It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would an Extraterrestrial Craft Have Flashing Lights?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by catfishjoe

The one I saw at night was for lack of better terms, "lit up". Blue and red, the most intense neon I have ever seen at night on a craft. Not "bright", just intense hues. Since the whole object was obfuscated by the lights I could't make out the actual outline of it, just the lights. They weren't blinking…

Whether these were running lights or some effect produced by the propulsion system I can't say either. The object was totally silent the whole time it was in view.

The further it got from us the orange-er it became until it disappeared into a cloud. Nothing but nothing man made could have caught it, it behaved as if it had purpose and when it was finished it left.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   

No one knows the answer to this question because Aliens haven't turned up yet.
If and when they do we will have the answer to your question.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

It sounds like Bigfoot experts. How do they know? No one knows. You can have theories. But that's just speculation.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

I said if the crafts have lights its ours. Most of the crafts I saw had lights. Those others have a reddish orange not ours.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
i think if they have eyes to see with, and they live on a planet, then they would need lights

so yes they would have lights on .also they get mistaken for planes or black project craft

so its a win win (thats if they are alien) I DONT KNOW i have only ever seen ufos and

never seen any entities or beings

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

NonsensicalUserName
the ET's must comply with FAA/ICAO regulations specifying postioning lights on aircraft I imagine.

So you are saying they get cited for traffic and parking violations
so to speak? Who is going to pull them over?

KPB

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I think speculating on the needs and motivations of beings that we know absolutely nothing about is an exercise in futilosity. Every possible answer, from "Yes, they definitely need lights" to "No, there is absolutely no way they would ever have lights" is equally valid.

Here's one to think on: Does fire need light? If so, for what purpose? If not, why does it have it?

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I wouldn't imagine so.

Why would they need lights to get noticed? If they are here, they are watching you. I'm sure they wouldn't care if you can see them.

Somebody earlier said they might need lights so we don't fly into them, 'lol'. I'm sure they'll see us coming buddy!

Anyway, purely hypothetical. Good entertaining question! S+F

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

apydomis

Why would such advanced technology even need to have exterior lights?
what do you know about what advanced technology is supposed to have? Could be a way to communicate or transfer information to other craft. could be a way of identifying who's who or what purpose the craft has.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
And for that matter.....what about landing gear!?!? Wow....I just blew my mind! I say no. Again the whole superior technology.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
The lights, strobing, colors or changeable colors, movements and shape, all depend on what they want to do for those watching. Its to wake people up, and capture attention, make it stand out, not something you just write off.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

If "they" want to stand out and get our attention why not hover over NYC during the day? Oh....and thanks for replying. I've enjoyed some of your former posts.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

The only 1 who knows the

I said if the crafts have lights its ours. Most of the crafts I saw had lights. Those others have a reddish orange not ours.

I wouldn't put it past them for building advanced propulsion craft and then have to install conventional lights in order to appease the FAA.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

catfishjoe

If "they" want to stand out and get our attention why not hover over NYC during the day? Oh....and thanks for replying. I've enjoyed some of your former posts.

they do do things like that just google nyc ufos. the thing is they only appear to the people who are ready to see them

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

catfishjoe
If this has been brought up before, please delete.

So I was outside and noticed a low flying airplane with its lights just flashing away and it got me thinking. Would a alien craft have lights on it? What would be the purpose? My line of thinking is they wouldn't need them. If they have the tech to get here then I think having lights would be obsolete.

I would love to hear all your thoughts.

Thank you.
Maybe they don't want silly earthlings crashing into them

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

bottleslingguy

catfishjoe

they do do things like that just google nyc ufos. the thing is they only appear to the people who are ready to see them

Yes....but how many of those videos of u f.o.s over NYC are actually alien spacecraft and not hoaxes, blimps etc.....

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

catfishjoe

bottleslingguy

catfishjoe

Yes....but how many of those videos of u f.o.s over NYC are actually alien spacecraft and not hoaxes, blimps etc.....

if only one is true then all bets are off and you guys better start wrapping your heads around it.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Nobody knows whether they are actual lights or some kind of a side effect. More like a glow.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Never mind lights...Do they Have Window wipers or are they just fair weather flyers. ?

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   

angryhulk
I wouldn't imagine so.

Somebody earlier said they might need lights so we don't fly into them, 'lol'. I'm sure they'll see us coming buddy!

That's what i thought when i was riding my bicycle in the dead of night without having a light on it... The rest is history of me and the car hood.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join