It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would an Extraterrestrial Craft Have Flashing Lights?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
If this has been brought up before, please delete.

So I was outside and noticed a low flying airplane with its lights just flashing away and it got me thinking. Would a alien craft have lights on it? What would be the purpose? My line of thinking is they wouldn't need them. If they have the tech to get here then I think having lights would be obsolete.

I would love to hear all your thoughts.

Thank you.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
1. if light is a byproduct of propulsion
2. as a means of camouflage in atmosphere
3. hitech aircraft that must still sometimes comply with flight regulations

?

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by catfishjoe

If aliens existed, and were flying in low earth atmosphere, they'd learn to put lights on their ships so a human aircraft wouldn't fly into them. Even aliens have the self-preservation gene.

edit on 28-11-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Perhaps as some researchers claim they have arrays to emit navigation signals, and some of those emissions are in the visible spectrum.
edit on 28-11-2013 by joeraynor because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

I think you may be right. I saw a bunch of lights above a hill one evening, and thought it was planes flying in formation. Then I realized they were too slow for planes, so must be helicopters. After watching a bit more, it became obvious they weren't moving fast enough for even helicopters.
The formation was in the shape of a 'V', and lights were blinking red, then blue, back to red. It also had very bright spot lights that seemed to rotate, pointed towards the ground. Every light was in perfect synchronization, so they may have belonged to one craft. If it was just one craft, it was HUGE, and unlike anything I've ever seen.

Nugget
edit on 4u88America/Chicago301 by nugget1 because: Correct spelling

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

catfishjoe
If this has been brought up before, please delete.

So I was outside and noticed a low flying airplane with its lights just flashing away and it got me thinking. Would a alien craft have lights on it? What would be the purpose? My line of thinking is they wouldn't need them. If they have the tech to get here then I think having lights would be obsolete.

I would love to hear all your thoughts.

Thank you.
well for lights it maybe for them to see,just cause they can travel the universe doesn,t mean they don,t need a light like us to see.

it also maybe the power they use causes light to be emitted but unless they show them selfs and share we will never know.
edit on 2013 by sparky31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Ive thought about this as well and have 2 theories

1 is they do it specifically so they ARE noticed
2 it is a part of the UFOs engine or anti-gravity device or something like that

I reckon that if they have crossed interstellar space or some dimensional gateway to get here they have probably technologically passed the need for headlights.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Why would such advanced technology even need to have exterior lights?

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

I'd imagine that an alien trying to tell you why he has flashing lights on his craft would be like me trying to explain why I have a bell on my bicycle to a badger.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

How about hey don't even exist? Putting lights on the outside of your high tech space craft just to get noticed? And I don't think that he way they are described to travel that " headlights" would be a part of the equation.
Why would such advanced technology even need to have exterior lights with the kind of software and hardware that they would have to have?
And once again, lights to gather attention? Is it some kind of dare to see how close you can get to earth, not get noticed, but you space craft has to have lights. The more I hear about ufos, the less likely it seems true.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Ya, i checked with my black ops sources and they said for sure. SO there you go..

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by apydomis

I'll tell you why:

A) 'cause they like shiny colors.

B) 'cause space is boring.

C) 'cause they're show-offs.

D) 'cause their craft can out perform anything on Earth so why bother not having lights, it's not like they need 'stealth' tech, that stuff is so 'a million years ago' dude.

E) 'cause they like to make humans ask each other anthropocentric questions about ET spaceships.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
the ET's must comply with FAA/ICAO regulations specifying postioning lights on aircraft I imagine.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

NonsensicalUserName
the ET's must comply with FAA/ICAO regulations specifying postioning lights on aircraft I imagine.

a) they have lights designed into them because when they land at home base they use lights for exactly the same reasons human craft use lights.

b) perhaps the lights don't have an off switch. Suppose they have oodles of power on board.

c) they want to fit-in and not make humans upset---flying intentionally without lights could be viewed as a military action.

If these hypothetical ET-human treaties from conspiracy theories are true, perhaps using lights was a negotiated requirement?

Of course the most likely explanation is that they aren't ET aircraft.

Some of the 'optical effects' one occasionally hears about reported with UFOs (distinct from nav type lights)---overall colored glowing, or fuzzy whitish surrounding haze, or one light splitting into multiple lights, sound as if they could be physical effects from a hypothetical "warp drive" which could perform gravitational lensing.
edit on 28-11-2013 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Aleister

If aliens existed, and were flying in low earth atmosphere, they'd learn to put lights on their ships so a human aircraft wouldn't fly into them. Even aliens have the self-preservation gene.

edit on 28-11-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

But if they existed wouldn't they have some super alien tech that could detect our craft?

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

awesome. I'll take the first and the last.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Only the sport model xtc-65 has flashing lights. The other options are tinted windows and a heater in the drivers seat.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Well flashing lights are illegal on all but emergency craft so I guess aliens would follow local laws you'd think.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by nugget1

ever thought of that it could have been drones?

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   

joeraynor
Perhaps as some researchers claim they have arrays to emit navigation signals, and some of those emissions are in the visible spectrum.
edit on 28-11-2013 by joeraynor because: (no reason given)

Sounds like Ancient Aliens.

Who are these "researchers" and how do they research something that is Unknown/Unidentified?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join