It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something Good, Positive and Uplifting for Everyone.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Since there are so many bad things happening in the world, and we all have so many different opinions that can easily and quickly become really heated arguments, I thought it would be a good idea to present something we all can enjoy, at least once in a while.

Some of you might know who Lindsey Stirling is, probably most of you don't know who she is, she is a truly an unique performer/composer/singer who merged three different talents she has into one unique talent which has made her famous in the world of youtube, and even for many gamers when major music companies rejected her, and even time after time she was even told that she would never make it because what she did was not enough.

Her story and her success on youtube, and now on the world tours she has been doing tells a different story. Her videos have millions of views, and her website has gathered over 150 million views/visits since 2010.

Here are some of her original compositions.

"Elements"

"Shadows" which to me is reminiscent of Peter Pan's shadow.

"Crystallize"

"Spontaneous Me"

The above are some of the original work she has done, and there are many others all of them amazing.

She has also made covers by herself, and with other artists of other music.

"On The Floor Take Three"

"Mission Impossible" playing alongside "The Piano Guys".

She has done covers of games and movies as well such as.

"Assassin's Creed"

"Halo" playing alongside with William Joseph.

"Lord of the Rings Medley" (Which was filmed in New Zealand btw with beautiful settings in that beautiful country)

"Zelda Medley"

"Star Wars" playing alongside Peter Hollens.

She and Pentatonix's cover of "Radioactive" by Imagine Dragons won the most viewed youtube music video award of 2013.

She is a truly unique and very talented young lady whose talents as well as her zest for life, witty humor, and her willingness to bring her music to everyone has won her many fans all over the world, and I thought at least some of you would enjoy these as well.

I could also not leave the thread without posting the amazing music video she did with "Ven Tribe" on their visit to Kenya, Africa.

edit on 27-11-2013 by ElectricUniverse because: errors with links

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Love Lindsay sterling's music. First heard about her probably 6 to 8 months ago approx. and have been listening and enjoying ever since.

s & f

this is something that everyone can enjoy

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Lovely, brilliant! Working my way through the vids. I have to admit I have never heard of her before! Think she has a new fan now!
Thanks for posting
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Very talented young lady! You can see her passion for her music shine through in her eyes, her smile, her dancing, her entire being.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by victhebutcher

I love her musical style as well. She is in fact my favorite modern musician/performer, there is not one single one of her originals or covers that I don't like. She is truly amazing and her talent is unique.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

She is great. BTW, most of those videos are pre-recorded of course, at least part of the videos are, when you hear 2 or more violins it's all her, and there are many more she has made I didn't post, but you should see her live performances. There is no other musician that I know that can play the violin and dance and move like she does live.

In fact, here are a couple of her videos of live performances she has made.

The following video is a private live performance she did in the Ring Hotel in Vienna, in quite a small room might I add.

Of note is that the black violin she is using in the following live performance is not the one she usually uses. That black violin is of lesser quality unfortunately not sure if she was given that violin at the hotel or what is the story behind that. All violins sound different which at times confuses some people because the same musical composition can and does sound different if played with different violins, and of course that was a live performance and not in a recording studio where music will sound better.

Here is a live performance she did after an interview with her best violin. She has many different violins which she has given different names. The one in the following live performance is a Roth Violin from Robert Cauer Violins. it is a very expensive one and the best quality violin she has. You can hear the difference in the sounds between this Roth violin and the black one from the link above.

The most amazing thing is that her music and performance attracts people of all ages, among her fans are children, teenagers, young adults, adults and the elderly.

Here is a video of what some of her fans have to say about her live performances.

edit on 27-11-2013 by ElectricUniverse because: add info.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
For those of you that enjoyed her music, here are some other videos.

Some of these are just photos of her while playing her musical compositions.

Electric Daisy Violin.

Minimal Beat. She is using the black violin on this one which seems to be one of her stuns violins.

Phantom of the Opera.

Transcendance.

Come with Us. With Can't Stop Won't Stop.

Moon Trance.

Song of the Caged Bird.

Anti-Gravity. Live performance in Italy.

Stars Align. Long version live in Chicago.

All of Me. With John Legend.

Game of Thrones. Cover with Perter Hollens.

Skyrim. Another cover with Peter Hollens.

River Flows in You. With Debbi Johanson.

Thrif Shop. With Tyler Ward.

There are others including her Christmas covers.

Enjoy!

edit on 1-12-2013 by ElectricUniverse because: Errors with links

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Love her stuff. Very uplifting.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

She is amazing.

She has released several new videos and here i am showing 3 of those new videos.

Master of Tides - Lindsey Stirling

Roundtable Rival - Lindsey Stirling

Lindsey Stirling - Take Flight [Official Music Video - YTMAs]

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Thanks.
Needed.

top topics

join