It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is how I know the US has gone to total S***

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
A character from a popular cartoon was recently killed off on Sunday's episode. For those who watch Family Guy, the family dog Brian Griffin was hit by a car and was killed. It seems that fans of the show are not too happy about this and have started a petition to bring him back...... I'm sorry, but this is BEYOND pathetic. With the amount of issues we have states side, you would think people would be caring more about our economy, lack of job creation, interests in the M.E., ACA or maybe how are Govt. enjoys bending us over on a regular basis. But no, a cartoon dog is the straw that broke the camels back... Sigh.. USA what the hell has happened to us? Have we been conditioned to think/care for a make believe dog?? I find it sad that there are people in this country who care so much about crap like this when we have such bigger issues going on with our own country...

"Family Guy" fans refuse to just sit back and accept what happened during Sunday's episode.
During the Fox series' all-new episode Sunday, viewers were hit with a shocking death that nobody would have ever seen coming--Brian, the smart, funny and witty family dog, was hit by a car and killed, and as you might have expected, that wasn't OK with a lot of people.
So the fans decided to do something about it.
Aaron Thompson of Tuscaloosa, Al., launched a Change.org petition early Monday to bring the beloved dog voiced by Seth MacFarlane back to life, and to date, the petition has collected over 35,000 signatures.
WATCH: Take a look at Brian's final moment on "Family Guy"
"Brian Griffin was an important part of our viewing experience," Thompson wrote on the site. "He added a witty and sophisticated element to the show. 'Family Guy' and Fox Broadcasting will lose viewers if Brian Griffin is not brought back to the show."
The petition links to a Facebook page dedicated to the late character (RIP Brian Griffin From "Family Guy"), which has already gained more than 386,000 likes.
During Sunday night's "Life of Brian" episode, the show killed off the sophisticated talking dog, when he was struck by a car and run over as he prepared to play in the street with Stewie. Although there was hope he'd survive, his injuries proved to be too severe.

Source

Mods- I ran a search, didn't see this posted, please 86 thread if it is

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Bread and circuses man. Tried and true distraction. On a related note my Niners crushed the Redskins last night. See?

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

I mean, no offense but...how sad is the world that people can't enjoy shows and get their minds off the terror of the world for five seconds. If people are sad that a dog on a T.V. show died and want to petition to bring them back then that is their business. I guess you're one of those people that get annoyed at parties when people aren't thinking of the issues at hand enough and are .....gasp.... BEING CAREFREE???

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Hmmm...

Let me ask you this then if I may. How many more people voted in the election, than signed this petition?

I would say that your nation is in truely dire straights when more people sign petitions like this, than vote, or sign up to charitable donation for good causes. As it is however, both the elections, and charity receive far more attention than poor old Brian.

As a fan of the show, it seems to me that anyone who could fail to be moved somewhat by the death of such a popular character, in such a popular show, may not have been paying attention. That said, I think it would be truly pathetic if people found themselves more able to connect with a cartoon dog, than with a person in need.

I agree with you, that it WOULD be a bad indicator, if it were shown that more people voted to bring back Brian than say, free Bradley Manning, or some other highly important topic. But I really do not think that thirty five thousand votes is all that many, compared with the many millions and millions in the US, and is not really all that much of a concern.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
While I like the show, because they aren't afraid to touch any issue, I don't see where this is a big issue.
First of all, this isn't the first time people have gotten mad over a show and done this.
I think there are way better proofs out there that we have hit the crapper!

35,000 doesn't seem like a lot to me?
edit on 26-11-2013 by chiefsmom because: sp

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
It is ridiculous but 35k signatures isnt much...Not a big fan of the show but have seen it. Brian the dog had a female human girlfriend. I wonder how many people were upset with the bestiality episode?...

Quagmire guy...pretty sure he got the daughter peg down to her bra and panties one episode, believe she is in high school? any outrage?

but like any show, will probably replace him with a hip black gay dog lol...

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

I like Family Guy as much as the next guy. I enjoy how the show constantly pushes the PC envelope, but I'm not losing sleep over the death of Brian Griffin. I have bigger issues to worry about in my own life. A cartoon dog just doesn't hit my radar one bit and I feel bad for those who are this affected by this...

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

chiefsmom
While I like the show, because they aren't afraid to touch any issue, I don't see where this is a big issue.
First of all, this isn't the first time people have gotten mad over a show and done this.
I think there are way better proofs out there that we have hit the crapper!

35,000 doesn't seem like a lot to me?
edit on 26-11-2013 by chiefsmom because: sp

Well, it's 35000 signatures in less than 2 days (show aired Sunday night at 8 pm CST)... That's somewhat significant and I'm sure the number will continue to grow.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

OrphanApology
reply to post by jhn7537

I mean, no offense but...how sad is the world that people can't enjoy shows and get their minds off the terror of the world for five seconds. If people are sad that a dog on a T.V. show died and want to petition to bring them back then that is their business. I guess you're one of those people that get annoyed at parties when people aren't thinking of the issues at hand enough and are .....gasp.... BEING CAREFREE???

