It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thanksgiving' to who

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

Financial Stability' you see that's the bit I don't get, financial stability is in your head, your country is bankrupt the fact that you have more dollars than someone else means nothing as the USA cant meet it commitments.

You have your health and you should be grateful for that of course, but I honestly don't think Americans have anything to be thankful for.

You are invovled in wars, torture and all Americans has spent more than they have earned, you have self centred people representing you.

Its not just America I feel the same way and Im in the UK, we are about to celebrate Christmas " season of goodwill to all men" we are cutting welfare, degrading our disabled, 1000s of people die of the cold in UK every winter wile everybody goes around saying " Seasons Greetings"

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

Sooo ... we should all run out and commit mass suicide in some sort of protest because it's all hopeless?

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Biigs
Be thankful for what you have.

I should expand: you got 364 days of the year to worry about everyone else, take one for you and your family.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

What if you have nothing and have lost everything are ill and cant afford obamacare and all you have to look forward to is death

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Damn right I'm thankful. I'm thankful for a million different things, and I try to live every day with a sense of gratitude. I help out when and where I can and I don't have a smidgen of guilt at all about the way I live. I don't have everything I want, but I have everything I need, and that puts me way ahead of a significant percentage of Earth's population.

What success I do have is mainly attributable to the fact that I had the good fortune to be born in the USA. I'm not saying by any means that there aren't equally wonderful places to be born, but there are also an awful lot of significantly worse places.

Here's a secret - you can't ever feel bad enough to make someone else feel good. Misery will do plenty to drag you down, but not one whit towards improving anyone else's lot.

So

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

yeah 364 days to do more of the same

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

pavmas
reply to post by Biigs

What if you have nothing and have lost everything are ill and cant afford obamacare and all you have to look forward to is death

Concentrating on how bad your situation, is for the rest of the year.

If you really have nothing to be thankful for be thankful you are still breathing. Why is everyone such a damned depressive these days?

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Worse places (for now)
USA is still a young country

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

pavmas
reply to post by Biigs

Then it is what it is.

There are places for me to go where I might receive help (of all kinds) and a meal or three because there are plenty of people in this country like the posters already on this thread who are still willing and able to give what they can to make that possible. And, if I don't take advantage of that, then it's no one's fault but my own.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

Well I would not go that far' what Im trying to say if the haves are celebrating having, what about a holiday for the have nots, instead thanks giving day what about cursing day.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Ok I get it, just wanted an opinion to see how you all felt' and by the replies it seems there is not much bad of what Americans think of their fellow countryman, and from what I have read here I believe that if you had a hungry child living next door you would gladly share your dinner.

SO Happy Thanks Giving.

And a joke to finish.

Q: what is the height of bad luck
A: a turkey that gets ran over on Friday

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

pavmas
Worse places (for now)
USA is still a young country

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

No one knows what the future may bring. The idea is to have some gratitude about what we do have now. If you find that to be somehow wrong, then that's sure your right. I have no problem allowing someone else to wallow in misery, just don't expect me to join in. And if it makes you even more miserable to know some won't, then you're welcome.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

pavmas
reply to post by ketsuko

Well I would not go that far' what Im trying to say if the haves are celebrating having, what about a holiday for the have nots, instead thanks giving day what about cursing day.

I know it gets lost in the overly commercialized cavalcade, but that's sort of what Christmas is supposed to be - The Season of Giving. And in fact, you can't turn around at Christmastime without bumping into a Salvation Army bellringer or a Toys for Tots box or a Coats for Kids campaign or food donation barrels. I proofread newsletters for apartment complexes and senior homes and pretty much every single one of them has some sort of charity giving project going on ... even the section 8 ones who are probably on the receiving end of at least some of that giving themselves.

The reason for this is that Christmas is a time of giving, and you are supposed to give. Not just to your family, but to everyone, in recognition of God's gift of salvation.

It really is unfortunate that everyone only looks and sees the gross commercial aspects because there really is a lot of generosity to everyone that gets overlooked at Christmas.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

As I said in the post above, there is not much wrong with Americans that they feel this way, In fact i would say this is the most vital holiday you have where you give thanks and think of others not so well off

I just wanted an honest opinion and all posts defended it to the hilt which is the only time I have saw American speak with one voice on here.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

pavmas
reply to post by opethPA

Financial Stability' you see that's the bit I don't get, financial stability is in your head, your country is bankrupt the fact that you have more dollars than someone else means nothing as the USA cant meet it commitments.

Been there and done that with debt..Through my own stupidity I accumulated a ridiculous amount of debt and unlike a lot of people I owned my problem and paid it off . So since I have had not had to live check to check for a few years I'll take this version of life over when I was paying off that debt.

pavmas
You have your health and you should be grateful for that of course, but I honestly don't think Americans have anything to be thankful for.

You are more then welcome to your opinion and it means as much to me as mine means to you.
Their isn't a country in the world that doesn't do or hasn't done horrible things. Keep telling yourself it's only the big bad US or the UK.

Do I disagree with many of those policies and actions of humanity? 100% I do..that doesn't mean I am not going to enjoy life and live it to the fullest.

edit on 2013pAmerica/Chicago3003ppm by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Biigs

Can't possibly be thankful for anything.
That's atheism.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I am thankful that I have bullets left, and a true aim. About four hours of freezing my balls off in the woods, one shot, I brought down a nice sized deer. Now my family will have enough meat on the table to eat well for thanksgiving, and also have plenty of leftovers for the following week. About 3/4 of the deer went to a foodbank, not for thanksgiving though. For canadians thanksgiving already happened this year.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join