It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally Amazing New Image Of The Inner Core of ISON!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   

VictorVonDoom

jhn7537
reply to post by cheesy

Can I ask you why you call this a "scary" shape?

Look closely at the dark shape. You can see the face of a grey alien!

Actually, i was just thinking the 'face' looked a lot like a border collie dogs face...so who knows, maybe the Ison ship is an invading force from Canis Majoris.

Take us to your leader...woof!

edit on 24-11-2013 by MysterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Dahboo7 is not really a credible source.
The guy Denys that the internet website www.amsmeteors.org meteor sightings have only increased due to more people using the site and a app they have for android and Iphone.
He thinks they have increased and its not due to more people using technology, funny because as technogly progresses and becomes more easily accessible you would be seeing a influx of reports.
So the sighting statistics on that website are only rising due to people being aware of amsmeteors website.

He even tried to debunk my idea with a video that didn't prove anything, just a email from the administrator.

I have no time for him and his "truth"

But I do like your post cheesy.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

There's a big confusion in this thread between ISON's core (the solid bit) and the inner coma (gaseous and dusty bit). Large inner coma doesn't mean that the comet itself is huge. The inner coma may be as large as Australia, but the solid part of the comet is still just a few km across.

So I would suggest Cheesy to edit the topic title to read "inner coma", not "inner core". en.wikipedia.org...

The reason behind the inner coma's weird appearance may be a powerful jet of gas and dust, or even fragmentation. [Edit] Or, as one astronomer replied to me just now, "too much image processing".
edit on 24-11-2013 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

:0 the dino's had no records about this event...

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   
There was a horizon special about comet ison on tv last night. You might be interested. If your in the Uk it was on bbc 2 "Comet of the Century: A Horizon Special" .. You can watch it on the iplayer. Also there is a doc with similar name on nat geo channel in the UK tonight at 8.

www.bbc.co.uk...#

natgeotv.com...
edit on 11/24/2013 by Matt.Trakker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   

cheesy

The Pic was taken from the canary islands by Fritz Helmut Hemmerich.
The Core of this thing is Huge and absolutley wicked looking!

]

edit on 23-11-2013 by cheesy because: (no reason given)

nice video man, thanks for bringing it to us. almost looks like a beings face as has been mentioned. does anyone know what time it could be seen from the mid atlantic states area of the US, if at all?

i have always thought that comets bring different energy with them than we are accustomed to, perhaps they change us and the solar system in ways we have yet to perceive.
edit on 24-11-2013 by OceanSpray because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Great pics.

I've gotten up every morning this week at 4:00 am and gone out to look for the comet. And then I'd go back out at 5:00 am. Then 6:00 am. It's supposed to be a pre-sunrise comet. Even in perfectly clear skies I haven't seen it yet. I don't know if it's just really dim and my eyesight is bad (which it is .. the visual snow is pretty thick these days) ... or if it's just too early to see it naked eye. But I've read that people CAN see it ... I'll just have to keep on trying.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
When I looked at the core and noticed a face, I immediately thought it looked like Yoshi from the Super Mario games haha
edit on 24-11-2013 by Tenacious8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
how can we be sure it's not ISON - the evil space bunny?

all cute and cuddly until it bites your head off!

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by six67seven

We can't be sure. And we aren't sure.

But it's looking likely.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Interesting news about the comet from NASA. There will be some nasty sunspots on the other side when Ison goes around. If there is an eruption NASA says they really don't know what will happen.

I still wonder what effect the half flipped magnetic field will have on ISON. No articles address this issue. Since there is nothing in history to compare it's effect on a comet or asteroid, I guess it is a good reason to avoid the issue. We will just have to see what happens, it is very unusual for the sun to do this I guess, both sides of the sun usually flip together or in a short time of each other.

science.nasa.gov...
edit on 24-11-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Welcome, my alien brothers. Peace?..... *gets kicked in nuts*

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by wildespace

No confusion at all exists!

Noone can see how big the "comet" whatever is deemed to be the actual solid part is, so how can anyone claim it is not larger than 3 km ?

Heck, why would we believe that ANY of the comets are that small, and why would we want to believe space agencies whose job is to control information and data, rather than present anything tangible to the public.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
The core of comet ISON cannot be seen from Earth. You are looking at a threshold image of intensity where the analog aspect of dim to bright is granulated into about 16 levels of intensity. Something you can do yourself with even the earliest versions of Photoshop, and you can assign any intensity level a color of your choosing.