Yes, I'm one of those people who believe that no one should ever be devastated over the death of a cartoon dog...

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

This is how you know the USA is going to ####? I'm sorry but I was hoping for something much more interesting than a massively popular show losings its best character.

How bout the fact that the coming generation is egotistical, materialistic, and brainwashed?

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

JDmOKI
reply to post by jhn7537

This is how you know the USA is going to ####? I'm sorry but I was hoping for something much more interesting than a massively popular show losings its best character.

How bout the fact that the coming generation is egotistical, materialistic, and brainwashed?

Well, I never stated I had the end all be all answer, but yours works too

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Macfarlane has a crazy ego. He knows how strange and unnecessary it is to literally kill off a character on a cartoon show and is getting satisfaction from watching the dismay and sadness of his fans.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I find it funny that you are insinuating that Family Guy is all these people care about as their main focus in life. That's exactly what you're doing. You assume that once these people finish signing the petition that that's all they do for the day, then they just shut down until they spark up again tomorrow as if they are robots. I'm sure these people (some if not most) DO care about the big issues at hand and will continue to persue them and may already actively be doing so, but for now just wanted to express their disdain with something on television. This is what normal people do, they express outrage whenever something is upsetting to them. You make it sound like Family Guy is their entire life, the ambrosia to their existence.

People are not built with a narrow scope, they are a wide variety. How terrible that people take a break out of their day to sign a petition and then get back to the more important things at hand. Yes, they are just "ruining" America. America was ruined long ago but for better reasons than this.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Myomistress

The point is that something like this shouldn't even get the effort of a petition. It's a cartoon dog.... You can be okay with it all you want, but I'm sure a person with their sh*t together isn't wasting time on a petition like this. So yes, I'm judging this group as a whole, because I believe know person in their right mind would go out of there way to sign/care for a petition about a dead cartoon dog... And I feel that with the amount of issues in this country, people shouldn't waste one iota of effort on something so meaningless..
edit on 26-11-2013 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

intrepid
Bread and circuses man. Tried and true distraction. On a related note my Niners crushed the Redskins last night. See?

Well, my Bears are totally decimated, so I'm jealous of your team

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

jhn7537

The point is that something like this shouldn't even get the effort of a petition. It's a cartoon dog.... You can be okay with it all you want, but I'm sure a person with their sh*t together isn't wasting time on a petition like this. So yes, I'm judging this group as a whole, because I believe know person in their right mind would go out of there way to sign/care for a petition about a dead cartoon dog... And I feel that with the amount of issues in this country, people shouldn't waste one iota of effort on something so meaningless..

Well, I'm sure glad that you do not run the United States then because you would surely be a terrible leader. People here have free right to do whatever they want. If they want to sign a petition about a cartoon dog, then so be it. They're not hurting anyone and certainly not dooming the nation. Your notion is just exaggerated and blown WAY WAY out of proportion. They're not harming anything and I'm sure many of them DO care about other things than a cartoon dog. They are having fun in their leisure time just as I'm sure you and everyone else enjoys doing as well in their own select ways. Them signing a Family Guy petition isn't a big deal in the slightest and they're not the reason that American is going downhill. You're just connecting dots and drawing lines at this point that aren't even there. Grabbing at straws I think is what the terminology is.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Did I ever write that they didn't have the right to petition??? No, didn't think so... I just think it's wasted effort for a cartoon dog that was killed off, so I don't see how that has to do with being the leader of this nation, knowing that I'm not trying to strip any "rights" away from anyone... I'm judging these people as I'm sure you're judging me by this thread, we are allowed to do just that, I'm not proclaiming to everyone that I'm right and they're wrong, I just think it reflects bad on our country when we have people making a big deal over the death of a cartoon dog. It's my opinion, I'm entitled to have it, I'm not shoving it down anyone's throat, I'm just sharing my annoyance towards a petition for a dead tv cartoon dog..

And one other thing, going off your first point, I pray that you're not a fan of the ACA with all your free rights talk....

Maybe I should have moved this thread to the Rant forum...

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I can see the point. This is something fairly inane to even spend a moment on. Brian was offed. Big deal. I hope these petitioners are young. I'd hate to think this is grown adults with bills and mortgages, etc. And why do they feel the need to tell a company how to run their business? Look out next month. Futurerama is getting cancelled......again.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ghostfacekilah00

Actually, I read that he was a huge Soprano fan, and wanted to give someone from the show a character on his, which is exactly what he did with the new dog.

I really don't think that this petition is going to go anywhere. People will be upset, and just like Brian in the show, it will be quickly be replaced with something or someone else.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Yea, the voice of the new dog is from Paulie from Soprano's

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join