It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Many people Like my self who post here have Dyslexia

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

when spell check doesn't have a word in its dictionary you can copy and paste it into google, the results will usually be under a "did you mean..." and then add it to the spellcheckers dictionary.

this especially useful for uncommon words used in scientific, metaphysical or religious discussions.

forgot to add [in my previous post] guys like spartacus, who's misspellings are intentional due to nsa paranoia
edit on 21-11-2013 by Metaphysique because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
It's a matter of presentation.

It's like someone showing up to a party, dressed to the nines in their best formal attire, with the formal dress all wrinkled, covered in stains, and smelling like hobo.

Horrid spelling and grammar gives presentation such it appears the person is uneducated, and/or doesn't care enough to attend to remediation.

Beethoven composed and conducted the 9th Symphony being entirely Deaf.
There are great people all through history who refused to allow their handicaps to define them.

There are people who allow their handicaps to define them, and those who transcend their handicaps.
Which one would you (majestic plural 'you') rather be?

edit on 11/21/2013 by AliceBleachWhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   

sparky31

Advantage
No problem that I see because it was easy to see you werent just lazy or uneducated in your posts. I dont care how you spell your thoughts.. just make sure they are great thoughts.

By the way, #6 question on the dyslexia screen is : Do you find you still have spelling mistakes in your writing
even after Spell Check?

Google seems to baffle some folks, so I have provided them a link to read up on a common problem that they cant seem to pick up on in their rush to bash someone : www.interdys.org...
your post actually highlights whats wrong with people,if you had left it at people being lazy then that was fine but you then included uneducated people.

so uneducated people shouldn,t post?i consider myself uneducated through no fault but my own cause in my school days i just wasn,t interested,big regrets today but should it mean i can,t post here?

and what about the people who are uneducated but not their fault should they also not post here?i don,t see the big deal in how a post is written as long as you get what its about.

Not everything is all about you.

ETA.. you dont sound uneducated... but you do sound thin skinned and ready to be offended at everything. Look for a fight elsewhere or make your own thread if you want to throw a pity party for yourself. We werent speaking about you and your perceived inadequacies, we were speaking about dyslexia and many times dyslexics are bashed for being uneducated because they cant spell perfectly. I was addressing exactly that. Again, not everything is all about you.
edit on 21-11-2013 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

Holy crap!! That was pretty damn good!! Now how 'bout we go out for a Pizza and a movie!!

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Advantage

sparky31

Advantage
No problem that I see because it was easy to see you werent just lazy or uneducated in your posts. I dont care how you spell your thoughts.. just make sure they are great thoughts.

By the way, #6 question on the dyslexia screen is : Do you find you still have spelling mistakes in your writing
even after Spell Check?

Google seems to baffle some folks, so I have provided them a link to read up on a common problem that they cant seem to pick up on in their rush to bash someone : www.interdys.org...
your post actually highlights whats wrong with people,if you had left it at people being lazy then that was fine but you then included uneducated people.

so uneducated people shouldn,t post?i consider myself uneducated through no fault but my own cause in my school days i just wasn,t interested,big regrets today but should it mean i can,t post here?

and what about the people who are uneducated but not their fault should they also not post here?i don,t see the big deal in how a post is written as long as you get what its about.

Not everything is all about you.

ETA.. you dont sound uneducated... but you do sound thin skinned and ready to be offended at everything. Look for a fight elsewhere or make your own thread if you want to throw a pity party for yourself. We werent speaking about you and your perceived inadequacies, we were speaking about dyslexia and many times dyslexics are bashed for being uneducated because they cant spell perfectly. I was addressing exactly that. Again, not everything is all about you.
edit on 21-11-2013 by Advantage because: (no reason given)
seriously your attacking me for your your attack on uneducated people?lets look at your post,what does it say?

you weren,t lazy or uneducated?that post to me is saying your attacking the uneducated,i don,t need to say anymore cause if i,m wrong then people will see it for them selfs and judge it on what was posted.

point is i seem to have recieved 2 stars on the subject so it seems more people agree with my post than yours,maybe i done that myself since evertyhings just about me.
edit on 2013 by sparky31 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2013 by sparky31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I re-read and re-read and still make mistakes. I have a spell checker on my browser and was an excellent speller audibly and have an IQ over 130 but have a minor bit of ADHD and Dyslexia. I used to read voraciously and I try to write to keep my mind sharp, but in the past couple years it has gotten hard to do so. I also find my mood has an effect on this.

Bravo to you, way to be brave!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join