

Again, I don't support pink slime, but I also don't support using lies and camera tricks to support the cause.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

He said the cuts that was used for this process was not fit for human consumption and he is right.

I have to disagree.
He held up a piece of tallow in each hand and said, "in this form is inedible".

I watched the video again to be sure.
He isn't being truthful there.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

butcherguy

He said the cuts that was used for this process was not fit for human consumption and he is right.

I have to disagree.

That wasn't tallow that is called suet. That is used to make tallow and until it is processed it is inedible.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

buster2010

butcherguy

I have to disagree.

That wasn't tallow that is called suet. That is used to make tallow and until it is processed it is inedible.

Beef fat is suet. As I stated previously, it is the same fat that you eat in a well marbled steak... totally edible.
The terms suet and tallow are used interchangeably in the area of the US that I was raised.
Since is close to Christmas, maybe you should tell the people of England that their Christmas puddings have an inedible ingredient in them.... look it up... it is suet.... not tallow, using your definition.

top topics

join