ISON is a regular, run of the mill comet except for the fact that is a rarer sun grazer.
It is also not big... 2-3km perhaps. Certainly not as big as Australia! Don't get your comet data from fringe science, there is plenty of real information from NASA and Space.com.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   

ParasuvO

No confusion at all exists!

Noone can see how big the "comet" whatever is deemed to be the actual solid part is, so how can anyone claim it is not larger than 3 km ?

There are ways to estimate (or at least to put an upper limit to) the size of a comet's nucleus, using various measurements and equations.
www.fallofathousandsuns.com...
www.cometison2013.co.uk...

Heck, why would we believe that ANY of the comets are that small, and why would we want to believe space agencies whose job is to control information and data, rather than present anything tangible to the public.

Paranoid and delusional much? The job of space agencies is to explore space and perform science. Lots of tangible data is released to the public. Comets are also studied closely by astronomers who are not working for any space agency, including lots of amateur astronomers, universities, telescope networks, independant observatories, etc.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   

rickymouse
Interesting news about the comet from NASA. There will be some nasty sunspots on the other side when Ison goes around. If there is an eruption NASA says they really don't know what will happen.

I still wonder what effect the half flipped magnetic field will have on ISON. No articles address this issue. Since there is nothing in history to compare it's effect on a comet or asteroid, I guess it is a good reason to avoid the issue. We will just have to see what happens, it is very unusual for the sun to do this I guess, both sides of the sun usually flip together or in a short time of each other.

science.nasa.gov...

The Sun flips its magnetic poles roughly every 11 years (a solar cycle). blogs.voanews.com...
The current solar cycle is the 24th since scientists started tracking them back in 1755.

What do you mean by "half-flipped"? The magnetic poles are always opposite each other, I don't think they can be both on the same side of the Sun. Rather, during the reversal the magnetic field weakens to almost nothing, and then reappears with the poles flipped. I base this on what happens to Earth, though, I'm not knowlegeable in this field.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   

wildespace

rickymouse

science.nasa.gov...

The Sun flips its magnetic poles roughly every 11 years (a solar cycle). blogs.voanews.com...
The current solar cycle is the 24th since scientists started tracking them back in 1755.

What do you mean by "half-flipped"? The magnetic poles are always opposite each other, I don't think they can be both on the same side of the Sun. Rather, during the reversal the magnetic field weakens to almost nothing, and then reappears with the poles flipped. I base this on what happens to Earth, though, I'm not knowlegeable in this field.

Here is one article about this. There was one I read from NASA that said it was kind of rare for both not to flip immediately but it does occur occasionally. www.space.com... This may or may not effect the orbit, nobody can know for sure as a comet going around it during this event has not been observed yet. It still will not endanger earth in my opinion, it is far away from earth. If anything, I feel that it will get farther away.

I see that the article you listed contains this information also lower down on the page. Maybe I don't understand what you are asking?
edit on 25-11-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Ok, sorry, I didn't read the whole article myself. The answer to how the Sun doesn't flip both poles simultaneously is this:

While we laypeople tend to label the sun’s magnetic poles as north and south, Todd Hoeksema, a solar physicist and Director of the Wilcox Solar Observatory, suggests that we think of the poles as positive and negative. “It’s best not to think of it like a big bar magnet. That works OK for Earth but not the Sun. Think of the Sun as having a large number of smaller magnetic fields scattered over the surface,” he said.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

You can read a research article and go back and read it three weeks later and it says something different. These articles on the internet change as new info comes out and I have printed out articles only to find that they were changed and all evidence is usually gone of what I read before. This burying of misconceptions is wrong, most times the article does not say they were wrong with the first assumption, they just fix the problem. I suppose this is a way for them to avoid saying that they were wrong.

In the new world of the internet this is common practice, some modifications seem to be almost instantly as if the writer got notification of the change. This same reasoning is why schools are constantly changing textbooks or came out with revisions in the past. College books were expensive and were obsolete within two years. I suppose the internet saves a lot of paper this way. What you learned three years ago may not be real anymore though.

edit on 25-11-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Some people are afraid of beavers, I guess.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join